PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Intercot Friends and TiggerLily

MsMin
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
When I first came to Intercot I had hoped to find new information about my favorite place WDW and I did find loads of info and a place to share my experiences as well. :clappy: What I didn't expect was to be touched by so many wonderful people here.
I wanted to share with you all -my recent experience and invite you to share yours.
First I want to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts, recipes, insight, and smiles. Unfortunately there are too many to mention and I would be afraid I would leave someone out. I appreciate you all.
My first experience with meeting others was in Dec. 04 when Angel, "Here we go again..." contacted me about meeting her and her family on our trip. Thanks Angel for introducing me to "meets" and reaching beyond the boards. We have since met in Baton Rouge and I look forward to meeting again as soon as she is back on her feet:thumbsup:
After meeting Angel I was brave enough to meet others, I met Lori "Daparish" and Monica "WDWgrl1377" - two very special ladies.
As fate would have it, I happened upon Sgt. Tigger and his lovely wife Sherrie. As I am close to them when working in N.O. we finally met after Easter. Bret had already teased me through many PM's about my project in the yard. I've been making a small pond. It's been something I've always wanted to have lily pads and goldfish in my yard. Crazy maybe but it's the simple things that I love (not so simple when I was 2 feet down in mud). Yes, I'm proud b/c I did this myself.
Anyway on my visit-- Bret and Sherrie were generous in giving me a well established water lily. Sherrie dug it up (no small feat) and Bret drained it and secured it in my car.
Well, today is a special day because I have my first Lily in my pond and I'm so excited:cloud9: . I promised Bret and Sherrie pictures and I wanted to share them with you all to so you would have an image with this symbol of the friendship and thoughtfulness of the people that make intercot so special. I've named my Lily- Tiggerlily.
When I'm not on intercot I'm in the garden or working on my pond-- As you can see it's a work in progress. Here are the pics of the pond and my yard. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/slideshow/558900466ksCXrn

Please take this post to join me in sharing how other intercotees have touched your life! :grouphug:

DVC2004
05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Beth, your pond and garden look beautiful! What a great thread. I have met several people here (although not in person) who are just wonderful, good people. They are always there to give advice, encouragement and support.
Some correspond with me in PMs; others simply through general posting but I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone here is.:mickey: What a great place Intercot is!

January-2007
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I think your pond looks just great! What a lovely topic! I haven't met anybody from Intercot, but I have enjoyed reading what everybody has to say. You PMed me when my grandma died last summer, and that meant a lot to me. I think it's neat to get to know people from all around the country (and beyond!) who all share a common interest so vast as Walt Disney World. I think it's neat when I read about the meets in Trip Reports, how people are making these life long friends whom they otherwise would never have known. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it's very sweet. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
:thumbsup: Beth, what a beautiful pond!! I can't believe you did all that yourself!! It is just wonderful - you must love it. And the lily is lovely - how nice that was of Sherrie & Bret to get it for you. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!!

I haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone from here in person yet, although I am looking forward to meeting quite a few in October - in fact, I can't wait!! But, even though most of my correspondence w/ people is on the boards, and occas. through PM's, I have to say that I'cot feels like it's own little "family" - my DH can't believe how I'll talk about stories from the boards like I know the people who posted them - and I've told him that that's the amazing thing about these boards - you really do feel like you get to know people here. And it's a great feeling - and amazing to be in touch with people from all over the country, Canada, England, Japan... just amazing. (My DH said it's like having grown-up pen pals - how very true!! :) )

Anyway - thanks for sharing your story & pics with us, Beth - and for reminding us all how lucky we are to have found this site!

:grouphug: :rocks:

Emily
05-02-2007, 07:47 PM
That is so cool! How sweet of Bret and Sherrie! I was actually fortunate enough to have lunch with Bret (and some other INTERCOTees) when I was in New Orleans about a year or so ago, and he's a great guy. :) The lily is beautiful, and that's quite a project you have going, I like it! :thumbsup: I've always loved ponds like that, I think they're very relaxing.

And having been roaming around here for the past 7-8 years, I have to agree that INTERCOT people are the best! I've met some fantastic people here whose friendships I really cherish. I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a few INTERCOT people in person through various meets. The best trips I've had to WDW have been hanging out with people from the boards. And I'd be remiss if I didn't give a special "shout out" to my fellow mods - many of them have been hanging around here as long or longer than I have, so they all have a special place in my heart! They're great "co-workers"!! :D

I don't know what I'd do without my INTERCOT buds. Life just wouldn't be the same! :rocks:

Piglet822
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Beth, your pond is beautiful! I'm so jealous. I'm not at all creative.
I agree, Bret and Sherrie are wonderful people :) I've had the good fortune of meeting them and many more good folk from Intercot and I consider myself blessed to be part of such a terrific community. :grouphug:

SgtTigger
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow this is really cool.............
I too have gotten to meet some real nice people from INTERCOT and everyone has been just great....
From having lunch together to meeting people at WDW to Angel bringing christmas and Disney household items to us after the hurricane from her and Denise
( buzzandwoodysmom )
To a wonderfull friend in Jeanne ( piglett822 ) who helped my young niece in some real tough times......
I have left many people out that offered to help us out after losing everything in hurricane Katrina.....

INTERCOT is a wonderful family that I am glad to be a part of.......

:trio:

:cop: :tigger:

Bethis26fan
05-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Beth, your pond is beautiful! I'm so jealous. I'm not at all creative.

I agree it looks great.

Here we go again...
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Beth, this is a great post. You are posting about others but I don't think you realize how much you have touched all of our lives.
The pond is beautiful and your hard work shows. I just hope that lilly is not rotten like Bret :thedolls: .

I have also met some really wonderful people on Intercot. I started talking to Bret long before Katrina hit New Orleans. He would share his knowledge of Wilderness Lodge and love of Disney. At the same time, I got to know Denise (buzzandwoodysmom). After Katrina, Denise and I wanted to help Bret and Sherrie have a wonderful Disney Christmas because we knew they lost everything. We got to meet Bret and Sherrie in November and I must say, they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. (Even though I give Bret a hard time every chance I get)

In December, I met Beth with her wonderful family, Scott (nascfan) and his 2 beautiful ladies, and Harriet all on the same trip. That was the beginning of Intercot meets for me.
I also finally met Terri (Teay) and Jeanne (Piglett822) and Ellen.

I call Brett and Sherrie when ever we get to New Orleans. Thanks to him we are now DVC owners. :cloud9:
I call Beth when ever I can get to Baton Rouge... which hopefully I will do again this week.
I talk to Terri almost daily. Jeanne calls me to cheer me up when I least expect it.

My Intercot family has truely touched my heart.
What a great thread....

DizNee143
05-03-2007, 09:17 AM
first...your pond is soo beautiful!! good job!! wanna come do one in my parents backyard??? lol they would love it!! :D
second...i havent met anyone in person here yet...i would like to..but im to shy to start anything..and i think i would chicken out and not show up...all though i would be very mad at myself for that!!!..cuz everyone of you seem like really nice people!! but maybe one day..it will happen...i talked about this place soo much...it really is like a second family with all you guys!! i love this place!! :mickey:

conorsmom2000
05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Beth, the pond is just beautiful!! You did an amazing job - and your tiggerlily is gorgeous!!

There are so many wonderful people on INTERCOT, I could never name them all - I've been lucky enough to meet a few and they are all as wonderful as they seem! And there are so many more that feel like long time friends, though we've never met!

I would like to share another Bret and Sherrie tribute, though, that I hadn't posted about before.....

Some of you may remember that I posted in November that Conor's cousin decided to tell him that there was no Santa Claus - being he was only 6, I was a little heartbroken. I know not everyone does the Santa thing, but we do, and I was sad that he was questioning it already.

Well, Bret read my post and offered to send Conor a letter from Santa - not only that, he enlisted Jeanne's (Piglet822) help - he wrote the letter, sent to it Jeanne, who mailed it to us from Orlando (because "Santa" had just finished filming the Parade at Disney, which is why he was in Orlando! :D :secret: ). It was just such a sweet gesture and both Mike and I were very touched! On the sly, I filmed Conor as he opened and read the letter and the look on his face was just priceless!! :cloud9: There were no more questions after that! :D There are just so many thoughtful people here!!! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 09:04 PM
There is no other place on the web like Intercot -- a perfect mixture of Disney and great people!

Everyone here is so supportive and helpful. When I injured my finger in Sept everyone sent pixie dust in a powerful way. And of course birthday wishes from Intercotees hold a special magic.

I would love to meet more of 'us' -- unfortunately October's meet is out due to financial reasons -- but (shameless self-promotion here) if there are any New Englanders out there, check out this thread:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101870

Intercot.. couldn't live without it!
TikiG

daparish
05-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Beth,
I love, love, love the pond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would also like to take this time to thank you for always being there for me when I pm you with all my problems. You always make me feel better. You are a very special person.:angel: :hug:

disneydeb
05-06-2007, 12:14 PM
What a beautiful garden! Thanks you for sharing!

Bethanymouse
05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
First of all, Beth you are such a sweetheart. You have helped out so many people on here with your kind words and good advice- not to mention your clip art skills! I love the pond!

I have not met anyone from intercot yet, but I do hope to soon. So many of you have touched my life with all of your continous support. Intercot is the place that I come to day in and day out. After sad days, bad days, and happy days. I love to check in on my disney friends.

I love the fact that we can all talk about disney into we are blue in the face and no one tells us we are nuts. I love that you start a countdown as soon as you book your trip....i am not the only loon out there! I love hearing about your trips and reading about your days in disney takes me there! I enjoy hearing about your families, problems and most of all showing support to one and other. Thanks to everyone here for bringing disney into my life everyday!:cloud9:

Lizzy
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I can't even begin to say how much Jamie (Mickey'sgirl) and Jeanne (Piglet822) mean to me.

Jamie and Jeanne were right there with me through my awful marriage and divorce. I don't know if I could have made it through without their support.

I have been out to visit Jamie and she has come to my house a couple of times now. We always have a blast.

I try to catch up with Jeanne at least once every time I am in Orlando.

There are no words to express what those two mean to me and I am truly blessed to know them.