PDA

View Full Version : What's on your list?

mickeys_princess_mom
05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
What souvenirs do you usually hunt for on your trips?....I seem to kind of come back with lots of tees to remind me daily of the World, earrings, Cinderella things, stuffed Mickeys, something for my pirate room, and cool things for my desk..How about you?:shop:

Aggie97
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I always come home with pins, that year's magnet, a picture frame, a sweatshirt or long-sleeved T-shirt, and a bunch of those little collector packs of mini Disney things for my shadow box (I can't resist the tiny replicas of castles, ride cars, mountains, etc.! :mickey: ).

hooberry
05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I always buy a christmas ornament with the year on it, i just love decorating the tree and remembering the fun of our trip that year:santa:

Wolf
05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I always get a few stuffed animals (20 and I still have my critters) a few pins, and then lots of antena balls for my car. and picture frames, I come home with lots of them!

merlinmagic4
05-02-2007, 07:31 AM
All I look for is the magnet with the year on it and a mug. That's actually all I brought home for myself this year! I wish I had thought of the Christmas ornament. I'll have to get one of those in November at MVMCP!!!!

TIdoubleGR
05-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't usually go in with a set idea of what I'm going to get...I enjoy the hunt for the perfect souvenir (or 10 :thumbsup: ) way too much!

However, I have noticed I usually end up with at least a couple shirts and pins for my collection...my pin album has become part of my art collection and I love pulling it out and remembering where I got each pin. No "themes", just try and get the pins I really like at new places each time I go so I have different memories of places around WDW.

BritCody
05-03-2007, 06:48 AM
For me it is Christmas Ornaments and for my kids it is pins and scrapbook items

auntfrannie
05-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Although I always end up with tons of souvenirs, I make it a point to look for Eeyore mugs with the Disney World logo.

SBETigg
05-03-2007, 07:33 AM
I always buy a christmas ornament with the year on it, i just love decorating the tree and remembering the fun of our trip that year:santa:

Yes! Me, too. It doesn't have to have the year on it, but I love ornaments, especially the soft mini-stuffed ones. I also like mugs, tees, keychains, and pens. I like Tigger things. My daughter goes for the Piglet. My husband prefers Donald Duck. My son likes Pluto. But we all go for the Mouse, too.

Bethis26fan
05-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't usually go in with a set idea of what I'm going to get...I enjoy the hunt for the perfect souvenir (or 10 :thumbsup: ) way too much!

Me too, Although this year I know I'm coming home w/ a couple of cans of the Christmas coffee. Man that stuff was good.

merlinmagic4
05-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Me too, Although this year I know I'm coming home w/ a couple of cans of the Christmas coffee. Man that stuff was good.

Christmas coffee is on my November list now!! I'm liking the ideas on this thread :thumbsup:

biodtl
05-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I buy too much of everything, but the constants are christmas ornaments, long sleeved t-shirts (since we go in fall and I want to wear it right away in PA) and a new charm for my charm bracelet.

DNS
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a snowglobe collection, so I always try to find a new one, but most of my money goes for Christmas ornaments. So much so that my very large Disney Christmas tree is packed and I can't bring myself to leave any off. Hubby tries to remind me when I go into the Christmas stores, but I just can't help myself. :santa3:

Hayden's Dad
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
SMUSHED PENNIES!!! I love the thrill of he hunt. We but two or three of the penny books and fill them slap full.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
So much fun reading these! I realized I buy a lot of Mickey ears, too....Leopard, Pink fluffy, Minnie, Sorcerer...:mickey:

glenpreece
05-03-2007, 10:54 PM
A new scrapbook each time and I am also obsessed with the beach towels. We have a closet full of them now. I use my MK and Jessica Rabbit ones for curtains in my room.

Willowwind
05-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Since someone in my family has been in Nov/Dec the past three years I've been able to get the Mickey Hanukkah decorations. :dreidel: DH would kill me if I decorated the house in Disney all of the time so come Hanukkah I can now pull out my Blue and Silver Mickey gear!! This year we'll be there the week of Hanukkah and I'm hoping to find some more goodies to celebrate with. :menorah:

5fromabove
05-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Disney with the year on it (actually, that's my "thing" that I get wherever we go...our honeymoon, family trips, etc...even if it's the White Mountains in NH one state away :) ) I also let the kids pick out a tee shirt or two, to remember the trip by.

Oh, and I also get one of those neat ceramic frames with the characters on it so I can pick a favorite family photo taken on the trip to put in it. :)

prttynpnk
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
New potatohead parts and a pin with some significance to the trip.

psychotekkie
05-04-2007, 05:08 PM
DH wanted a Mickey watch last time and we somehow came home with 4 different watches!!

Plus we get some pins and t-shirts and I love the little bracelet charms, cause unlike the pins (which I am too afraid the backs will come off and they will be lost), I can wear my bracelet all the time! It lets me carry Disney everywhere I go (even if my WDW shirts are in the laundry pile).

disney100%
05-04-2007, 08:13 PM
On our last night in Disney, we always go to the Christmas Shop at DtD and purchase an ornament that represent our favorite moment on the trip. Our last trip was my son's first. He fell in love with Chip and Dale at the character breakfast we went to, which we were exstatic about because we weren't sure if at 14 months he'd be afraid. So we ended up with a Chip and Dale ornament. The great thing is I have 2 Christmas trees - a regular and a Disney. We just love decorating the Disney one because we remember those special moments each ornament represents. Of course, we have so many great memories that we sometimes have to buy 2 or 3 on each trip! :mickey:

The other thing we always buy is a picture frame that we put our favorite photo from the trip in it. I have all the Disney frames we have collected on a book shelf in my living room and we just love to look at them. It keeps us looking forward to the next trip to WDW!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
On our last night in Disney, we always go to the Christmas Shop at DtD and purchase an ornament that represent our favorite moment on the trip. Our last trip was my son's first. He fell in love with Chip and Dale at the character breakfast we went to, which we were exstatic about because we weren't sure if at 14 months he'd be afraid. So we ended up with a Chip and Dale ornament. The great thing is I have 2 Christmas trees - a regular and a Disney. We just love decorating the Disney one because we remember those special moments each ornament represents. Of course, we have so many great memories that we sometimes have to buy 2 or 3 on each trip!!
I love the idea of the ornaments reflecting favorite moments!

disney100%
05-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I love the idea of the ornaments reflecting favorite moments!

What's even better is that we usually go to WDW during February, so it really gets us more excited (if that's possible) a couple months before we go. Plus, we are looking forward to when our kids can talk (DS is only 2 and DD is only 9 months right now) and start to remember their own special moments from WDW.

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Lots of pins, a t-shirt or 2, maybe a cap, a scrapbook, and some Christmas ornaments!:mickey:

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Tshirts, pins, a scrapbook, mug and Christmas ornaments. Also, we buy a few bags of the Mickey pretzels. I open one every now and then and we enjoy a bit of magic at lunch!:mickey:

DizNee143
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
i always try to find at least one nice piece of clothing..usually a sweatshirt!! and then i go for anything else that catches my eye!!! :mickey:

Figgyluv03
05-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Pins, frames, and christmas decorations. I'm saving decorations from when I move out. I have mostly all Disney and Muppets.

Disneytrotters
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I always make sure that we get new Fridge magnets when we go. That is how my grand-newphews have learned their Disney friends!!!:laughing: Scrapbooking stuff is always at the top of my list also. We usually pick up some pins (especially for special events), and one or two tee-shirts. Since I refuse to drink my morning coffee out of anything Non-Disney :blush: I have quite a collection of Disney mugs. In fact, they are literally falling out of our cupboards!!:coffee:

Unfortunately, we also seem to enjoy buying backpacks and tote bags from WDW. Last trip, I found a great bag on our last day that I was intending to use as a carry on for all of the stuff that wouldn't fit in the luggage. Being in a buying frenzy, I mistakenly had that bag shipped home with several other purchases and had to buy yet another tote later in the day!!:doh: Oh well, now I have a brand new bag to use for our September trip!! Yay!!!

Oh, we also collect all of the pressed pennies!

Belle--86
05-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Tee-shirts ,pins(lots of pins) and of course I come home with a scrapebook every year to record our memories.:)

mickeys_princess_mom
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Tshirts, pins, a scrapbook, mug and Christmas ornaments. Also, we buy a few bags of the Mickey pretzels. I open one every now and then and we enjoy a bit of magic at lunch!:mickey:

We've done the same with the little Mickey shortbread cookies--brighten up a nonmagical day sometimes (have a special tea....), and they taste good for a long time after we get back!

Pipalotta
05-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Just in general when I go on vacation I look for coffee mugs with my name on them.

When in Disney I look for anything Irish, Alice in wonderland and Tinkerbell. My mom loves Cinderella and Woodie from Toystory and a little bit of Sleeping Beauty.

Our next trip I already know I want the little doll of the Irish girl from Its A Small World, and my mom has said she wants some coffee mugs since we have one really nice big Mickey one, and she wants something other than Mickey.

AliceinDisney
05-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I generally bring home a doll since its a tradition that ever since my first trip to Disney, my mom bought me a Snow White collectors doll from Effanbee. So each year I get a new one, I'm on an Alice in Wonderland kick as shes my favourite so I intend to get an Engel Puppen version of my favourite girl on my next trip :) at Germany I saw the cute little Alice dresses.

kaerbear178
05-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I like the stuffed characters at the different countries in Epcot. I've started with the ones from my heritage and eventually want them all. We'll see how many we come home with in Dec. I also have a few pins and want to start collecting more. I also am planning on getting some Christmas decorations this trip. I don't know how I am going to get all this back here!

Kate In Wonderland
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I collect anything Pluto, so I normally come home with at least a Pluto beanie or two or anything else I may come across! I also always seem to end up with at least one item of clothing (hats, tees, sweatshirt, etc).

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
i used to be a stuffed animal collector, but my DH told me i had to quit, since i already have like 30 animals i won't part with... :) and they can get expensive... another must have is POTATO HEAD!!! who cares about the acture head though... new parts every year?? who could resist... i claim they are for my nieces and nephews... shhh no one tell him i play with it when he is at work... My DH and i though have decided a new mug every time now per person is a brilliant idea.. and one <$15 item from each park. This year was a giraffe from AK, Sorcerer Mickey knick-knack from MGM, shotglass from Epcot, and Wishes cd from MK... i think i need to put it in the player now to hold me over till next year.... :)

CandleontheWater
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm addicted to pins, so I always come home with at least one (some times many more- don't tell DH :secret: ). I try to keep souveniers to a minimun so that our trips don't get too pricey. I have a much easier time convincing DH to go again and again if I can rationalize that we don't spend too much once we get there!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-12-2007, 09:06 AM
I like the stuffed characters at the different countries in Epcot. I've started with the ones from my heritage and eventually want them all. We'll see how many we come home with in Dec. I also have a few pins and want to start collecting more. I also am planning on getting some Christmas decorations this trip. I don't know how I am going to get all this back here!
You could do like we have...Bring an empty suitcase, or one time when we were desperate--mail your clothes back home!:thumbsup: :blush:

AdventurerKim
05-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I always look for a souvenir mug with the season and date/year on it, although a Spring Break 07 mug was not to be found last month. I also always look for new antenna toppers to collect. :mickey:

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I find that, of course, DD comes home with the most stuff, but she got tons of pins last time (I tell her that we're sharing them LOL) and pressed pennies. I treated myself to a sweatshirt.

I like collecting shot glasses from everywhere, so I got a couple of those.

Haven't started my wish list for Sept, although DD wants a stuffed POTC Goofy, to be friends with her POTC Pluto from Jan. A dated Christmas ornament, for sure, I forgot to get one in jan. Good thing we'll be going back the same year LOL

DisneyPrincess01
05-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I always come back with pens and pencils (I use them daily and daydream that I am back at Disney), a tee shirt, picture frame, and atleast one stuffed animal!!!

wilshade
05-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I get a sweatshirt right off the bat and throughout the rest of my vacation I look for the craziest t-shirt I can find.

artyboy
05-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Christmas ornaments...

A nice "resort" shirt (last trip I got a really cool silk shirt with an embroidered Mickey leaning against a Tiki Statue)...

A bunch of bath stuff from Basin...

Going back in 16 days...WOO HOO!!!

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I am always looking for a new shirt when we go, plus pins for my collection and a new magnet for the fridge. This year is our first stay at the WL so I'm thinking a WL shirt, pin, and magnet will follow me home...

The girls usually bring home a stuffed animal, a toy of their choosing, and a shirt. DH doesn't particularly care for shopping so he lets me do it all. :)

TikiG

disneydaisy
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
I also buy Christmas ornaments. I have a special "travel tree" that has ornaments from places that I have visited for the past 30 years. I love to look at it and remember some great vacations. My DD7 also loves to ask me questions about the different ornaments and the places they represent. She has also started helping me pick out the ornaments whenever we go somewhere to put on our tree.