PDA

View Full Version : How long do you stay at Ohana's for dinner?

karenrarintogo
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
We have 6:30 PM ADR's at Ohana's. How long do you typically wait to be seated and how long are you there for dinner? We've never eaten there and hope to have a great time. (I'm trying to determine if it would be worth planning to go back to Epcot afterwards as they have EMH's that evening--so they would close at 10 PM, I'm assuming.):confused: :confused:

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2007, 10:28 PM
It really can depend on when you are going. We waited over an hour (with an ADR) last May, but only waited about 30 minutes this Feb. If your ADR is at 6:30 I would bet on being seated between 7:00 and 7:30. Our meals at Ohana always take over an hour. By the time you are seated, get drinks, the food starts coming, your kids participate in the activities and you pay your bill the time can really fly by without you noticing it. Then even with the monorail plan on an hour to get back to the park because you just never know how transportation will be. You might be able to make it back to Epcot by around 9. If Epcot closes at 9PM, which is usual closing time, and has EMHs for that night it will be open until 12! That gives you plenty of time to get back to ride a few rides. Have fun at Ohana's, it is our favorite!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
When we went this past December we waited about 15 minutes with a 7:00 pm ADR. After we got seated we spent about 2 hrs in there, between all the wonderful food, watching the kids and just relaxing. I agree though with the EM hrs at Epcot you should have time to enjoy the park.

Little side note: In December we noticed Disney had started a new policy of having people go to a check in spot to receive wrist bands for the EM hours. I never heard of them doing that before so I don't know how long that's been in action. But during the day starting around 2 hours before the park closes to regular guest you can go to these "check points", you show them your room key and they'll slap a wrist band on you. The CM's check to see that you have these before you can get on any of the rides or roam the park.

glenpreece
05-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Ok well here's a question we have an ADR for 8:25pm. Would you think we'd get seated in time for Wishes?

karenrarintogo
05-01-2007, 11:03 PM
We are going in Sept., so Future World appears to close at 7 pm. So Epcot will close at 10 PM, correct? I figure that World Showcase closes at 9 pm after Illuminations.
Is this true?

We are eating at Ohana's when the Magic Kingdom closes at 7 PM for the Halloween Party.
I am thinking that Epcot will be extra busy, therefore.

We will probably call it a night after eating at Ohana's as this is our arrival day and we'll have arrired :plane: at the airport at 4:30 am for our 6 am flight to start our trip. :cloud9:

ImagiAsh
05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Last time I ate at Ohana's we were seated within 15 minutes of our reservation time. I recall staying about an hour and 15 minutes or so...but, then again, this was a leisurely night for us, so I'm sure we could have shaved 20 minutes (if not more) off of that time frame. :mickey:

karenrarintogo
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Follow up:

Now I'm really confused. I checked and some attractions in World Showcase are open, such as the Mexico and Norway rides and the American Adventure. Will these be open until midnight then? And how about Future World--if FW typically closes at 7 pm, will it only be open until 10 for EMH?:confused: :confused: :confused:

DVC2004
05-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Ok well here's a question we have an ADR for 8:25pm. Would you think we'd get seated in time for Wishes?

You should be fine. Show up around 8 though.

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Follow up:

Now I'm really confused. I checked and some attractions in World Showcase are open, such as the Mexico and Norway rides and the American Adventure. Will these be open until midnight then? And how about Future World--if FW typically closes at 7 pm, will it only be open until 10 for EMH?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Future world and World Showcase do have different times, but "Epcot" officially closes at 9PM just about every night (I can't remember a night that it didn't close at 9). In the past only a few things in future world closed at 7, most of the rides will still be open and for an EMH night the entire park, minus a few rides and restaurants will be open until 12. On our last trip we rode several rides in Future World until midnight. I think if you want to go you should have plenty to do during EMH. I'm just not sure if it is worth using a whole day of your pass for just a few hours at Epcot. If it were me, I'd call it a night and save my passes for whole days in the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2007, 09:15 AM

You shouldn't have a hard time getting seated in time for Wishes, unless the place is super busy like it was for us last May. However, I wouldn't count on a table by the window. Keep in mind that this is just 30 minutes prior to wishes, assuming that wishes is at 9pm. Most guests who have a window seat asked for that seat with the intentions of viewing Wishes from Ohana. They will most likely take their time so that they can keep their great seat for Wishes. We had a window seat at Ohana in Feb. and we took our time eating and let the kids participate in all the activities so that we would still be at our table when Wishes started. I did notice that about 30 minutes before and during Wishes no one was leaving from the section we were seated in. I pretty much figured they were all doing what we were doing. Haveing a very leisurely meal and ending it with a viewing of Wishes. Also keep in mind that if you are requesting a table by the window your wait time may be increased due to it being a very popular request, especially around the time Wishes will be going on. Good luck!

karenrarintogo
05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Future world and World Showcase do have different times, but "Epcot" officially closes at 9PM just about every night (I can't remember a night that it didn't close at 9). In the past only a few things in future world closed at 7, most of the rides will still be open and for an EMH night the entire park, minus a few rides and restaurants will be open until 12. On our last trip we rode several rides in Future World until midnight. I think if you want to go you should have plenty to do during EMH. I'm just not sure if it is worth using a whole day of your pass for just a few hours at Epcot. If it were me, I'd call it a night and save my passes for whole days in the parks.

Thanks for the info...we plan to arrive at MCO at 11:30 am and get to the parks by 2 PM. We're getting 5 day parkhoppers and by the time you get to the 5 day mark and higher, the passes cost very little extra, so we'll go ahead and use them. Not sure if we'll hit Epcot or not, but thanks for clarifying the Epcot EMH times. :mickey: :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info...we plan to arrive at MCO at 11:30 am and get to the parks by 2 PM. We're getting 5 day parkhoppers and by the time you get to the 5 day mark and higher, the passes cost very little extra, so we'll go ahead and use them. Not sure if we'll hit Epcot or not, but thanks for clarifying the Epcot EMH times. :mickey: :mickey:

If you will already be using a pass that day then no big deal. I thought you weren't going to go to the parks at all until after your dinner. Even at the low cost of days once you get passed a 5 day hopper, I wouldn't waste it for just a few hours of EMH. Have a great trip!!

Jeff T
05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Our family really enjoys Ohana's, but most of our dining experiences have been long and leisurely evenings. We've typically had to wait 30 - 60 minutes beyond our ADR time, which means a drink or two at the bar - and chasing the kids around the lobby. Once seated they really rush you along through all the courses. To slow things down, we let the kids participate in the hula, limbo, and cocanut chasing activities. Most visits to Ohana's are two hours or longer, but worth it.:marg:

princessjojo
05-04-2007, 09:23 AM
We had 8:30 ADR last June, and with both boys and our dinner and just enjoying dinner at a casual, leisurely pace, we were able to easily see Wishes. Be sure to try to request a table near the window. Our waitress acutally told us that if we wanted to see the Wishes show, to just hang around and keep eating, then have dessert with wishes. It worked great!!!