PDA

View Full Version : April Vacation 13-22 part 5 & final thoughts

c&d
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Day 9: So sad we’re leaving.

We got up early for us around 9ish and grabbed a bite to eat at the food court. We then gathered up all our stuff and headed over to DME to check our bags. US air strikes again. I didn’t realize that they were not a DME airline, I just figured they must be. Anyway we check all our luggage and head over to the MK. We headed over to Space Mtn. to get FPs. They were for about 1 hr after we got them. We hadn’t been able to ride it in all our trips because we were too lazy to stand in a long standby line or the FPs return times were many hours out. Since this was our last day and we still had food left on our plan, DS and DH had softserve ice cream and I had a smoothie. After that we rode Space Mtn and then one more ride on Buzz and it was time to head over to the hotel for our ride to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport, of course the US air line was once again a bazillion people long. We decided to go outside and use the curbside check in, even if it costs $2/bag and boy are we lucky we did. When we get up to the counter the sky cap looks at us and says you don’t have any reservations. So I once again pull out my itinerary and show him the reservations. He says hold on and goes inside. He comes out and says they’ve cancelled your reservations so follow me. He takes us to the 1st class check in and for the next 40 minutes we wait. The poor women from US air was on hold for 30 minutes waiting to straighten out the reservations. She said that when we flew down stand by they didn’t protect our return flight and sold the seats. She gets us tickets (no seats) and sends us on our way. As we get to security I ask DH for my ticket and he gives me one and I say no that’s yours. Well it turns out she printed 2 tickets in DH’s name and one for DS, none for me. It’s now about 35 min. before the flight is to leave and I don’t have a ticket, but we give it a try. The TSA agent looks at the ticket in DH’s name and my license and says ok. I’m sorry Kathryn does not look anything like Daniel on my license but right now all we’re trying to do is get on the flight. We then get to the gate and they finally call DH and DS to board, we go up to the counter and ask what about me, she says I’m not on the flight standby list. Yikes. So I’m thinking this maynot be so bad. I’ll just go back to WDW get a hotel room and spend the night. It is EMH hours at the MK tonight. But that was not to be, they found me a seat.

Final thoughts: I love the fact that we’ve been enough times now that we can really start exploring all that WDW has to offer. We don’t feel guilty when we don’t go the parks and hang out at our resort. What was the most fun about this trip was the fact that there appeared to be so many 1st timers there. Watching their reactions to the rides was great. The squeals when the cockroaches leave the theater in Bugs Life, the father and son sitting next to me on test track when we broke thru the door. Watching people on the buses as it got closer to the MK, especially the “wicked cool” late teen early 20 something with his younger brother. They got on the bus and sat down, and he’s slouching in his seat looking at his watch being cool. As we got that first glimpse of the Castle from the bus, he hits his little brother and says did you see it, did you see the castle. When he said no he keeps saying look over this way you’ll see it and finally the little brother saw it. Like the commercial: seeing the castle for the first time priceless.

sleepingbooty
05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you had a great vacation. I enjoyed reading your reports, thanks for taking the time to share the details of your trip!:thumbsup:

faline
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
My! What a stressful trip home!

I love your description of the "little moments" you experienced - particularly the two brothers on the bus!

merlinmagic4
05-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I enjoyed all of your reports! We were there about the same time and had a great trip, too! What a rough time getting home.......whew, that would have stressed me out! :thedolls: Glad you made it home safe and sound :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-02-2007, 04:53 PM
We're flying USAir and now I am nervous. But I'll know to double-check and make sure they protect the return flight in the event we have trouble on the way down. First timers are so fun to watch! Thanks for the report!

Bethis26fan
05-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks.

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. I know what you mean about exploring all the things they have to offer. Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:

MissStyles
05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
The Orlando Airport can be soooooo crazy at times. I'm GLAD you were able to make it back on the flight....although EMH at MK would have been tempting. ;)

I really enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for taking us all along..!!!