PDA

View Full Version : April Vacation 13-22 part 4

c&d
05-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Day 7: Epcot, the long way there.

We once again sleep in late and decide that we will head over to Epcot to ride Test Track. Last time we headed over to WL the bus really takes the scenic route. So we decide we’ll head over to MGM and then take the boat up to Epcot thinking that’s more fun than just sitting on the bus. We take the bus over to MGM and enjoy the pleasant ride up the river to Epcot. We get over there and the wait is long and the fast pass return is a couple of hours away. So as we’re standing there deciding what to do DS says lets to the single rider line. In keeping with his theme of: I want to ride every ride alone we agree. DS is 8 and we explain to him how it works and we tell him one of us will be in front of him and one behind so that he’s not in the line alone and not getting off the ride alone. He’s all excited about this and when we get to the ride there is no one in the regular rider line. The doors open and out come the people from the pre show and it turns out that DS is put in the front seat and I’m in the seat right behind him. Not quite what he was hoping for but he said he was glad I was there.

It’s now mid afternoon so we decide to head back to the hotel and the pool. We go for a short swim and then head back to our room to change for dinner. We have dinner at Artist Point. This is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. The food is always great and the service always excellent. We enjoyed and early dinner 5:00pm and. We headed back to our room to change our clothes and take a walk along the exercise path. One of the things I found when I had been out running in the morning was there was always a deer having breakfast along the path so I suggested we take a walk along the path and see if we would see any. We didn’t have to walk far when we saw a couple of deer. DS was so excited and he took a bunch of pictures. We also saw an armadillo and a bunch more deer as we walked. What a great way to walk off your dinner and there are very few people out on the path.

After our walk, DH and I stopped by the lounge for a nightcap and DS heads over to the arcade. I love the new swipe cards being used at the arcade. It makes it sooo much easier. After a nightcap we head back to our room after another exhausting day at Disney.

Day 8: It’s all about me today

So my birthday fell a 2 days before we left and I said let’s just celebrate at Disney. I really like AK but everytime we go there it turns into a nightmare. DS always has a meltdown for some unknown reason. Since it’s my day I decide I really want to do AK, so we head out. As we are walking up the winding path there is a mother talking to her son and she says: What is it with you? Everytime we come here you lose it.” I laughed out loud, I could understand her pain.

We head over to KS for a fastpass, we do a quick ride on Bugs Life. After that we start heading over to Pizzafari for lunch and see that Lilo and Stich are out. On this trip DS started pin collecting and he’s only collecting Stitch pins. We wait in line for him to get his picture taken and Stitch is very interested in all his pins. Lilo has to get him to stop looking at them all the time. When we’re done with lunch it was our FP time so we headed over. We were in the last row and by ourselves in the row, 2 things that have never happened before. We really liked being in the back row, you can turn around and see the things you missed, but it is much bumpier. We then walked the trails. After that I said I had to run over to ASMo. I had seen a jacket I thought my aunt would like for Christmas in the gift shop. I had seen it in several other places but since it was not in a resort they didn’t have the $10 WDW tote to go along with it. So off I went telling DS & DG that I would meet them at 3:45, also hoping to get a few pictures of the resort during the day. The bus was there and I was back in about an hour. Since we had reservations at Mama Melrose’s at 4:50 we left the park and headed to the bus stop. The line for the bus was really long and even though there was a bus there we thought we we’d never make it in time since it looked liked we would be about 2 buses away from getting on. We jumped in a cab and headed over to MGM. We arrived around 4:30 and started heading over to the restaurant. I’ve never seen MGM so crowded, you could barely walk. We had a nice dinner at Mama Melrose’s. It was not without excitement? though. We’d just ordered our appetizers when I hear this voice, can someone help me. Kind of quiet, as if you had dropped something and couldn’t reach it. It then gets a little louder and finally there’s this scream, Can someone help me she choking. I turn only to see it’s occurring at the table directly behind us. It’s a table of 8 and apparently her mother (70ish) was choking. With that many people jump up and the wait staff is calling our waiter over because he knows the Heimlich maneuver. As he’s getting over there, I’m getting up to get DS out of the area, there are some things he really doesn’t need to see. Luckily they were able to clear her throat and she appeared to be fine. Although she didn’t eat her dinner, she was eating dessert when we left.

After dinner we FP Star Tours and walked around the park for a while. Really we went shopping. We headed back to Star Tours and when we got on the ride no one had taken our FP’s. After we rode, DS looked around in the gift shop while I headed to the standby line looking for a party of 3. People look at you very strangely when you walk up to them and ask if they’re a party of 3. I had walked by about 30 people before I came up to this group of 3 girls in their early 20’s. I asked if they were a group of 3, they looked at me strangely and said yes and I said here are 3 fastpasses good now. They still looked skeptical and I said, they didn’t take them from us when we got on the ride so you can have them. They were all excited and when I turned around and looked they were busy jumping over the line to get into the fast pass lane. After that we headed back to our room to start packing for our return tomorrow, but not before another walk. We once again saw a bunch of deer and what’s nice is they don’t run away. I guess they feel safe so you can stand there and really watch them.

sleepingbooty
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Glad you were able to experience AK again, this time no meltdown!

faline
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
In the early days, you would often see deer on, or near, the roads around Fort Wilderness. Bus drivers would even stop their buses to point them out!

Except for the unfortunate incident at dinner, it sounds like you had a very nice birthday celebration!

January-2007
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
That's so scary about the woman choking. I'm glad she was okay in the end. Sounds like overall you had a good day. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
thanks for sharing.

Bethanymouse
05-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I read all your reports at work but I didnt get a chance to post! I loved reading them, what great stories you have shared! Thanks!:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm glad that woman was ok, that must have been scary. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

MissStyles
05-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Thank goodness the waiter knew the heimlich!! I'm glad you enjoyed your "birthday". :party: It sounds like you accomplished a lot.