PDA

View Full Version : Tike's Peak at Blizzard Beach?

TexasPrincessAurora
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Does anyone have any info or feedback on Tike's Peak at Blizzard Beach? It looks like it would be a great place to take a little one, but I wondered about anyone's personal experiences.

Maleficent's Dad
05-03-2007, 09:26 AM
We logged a lot of hours there when the kids were a bit younger.

There's a large area with shallow water. They have water cannons to play with.

There are several slides - both those with and without tubes - which are very kid friendly. Up at the top of the area, you'll find one or two smaller slides for very young kids.

There are lots of seats in the area, and they're snatched up early by parents arriving at park opening. So if you want an overhead covering or a chair there, get in early!

It's a blast for the kids because they feel like they're on "grown-up" rides and in reality, the slides are perfectly designed for the younger kids! :thumbsup:

Michigander
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
We've been to this park several time's, but this year was the first time we had a little one with us and we picked to sit at Tike's peak. To tell you the truth I would choose to go here with out small children too. It was perfect, and suprisingly quiet (no crying or yelling at all) The area was wonderful the slids were just right for our little one. Hope you enjoy! :mickey:

psychotekkie
05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Awesome for little ones. We went with DS2 last summer and he absolutely loved Tikes Peak. We had to literally drag him away (but we had to catch him first)!

By comparison, Typhoon Lagoon also had a kiddie area but the bases of the little water slides were made of really abbrasive cork material that scraped up my son's back, side, and backside within minutes!

Blizzard Beach had a nice soft rubbery material that was smooth for their little landings! What a relief!

If your child is still under 40" and you have a choice between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, definitely pick Blizzard Beach.

Have a great vacation!