PDA

View Full Version : Where Can You Find Adult Costumes For Mnsshp?

DANAM
05-02-2007, 07:35 PM
WE WILL BE GOING SEPT 16-23 AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AT THE HALLOWEEN PARTY (SEPT 21). I AM WONDERING CAN YOU FIND ADULT COSTUMES DURING THIS TIME? MY DH WILL NOT WANT TO DRESS UP BUT I DO. MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE LILO AND MY SON I AM HOPING CAN BE STITCH IF IT ISN'T TOO HOT? ANY SUGGESTIONS? ALSO WE ARE GOING TO THE CASTLE THAT MORNING FOR BBB WILL ANY OF THE HAIR DO'S GO WITH LILO? THANKS :mickey:

LoriMistress
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
First off, please do not use the CAPS LOCK. It comes across as yelling, plus it's hard on the eyes.

I would suggest buying your costume and bringing it along for the trip. You can check out disney.com and they have adult Disney costumes.

wendy*darling
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
:mickey: Welcome to INTERCOT! :mickey:

They may have some adult sized costumes at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney, but I, too, would advise getting your costume before you leave on vacation. Disney's online store, your local Disney Store and ebay are all good places to look.

SallyfromDE
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Have you tried EBAY? There is a seller there that was recommended to me, but I've never purchased from her. MyDressUpTrunk has adult princess costumes for about $40. There are patterns out, do you or someone you know sew?

DDuck66
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
If you sew, you can also find lots of Disney patterns at Joanne's and even Wal-mart. Remember that it is usually very warm at that time of year, so do not be to elaborate on the costuming. We are going on oct 4th and will probably do simple costumes like hats, shirts, and eye masks.

McGoofy
05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
:welcome: Welcome to Intercot.

My DH and I have already been looking at costumes for when we go to MNSSHP in October. We are not allowed to post links here, but all you have to do is run a search on Google, and you will come up with lots of sites that have many, many categories of costumes for sale. Right now a lot do say that there are none in stock but they tell you when they will be for sale. So ordering a costume on line before you go is definitely an option. Just make sure there is enough time between ordering and shipping to have your costume before your trip to WDW. Good luck!

Quasimodo
05-03-2007, 11:27 AM
If you don't necessarily want to dress as a Disney character, I highly recommend going to a local costume shop. I wanted to dress as a pirate for the Pirate & Princess party back in February. I looked through several online costume stores but couldn't find anything that I liked and was affordable. Many of the costumes looked cheap and were not in my size. I'm kinda of a big guy, and needed to make sure what I bought fit me. It also needed to be comfortable and look good. I went to a couple of local costume shops here in Atlanta, and was able to piece together a pretty good pirate outfit that looked great and fit very well and wasn't too expensive.

DANAM
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
thanks everyone for the suggestions. I can sew so I will probally put something together or look for something on ebay. I thought if I got something in Disney my husband would dress up too. Although after really thinking about it I know that would only happen in my dreams. :stitch: Thanks again

lexmelinda
05-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I can tell you from my experience last September that there are no adult costumes for sale anywhere in Disney World or DTD. Can't believe Disney doesn't sell them during MNSSHP season but alas...there are none.

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-09-2007, 01:12 AM
As far as I know adults cant wear costumes at the parks. :confused:

mickey&missy
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM

For MNSSHP you can. I don't think you can any other time, just the halloween party.

Also, you have to careful you won't be mistaken as a character. Meaning You can't go full Mickey Mouse with the head and all. We went to the halloween party last halloween. I was Minnie, DH was Prince Charming (DS was Mickey and DD was Cinderella) my MIL was the Queen of Hearts and FIL was Goofy. We were all in costume but it was obvious that we were there for the party.

Quasimodo
05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
For MNSSHP you can. I don't think you can any other time, just the halloween party.

Adults can wear cosutmes for the Pirate & Princess Party as well. I dressed as a pirate and saw many other adults dressed as pirates.

McGoofy
05-14-2007, 12:51 PM

Oh, no...very untrue...You are in the minority if you don't dress up!! You certainly don't have to, but it is SO MUCH fun!! In fact, this year when I purchased my tickets for MNSSHP, the CM told me "we highly encourage everyone to dress up--including adults." I thought that it was neat that they were telling people that.

I have been twice and seen all sorts of costumes. Our family dressed up as Tinker Bell (me), Captain Hook (DH), and Peter Pan (my son).

Last year on Halloween night everybody (guests and cast members) was dressed up at the hotels and the parks. I was at Pop Century that night, and saw many adults in cool costumes. I even saw a man in a Fred Flintstone costume walking around the poolside with a pina colada in his hand. Looked so funny to me!

Dressing up is so much fun. We have 12 adults going together to MNSSHP this year, and we are all already planning our costumes everything from pirates and super heroes to Saturday Night Live characters.

Adults can have just as much fun as the kids!!! Who says the fun has to be limited to the kids???:D