PDA

View Full Version : non busy rides at very busy times??

January-2007
05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
We will be in Walt Disney World at the end of this month. :cloud9: My question is what rides are overlooked during busy times and subsequently do not have extremely long lines? I remember waiting so long to ride Spaceship Earth when we used to go in August, but it's been a walk on the last two trips I've taken, since we've been going during off season. Is everything busy, even the non headliners? Do you have any tips for going during a busy time in terms of rides and such? It's going to be such a shock for DH, the last two trips we took are all he knows of WDW pretty much, since his only trip before then he was a toddler. It's going to be busy and I just want to try to avoid the crowds as much as we can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and we're not concerned with doing everything since we'll be back in September. This trip in May will be 8 nights so it's not a rush rush rush type trip. Just want to see what we can. Thanks all!!! :mickey:

biodtl
05-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Try to hit the popular rides early, late and during meals and parades.

Use fastpass.

And there are some rides that tend to be easy on - like TTA. Small World can be a quick line at times, as can Buzz Lightyear. Hall of Presidents, too.

In Epcot, the WS attractions tend to be pretty quick.

Donald A
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Here are the five that first come into my mind
1) Tomorrowland Transit Authority at MK
2) Carousel of Progress at MK
3) Universe of Energy at EPCOT
4) Journey into Imagination with Figment at EPCOT
5) Spaceship Earth at EPCOT (only later in the day)

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I have found that in EPCOT is busy in future world until the WS opens. IF you do not go until later until after World Showcase opens then it won't be as busy even during busy times. We have found to that the rides that are constantly moving will not be as long as a wait. As stated TTA is always one. COP is another. Unfortunately when it is busy there is always a wait for eveything. This is when we do EMH to aleviate some of the waiting.

Meteora
05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
We go during Christmas week, which is pretty much the busiest time there is.

Take the advice of those who have already posted: do the popular attractions first thing in the morning or fast-pass them. That includes roller coasters and most Fantasyland rides. Word to the wise: Peter Pan, due to its popularity and slow-loading, can have one of the longest lines in the park. Take afternoons off--do mornings and, when the park starts to get crowded around 12 or 1, go back to the hotel, do lunch, nap, swim, etc. Hit the parks again around 7 when people start to drift outwith young ones/eat dinner.

As people have mentioned above, rides that "continuously load" or shows that eat up a lot of people are usually fairly easy to get into with little or no wait.

We have always been able to easily ride Spaceship Earth, HM, and the TTA. El Rio del Tiempo used to be a walk-on for us, but I imagine the lines will jump now with the refurb. As for shows, Energy and Philharmagic eat up a lot of people, so you can have almost no wait if you time it correctly. If you have any interest, the Hall of Presidents, which is surprisingly cool, is usually pretty empty.

To end on an optimistic note, we have never not been able to do anything we wanted to do due to crowds. Yes, you might have to wait awhile for some things, but if you bring a book or come up with line-waiting games, it goes quickly. My sister and I are partial to 20 questions.

Polynesian Dweller
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Agree about doing the big rides first but with a little twist. Years ago my father taught us to go right to the back part of the parks first, in the MK where the main rides are. Most people take their time getting into the park and if you go deliberately to a ride in the back you can beat the rush. Now that there is fastpass, the modification is to go get a fast pass at one of the main rides first and then go ride another major ride right away. Works every time we are there to get on more rides with little lineup. :thumbsup:

DisneyOtaku
05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
For all the years I have been going to WDW, Country Bears never seems to have a long line. It's just so easy to pass with two out of the three mountains so close to it.

January-2007
05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
:mickey: Thanks for the tips everybody! I really appreciate it! :mickey:

Pinoke68
05-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Here are my picks for rides/attractions to see during the most crowded times of the day:

Magic Kingdom:

WDW Railroad
Town Square Exposition Hall (for some vintage Disney toons in the cool a/c)
Enchanted Tiki Room
Swiss Family Treehouse
Country Bear Jamboree
Hall of Presidents
Mickey's Philharmagic
Carousel of Progress
TTA

Epcot:

Spaceship Earth
Journey into Imagintion with Figment
American Adventure
all of the WS movies

MGM:

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Magic of Disney Animation

AK:

It's Tough to be a Bug

Have fun!!:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
During real busy times of the year, there's nothing that won't have a line. I've seen the line for TTA wrap around and head over towards SGE.

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse though tends to not have much of a line no matter what. It's a walking tour and I'm thinking that doesn't appeal to many. I've seen very short lines for SGE even during the 4th of July, so I think the word is out that it's junk.

Over at Epcot, JIYI tends to be a good way to make it seem like you're doing something, even though you're not. Impressions of France is good to kill some time as well.

Since there's not much left over at MGM, the lines tend to be fairly long no matter where you go, although One Man's Dream has some stuff to look at while you're waiting for a movie.

At AK, I've seen pretty short lines for the Pocahontas too. I can't bring myself to go into the carnival over there, the lines may be fairly short for Dumbo^D^D^D^D^DTriceratops Spin.