PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP rare characters where to find

PNWmom
05-02-2007, 12:27 AM
I've heard the MNSSHP is the time to see rare characters but where are they located? So far I've heard the Alice in Wonderland characters are on the trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland. Snow White and the seven dwarves are supposed to be, on the right-hand side by the fence, if you are looking at Dumbo (with Ariel's Grotto behind it). Any others?

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I've never had a prob finding characters but them I'm a bit hardcore! I found the Alice characters by the tea cups, Snow White and Dopey in the old Skyway to Tomorrowland queue up station, and Peter Pan near Pirates of the Caribbean, the princesses in the Judges Tent, A few years back I saw Aurora on Main Street which is super rare...

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I've never found all the dwarves though, I don't think they do meet and greets, I think just Dopey does the meet and greets and the Dwarves come out for special events.

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 01:26 AM
What does MNSSHP stand for?

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 01:28 AM
oops sorry the Halloween party. Then I have no idea :P

*Liz*
05-02-2007, 02:22 AM
The 7 Dwarfs do meet & greets for the Halloween & Christmas parties, They appear in Fantasyland over by the old skyway building I believe. :)

Disneyatic
05-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Where is the old skyway building in Fantasyland??
What about the Genie, does he ever do pics and autographs??

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 12:02 PM
The old skyway building is near "It's a Small World, and Peter Pan's Flight. Its near the exit into Liberty Sq. Genie does meet and greets all the time. I saw him in Morocco in EPCOT.

Wolf
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Most of the villians are in front of the castle for meet and greets after there show they do.

joanna71985
05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
The villians do photos only after the castle show. The 7 Dwarfs do photos only near Dumbo. For other rare characters, Abu can be found over by the Magic Carpets ride.

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Genie often meets and greets near Aladdin's Flying Carpets. We saw Walrus (Alice) on pathway between Toontown and Tomorrowland.
Saw Playing Cards near teacups. If you go to MNSSHP there will be a special park guide for the party that has character meet and greet areas marked.

Figment!
05-04-2007, 03:33 PM
If you go to MNSSHP there will be a special park guide for the party that has character meet and greet areas marked. ... and for planning purposes we have the 2006 Halloween Party Park Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/images/06map.jpg) available in info Central. :thumbsup:

PNWmom
05-04-2007, 04:23 PM
What I was wondering is if certain characters can always be found in the same spots and if so who and where? Or do they change spots year to year? Maybe this will help. These are the locations listed on the MNSSHP map.

Adventureland
By Treehouse-?
Magic Carpets- Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu

Fantasyland
Dumbo- Snow White and the seven Dwarves

Tomorrowland
Storytime with Belle-?
Space Mountain-?

Toontown
Judges Tent-?
Donald's boat-?

Trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland
Alice in Wonderland Characters

joanna71985
05-04-2007, 08:00 PM
What I was wondering is if certain characters can always be found in the same spots and if so who and where? Or do they change spots year to year? Maybe this will help. These are the locations listed on the MNSSHP map.

Adventureland
By Treehouse-?
Magic Carpets- Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu

Fantasyland
Dumbo- Snow White and the seven Dwarves

Tomorrowland
Storytime with Belle-?
Space Mountain-?

Toontown
Judges Tent-?
Donald's boat-?

Trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland
Alice in Wonderland Characters

In Adventureland, across from the Treehouse, is the Jungle Trek. It has the following:
Tarzan, Jane, and Terk
Timon and Rafiki
Baloo and King Louie
(At least it did MNSSHP 2006)

Carpet ride- Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and Genie

Toontown- I met Cinderella, Prince Charming, Aurora, and Prince Phillip in the HOF. Mickey was in his garden, and Minnie was in her gazebo. The Little Einsteins were outside as well.

Treat trail- the Alice in Wonderland characters. I met Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, and Mr. Walrus.

Tomorrowland- There was a dance party in Cosmic Rays. Stitch is on the stage, dressed as Elvis. Donald (pumpkin) and Pluto (space dog) are on the dance floor. Buzz is by his ride.

Fantasyland- Snow White and 7 Dwarves by Dumbo (photos only). Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore are by Pooh's Playground. In front of the castle after the show are the villians (photos only). There is also a dance party by Ariel's Grotto.

PNWmom
05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
That's what I was looking for!!

Thank you!!

Brer Robert
05-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Not to mention that depending on the year or so, you'll be able to find some extremely obscure and rare characters that may never appear again at WDW. Sora from "Kingdom Hearts" appeared in Tommorrowland at the party in 2004 and he was accompanied by Donald and Goofy in their respective clothing from the game(this was most likely to promote "KH:Chain of Memories" for Game Boy), not to mention Thumper from "Bambi" was there that year as well. Perhaps we'll find some more rare guys this year as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-07-2007, 03:32 AM
....Which you would have thought that Sora and Co. would have been out this last year for the release of KH2. But noooooooo, of course not. And he is the one I am completely dying to get because I love that game so much. I've also heard a rumor that there was an Organization XIII Mickey, but....yeah, that was probably a rumor.

PNWmom
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Other than Snow White and the 7 dwarves, do any of the characters appear as groups?

Greenlawler
08-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I love the MNSSHP. We have been the last three years. We are big character seekers and have been dissapointed that more characters are not out for the party. Look we are not complianing we love the event. But I think the parties should switch up more from year to year. I realize everyone does not come year in and year out, but thats what Mickey and the big 5 are for. Throw the famalies who love finding rare characters more bones. Do we need the Alice trail every year? Why not a trail of villans, The villans stage show has dwindled every year and the number of them appearing is getting scarce and predictable (Hook, White Queen, Maleficent, Jafar maybe Cruella or Frollo) Oh look I have gone on a rant sorry. Just a thought I hope that did not sound negative, just last year on our entire vacation Apu and Brer Fox (who we met during the day) were the only new characters we found.

joanna71985
08-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Other than Snow White and the 7 dwarves, do any of the characters appear as groups?

The Pooh characters go in groups, Pooh with Eeyore and Tigger with Piglet. The Aladdin characters do. I believe it is Aladdin and Jasmine, then Abu and Genie. Peter Pan and Wendy meet together, also Captain Hook and Mr. Smee (I think. I am trying to not mix up MNSSHP and MVMCP).

PNWmom
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you remember where you saw these pairs?

joanna71985
08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Do you remember where you saw these pairs?

The Pooh characters were across from the ride, near Pooh's Playground. The Aladdin characters are across from their ride. And the Peter Pan characters are near their ride as well.

glenpreece
08-14-2007, 06:49 PM
The characters and fireworks are about the only reason I am considering going to MNSSHP this year.

joanna71985
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
The characters and fireworks are about the only reason I am considering going to MNSSHP this year.

And those are 2 very good reasons for going. The fireworks are great!

SimbaandNalasMama
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I have heard that Capt Jack will be available for a meet in greet. I sure hope so. I love seeing his show outside POTC, but if i could stand next to him and get a pic, i might SWOON!!!

disneydude1
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Make sure you see Mr. Walrus from Alice in Wonderland on the trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland. The Halloween parties are the only times he is out.

joanna71985
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I have heard that Capt Jack will be available for a meet in greet. I sure hope so. I love seeing his show outside POTC, but if i could stand next to him and get a pic, i might SWOON!!!

Actually, there is no guarantee he will be out at MNSSHP. Last year he wasn't.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Jack does the meet and greets now for Pirate and Princess, and the line wasn't too bad. Went around 10 and it was only about 30 minutes.

But if Barbossa is out for MNSSHP, then Jack would probably be out too. Otherwise, having Barbossa and no Jack would be.....weird.

joanna71985
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
From what I have heard, Barbossa will probably be on a float, like Jack. Because Jack is only in the parade for MNSSHP.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-23-2007, 01:10 AM
You know, as much as I love Jack (which is a lot more than is probably healthy), I would sacrafice (sp?) having him at MNSSHP for Sora, for several reasons.

1- Disney is going "pirate-crazy." Everywhere I look there is new POTC stuff. It's getting to be overkill, there's too much. Pirates will go in the same route as Figment and Stitch - great in the beginning but then Disney has to try to drag something out for as long as possible until it becomes annoying (and I love Stitch but I am tired of seeing him everywhere). And trust me, I am someone who goes to Ren Faires...

2- A *LOT* of kids know who Sora actually is, and it's probably one of the most successful games that Disney or BVG has ever produced (I won't go into tha fact that the majority of it is probably due to the FF characters). Not to mention, it is one of the top selling games of all time. If Disney were to bring back Sora, give him, Donald, Goofy and Kairi/Riku (or even more so....*gasp* King Mickey!) a float based on say....Hollow Bastion or even Twilight Town with little heartless costumed guys on it. Man, that would be AMAZING!

I've actually seen a lot of kids dressed as Sora at the parks and everytime I make a big deal out of it because no one else seems to know who they are. And a lot of times, their parents are making those costumes themselves and making the keyblades. Personally, I've spent about $200+ on my imported KH products from Japan and there are a lot of things I still haven't gotten. Money that if Disney followed the popularity of KH, they could be earning instead cause I can tell you the companies that produce the imports.

After all, how much more Pirates, Nemo, Cars, Stitch and High School Musical can we all take? I say put Sora back in (possibly in his Halloween Town costume to keep with the theme) before making MNSSHP basically another P&P with Jack and Barbossa. They have their own party to raid.

kirstenmouse
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
last year at MNSSHP my husband and I went as snow white and her prince and we had our picture taken with the real snow white and all seven dwaves - highlight of my holiday - there are not so many rare characters now more characters that are dressed different - for example pigglet dressed as a flower, eeyore as a mummy, stitch as Elvis - lol it is great fun! I did see the walrus and the mad hatter the year before (2005) which was cool - and loads of the playing cards - painting the roses red! :thedolls:

Pluto's Pal2
08-28-2007, 11:28 PM
... and for planning purposes we have the 2006 Halloween Party Park Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/images/06map.jpg) available in info Central. :thumbsup:

Hi!

I'm new here and will be in WDW for the MNSSHP this Oct. This will be our first time to WDW in October.

The link to the Halloween Party map is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Do you know what time they have the parade and fireworks on the MNSSHP nights? :mickey:

like2workout
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
i can't wait to see what characters are out for the halloween party this year! i'll be there 10/16!!! (really hoping Governor Radcliff is out this year!)