PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars at resorts?

tinksmom02
05-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know if they sell Disney Dollars at the resort gift shops? My friend is heading down next month and I asked her to pick up some POTC $$$ for my daughter. I don't want her to be hunting all over the place during her well-deserved vacation. She's staying at POP or Movies, I can't remember.

Anyway, are they readily available in the gift shops, or is there a specific store in the parks she can get them at?

TIA!

merlinmagic4
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I got them at Guest Relations in the front of the parks. I was under the impression that was the only place you could get them. The Pirates dollars are really cool :mickey:

wendy*darling
05-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I was only aware of the Guest Relations windows as well.
All shops accept them as payment- I don't know if they would exchange what they have in their drawer for cash- but maybe.

You can get them at your local Disney Store too.

Piglet822
05-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I was only aware of the Guest Relations windows as well.
All shops accept them as payment- I don't know if they would exchange what they have in their drawer for cash- but maybe.

I've seen CM's at the registers exchange them if they've got some. It never hurts to ask.

Willowwind
05-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Not all local Disney Stores have them yet. I've been in mine every two weeks since November and they don't have them yet. They're also not sure when they will arrive.

tinksmom02
05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Not all local Disney Stores have them yet. I've been in mine every two weeks since November and they don't have them yet. They're also not sure when they will arrive.

Yeah, I checked my Disney Store today, they still have the Princess Dollars.

I might just bite the bullet and call WDW merchandise. The shipping will be ridiculous, but I hate the thought of my friend having to spend her week searching for POTC $$ LOL

Thanks, though!

Altair
05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
The third in the series of Pirates Disney Dollars will be released in mid May along with the release of the movie. No image of the new dollar is available as far as I know. The other two are the Black Pearl and Lost Dutchman.

I don't think the Pirates Dollars are available at the Disney Stores, but that could change.

Disney Dollars at the parks are re-used, while those used at the Disney Stores are destroyed.

Guest Relations is the easiest place to get them.:mickey:

Piglet822
05-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Christi, rather than having your friend check the gift shop, have her ask when she's checking in.
I'm pretty sure I had gotten some of my Disney Dollars at the Ticket/Reservation counter at Coronado Springs several years back.
At the Movies this area is located across the lobby from the check in area and at Pop it's at the end of the check in counter.