PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a back pack dry

PNWmom
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I just picked up some Hefty Big Bags (11 gal). The bags are more than big enough to hold a back pack on the water rides. I'm going to keep one folded up in our back pack for our up coming trip. They are on sale at Target this week.

DisneyorBust
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
You can also try the new large sized "Zip Lock" bags. They look like they would be great for backpaks, camcorders etc.

PNWmom
05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I should have been more specific they are ziplock bags.

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Trash bag or big ziploc bags.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-02-2007, 01:02 AM
another thing that you can get it cost like $10 for a bottle is they have this water repellient spray that you can spray on bags. You can get it at most outdoor stores such as camping or hiking places.

2Epcot
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I took two back packs with me on my last trip. I had a standard small hiking pack, and I also had a medium water proof pack. The hefty, or ziplock bag sounds like a good cheaper alternative.

CM~Mserrano
05-02-2007, 09:18 PM
If it is for water rides, then a bag would probably be the best bet, unless there is a member of your party sitting out, in which case they could hold on to the bag, however on most water rides at Disney, there is little chance the bag will get wet except on Kali River Rapids, and on that attraction, there is a place to put the bag. If it's about the rain, then usually a poncho can cover both you and the backpack, which normally works well.

Catwillow
05-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, I don't know the last few times I have ridden Splash Mountain I've gotten pretty wet...and fortunately I carry a folded up gallon size ziploc that held my waistpack and camera. I do like the idea of the large hefty ziploc 11gal whatevers and will suggest that to my girlfriend when she comes.....

CM~Mserrano :hi: -- I live in Melbourne too!!!!!:hi:

CM~Mserrano
05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Yay for Melbourne, haha... While there isn't too much to do here, at least we're fairly close to the magic!