PDA

View Full Version : Pirates month in VMK

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Taken from VMK Newsletter page under Pirates 101. I'll miss Fantasy month, but Pirate month should be a lot of fun! I'll see you in the game Matey!

Ahoy mateys! Ye comes seeking adventure and salty old pirates, aye? Then you've come to the proper place – it's Pirates month in VMK!

Talk like a Pirate

Not only do pirates have a mind of their own, they have their own language too! Now you can tell your own pirate tales (in pirate speak, of course) with this handy guide!

Arrgh!: An exclamation of disappointment or anger. Ex: "Arrgh! You dropped that cannonball on me little pinky toe!

Avast, Ahoy: Used as a greeting, how pirates say hello. Ex: "Avast matey! Have you seen the peg leg I lost in Tortuga?"

Shiver me timbers!: Surprise or astonishment. (Shivers were what pirates called small splinters of wood &ndash' so if a ship was being blown apart, a pirate captain might yell something like, "Shiver me timbers! He's got us cornered!") Ex: "Shiver me timbers! All the treasure be gone like the wind!"

Mate, Matey: Pirate for pal or friend. Ex: "Ahoy, matey! Charlie found the compass in the apple barrel! Now we can plot a course home!"

Pieces of Eight: These Spanish silver coins were used as currency by pirates. They got the name 'Pieces of Eight' because occasionally pirates would take one of these coins and divide or cut into eight smaller pieces. Ex: "I traded a pig for these shiny Pieces of Eight."

The Jolly Roger

The flag of Captain Jack Rackham – flown during the golden age of piracy.

When a pirate's path crosses another ship it's time to raise the black flag – the skull and crossbones that is – the flag signals the pirate's intent to board a ship. It's meant to strike fear in the hearts of weak and weary sailors and some ships will surrender at the very sight of it!

Chescat
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Also remember:

Arg ye Matey!

Where are those Bilge Rats?

And believe it or not, we can sing most of the YoHo YoHo in vmk!

Blackwater_Pirate
05-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Even if you do not know, or do know, yes. There will be a girl pirate costume. It looks very cool, stylish for girl pirates, and HOST_Lilly didnt say anything about when it might come out.

:thumbsup:

varcity
05-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Picture of the girls pirate outfit in the may calandar picture. Not much else by way of hints for stuff to come out. saw the new host pin. Looks kinda cheap, but its pirates, I want it. :mickey:

Patricia
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok.. that's all lovely.

Arrgh! :pirate:

Now when do we get double credit for pirates? Dark ride track peices?

They've been waving that girl pirate outfit in our faces for quite a few months now.. I suggest they stop the relentless questioning and release it already.

Varcity, did you get a picture of that pin for moi to post?

varcity
05-02-2007, 12:38 PM
sending a pm now :)

Blue Genie
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
No one has to give me that pin I Repeat no one need to give me that pin. I do not want it. Looks like what Varcity said cheep. So please don't get it for me.

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
The boy in the foreground has a pirate outfit that looks like a new one.:thumbsup:
At first glance I thought it was the Sparrow outfit but it is too short to be Sparrow , and lime green pants? I didn't know pirates wore lime green.:confused:
If the girls get an outfit it stands to reason the boys will be as well.:)

varcity
05-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Homepage says something about playing pirates games for vmk loot?

is that reference to in game or the new movie promotion game?

Maybe the new outfits are won in that promotion game like sparrow?

Patricia
05-03-2007, 03:08 PM
If the picture can be any indication, it is the in game version. Maybe they mean the treasure chests. At one time Yavn said something about changing the loot in there.

Jake and what’s her name (Haley?) are referring to new pirate costumes being released now.

:pirate:

Chescat
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Can any of you pirates out there verify the rumor going around that the credits in pirates bumped up today. Instead of 100 for the win, they are getting 200? Nothing has changed in the treasures so far. I guess yesterday some people were getting less credits.

Enquiring minds would like to know. :blush:

Patricia
05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
There was an issue yesterday morning with the credit system not giving credit for hits. You would only get credit by sinking the ship. Then it was giving double credits for losing.. then it went back to normal.

I'll try to get in there, get a win to see what's up today.

Patricia
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah.. credits are doubled. I just got 450 for a game of flag that I didn't play well, but we won.

Look at the high scores.

Patricia
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
The boy in the foreground has a pirate outfit that looks like a new one.:thumbsup:
At first glance I thought it was the Sparrow outfit but it is too short to be Sparrow :)

It would seem that when worn without the pants the Sparrow jacket becomes short. So, nothing new there.

varcity
05-03-2007, 05:46 PM
(need to stop the patti posting!!! :mickey: )

Yesterday morning I got 200 for something but can't remember what. I didn't get double credits for my win though.

Patricia
05-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Thx for the interruption Varcity, I was getting tired. :blush:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2007, 12:39 AM
I LOVE IT! Give me it, give me! :D

varcity
05-04-2007, 02:48 AM
two little birdies *cough*haley and jake*cough* hinted at the old pirate quest hat with eye patch as a pirates chest prize

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I sense with my mind powers that the pirate hat will be dropping in value now.. Hmmm.. Hmmm.. (my mind chant) :P

Chescat
05-04-2007, 06:19 PM
As far as I saw today, the credit for pirates was back to normal at least for the battle game. Can anybody confirm for the flag game.

I'm wondering if they are doing like they did with mansion and fireworks where its only on Tuesdays and Thursdays? :confused:

Patricia
05-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm sure it won't be daily for double credits.. I'm betting Tuesday and Thursday again.

Flag was scoring normal today.

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-04-2007, 07:01 PM
It would seem that when worn without the pants the Sparrow jacket becomes short. So, nothing new there.

Oops my mistake:blush:

Hmmm .. maybe I should get the Sparrow outfit. :cool:

Randypandy
05-05-2007, 03:52 AM
just thought of something .....could they releasing a piece of the pirate costume every week? just a guess here.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
That's what they probably would do. Last time they released the Alice all in one time, but for the Green Space Suit they released a part of it one weekend at a time :thumbsup: Let's just hope it's not part of a quest or Pirate prize or something :hide:

Chescat
05-07-2007, 09:07 PM
We had a discussion last night about one of the answers to the Pirate Quest. I had been told by VMK Cast members that there is a horse in the pirates of the carribean and that was one of the answers. We scratched our heads and tried to figure out where it was.

I'm not sure if this is true and have to look at my videos, by people are saying its in the scene with the Redhead (Brides for sale). Tomorrow (Dave) remembered there being a small horse somewhere. (He though in a boat, hmm). Not sure about that one. :blush:

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure if this is true and have to look at my videos, by people are saying its in the scene with the Redhead (Brides for sale). Tomorrow (Dave) remembered there being a small horse somewhere. (He though in a boat, hmm). Not sure about that one. :blush:

:rotfl:
No No ... What we have here is a case of the VMK dictionary causing a misunderstanding... well actually 2 misunderstandings..

When I said I remembered it in a boat , I was under the impression you were talking about the movie not the ride. I don't remember a horse on the ride, especially one in a boat. lol
Secondly when I said Small Horse that was my attempt at saying donkey. There is a donkey in a couple of scenes... but I don't remember a horse. :thumbsup:

Chescat
05-08-2007, 02:47 AM
It is just me that hadn't seen the fine print about the pirates game? I do think they are wrong, when we played last week, both sides got double points and double points for hits. :look:

Under Event Info:

Pirate Fun Days
Every Thursday
Arrg! We know how much you scallywags love VMK's Pirate of the Caribbean game - so we decide to give you a special treat! This month only, if you play either Pirate of the Caribbean game (Capture the Flag or Ship Battle) and are on the winning team - your winning game credits (not your individual score) will be doubled! Play every Thursday and good luck matey!

Also:

Pirates Quest
May 25-27th

Celebrate Pirate Month in-game with a Pirate Quest fit for any Captain! Aye, thar be trivia from both Pirates of the Carribean movies plus additional pirate trivia. Think you know a parrot from a peg-leg? Arrgh, then test yer wits - and for your efforts, thar be a fine prize given to the ones that complete the Quest!

Patricia
05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I remembered a donkey and Zack told me he was in a window.. so, I went looking for him. Zack was correct.

I was hoping double credits would be Tuesday and Thursdays again.

Chescat
05-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Okay, solved the mystery of the horse. At least I think I have. This was a screen cap off my video of the old pirates (not great quality), prior to Sparrow update. This picture is just as you start in the room, where the pirates are chasing the women. (And where Jack now pops out of the barrel).

Horse Found in Original Pirates (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/HorseInPirates.jpg)

BUT!

In my video that I took when I rode with Varcity (when Sparrow update was complete), the horse, pirate and goat were all gone. Stall is still there, but they were replaced by a pirate on a turntable chasing somebody. So technically VMK is wrong on this one! BTW, the second donkey is just past Jack in the dress maker shop. He's with the pirates yelling, where's the Redhead! He had the two packs on his back.

I just wrote Contact Us about my findings, this needs to be corrected. Nobody in my line the other day saw the horse!

Patricia
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks cat.