PDA

View Full Version : Ideas Please!!!

beksy
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I need some suggestions. My mom, sister, and I are going at the beginning of October on our first trip since 1996. It is our first time staying in the world (at the Contemporary) and the first time without my dad (yea--we can spend more money!!). We are celebrating my sister's hs graduation and my 25th birthday. :party: Unfortunately, it will probably be my mom's last trip to Disney since her health is declining so rapidly. What suggestions do you have to make this a memorable trip? Also, since we haven't been there in so long, what should we definitely not miss? :confused: We'll have a week. Thanks for your help!

2Epcot
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
:welcome: beksy to Intercot!

There are lots of new things to see since your last trip in 1996. My first stay at the World was also at the Contemporary Resort.

The Animal Kingdom of course has opened since you were last there. The Safari ride, and Expedition: Everest are the most popular, but there are a lot of great things to see there.

Buzz Ligtyear was added to Tomorrowland since your last visit. That is one of my wife's favortie attractions. Also, Mickey's PhilharMagic at the Magic Kingdom, which is one of the best 3D films Disney has done.

At my favorite park, Epcot ... Soarin' is a must see. As it did at Disney's CA Adventure, it has become one of the favorites of people who visit Epcot.

Those are a few things, I'm sure others will have more. I hope you and your Mom and sister have a great time.

bleukarma
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
It depends on if your mom and sister like thrill rides or not. My list is full of non-thrill type rides, just in case they don’t:

MK
-“new” Pirates of the Carribean (I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s a must-see on my list for next time I go!)
-“new” Haunted Mansion (it will be finished with its refurbishments in October)
-Buzz Lightyear is fun!
-since your celebrating something special and you have extra money I would suggest eating at the Castle!
-Wishes fireworks

Epcot
-Soar’n
-“new’ Mexico boat ride
-I always suggest eating a pastry in France – they are yummy!!
-Illuminations

MGM
-Lights, Motors, Action car show
-The Great Movie Ride
-eat at Sci-Fi Dine in or 50’s Prime Time Café

Animal Kingdom
-nothing beats the Safari ride!

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
One thing that I would recommend is since you will be there while it is going on is the MNSSHP. FInd a date that it is on and buy the tickets for it. What is better than at any age to go trick or treating in the MK. Enjoy the EIFAWF and explore the tastes and different exhibits. DO not miss the fireworks at each of the parks they are all worth it. One thing we did last time we were there is the DIning Plan which was totally worth it in all aspects. We made the dining reservations and all we had to do is show up. It was all paid for. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

DNS
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Also you could call in advance and probably have a birthday/graduation cake made up at one of the table service restaurants. There are so many very cool things to arrange at WDW, especially for special occasions, personally I would call the (407) W-Disney number and ask a representative to make some suggestions. Maybe a fireworks cruise on Bay Lake would be a fun thing for you, or parasailing. We always have a blast playing mini golf. Those are just a few non-theme park things that add greatly to a trip.

Lynn J Mc
05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
This sounds so simple but ask to ride up front on the monorail. Tell them you are willing to wait. Ask every time you get on, eventually it will be your turn. Talking to the driver is lots of fun and it gives you a totally different monorail experience. I love the monorail and when you pull out of the Contemporary in the front car it gives me goosebumps.
Soarin is a must do.
Fast Pass everything that you can.
Call all of the restaurants ahead and tell them it is a special occasion. Even if you don't order a cake,they will do something special. Cinderella's Royal Table had confetti strewn on the table for my mother's birthday and gave her a royal proclamation.
Have fun!

beksy
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks so much for all the great ideas. :thanks: We are So Excited!! :trio:

adamsfam5
05-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Wishes. That's all I can say. I bawl like a baby every time. Love the music. I'm tearing up right now. Stay late at MK - well worth it!

Take lots of photos! It's even fun for the adults to have photos taken with Cinderella (check out the place in MK - Toontown, I believe). Use the photopass system.

prttynpnk
05-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Since you're goign in October, why not take her to one of the F&W events?

autumn
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
wine and fireworks outside at the top of the contemporary. you can go out on the roof, and it is fabulous!

also very fun is dinner at the rose and crown pub during the fireworks. make a reservation for about 8:30 and sit out on the paito area.

denygold
05-04-2007, 07:44 PM
La Nouba at DTD is very memorable.
Wishes and Illuminations are unforgetable.

nickcapp
05-05-2007, 07:52 AM
So many great suggestions!

My biggest tip....enjoy your self! Get to see everything by taking your time and relaxing.

One of the biggest mistakes people make are not enjoying the atmosphere. Take it all in and your trip will be magical.

Marilyn Michetti
05-05-2007, 10:28 AM
WOW ! Since 1996, you've not seen Test Track or Mission Space at Epcot. In the MK, there is Mickey's Philharmagic, and Stitches Great Escape, as well as Buzz Lightyear.
AK is totally new.
MGM has Tower of Terror and Aerosmith - both since l996 (Ithink). Correct me if that's wrong.

Downtown Disney has "morphed" a bit. You'll have a ball.:D

DNS
05-05-2007, 11:40 AM
wine and fireworks outside at the top of the contemporary. you can go out on the roof, and it is fabulous!

I didn't know this. How do you get to the roof?

MsMin
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
I love pictures to capture the moment. We went with my parents and his health is failing too so I thought it may be his last trip. I made a scrapbook from our previous trips to give to them-- it was a big hit. We also made an 8x10 of all of us in front of the castle (thanks to photopass, new too since your last trip) and gave it too them for Christmas. Photos help preserve the memories -- do take advantage of photopass.

celebrationasheley
05-05-2007, 12:22 PM
You can get out on the balcony on the concorde level with the restaurants and shops. And also if you eat at the california grille.

DNS
05-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks celebrationasheley! I'm going to try this.

pook@wdw
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
1st off, let me say WELCOME BACK!:welcome: You've picked a great time to go! In Oct the Food & Wine Festival is going on @ Epcot. An opportunity to sample all that the "World" has to offer. (and some extra). Depending on your family's preferences, for thrill rides, the RRC, EE, TOT, MS (orange), Space Mountain, and BTTR are not to be missed. For something a little tamer, try Splash Mountain (you''ll get wet), Soarin, HM, and POC. If shows are your thing, Philharmagic (3-D) @ MK, Walt Disney-One Man's Dream @ Studios, and Bug's Life (3-D) @ AK. If you can, score a lagoon-side table @ Rose & Crown (Epcot) for the Illuminations show. For a rip-roarin and funny dinner show w/lots of great food, try the Hoop-Dee-Doo @ FW. Different strokes for different folks, so just enjoy the time you have w/your family. Doesn't matter what you do, you're gonna have a great time! After all...you're @ Disney World!!