PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten???

grego77
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I had to change dining reservations for my free dining trip Sept 6-11 because I added another person to my party, and of course, Le Cellier was booked for dinner every nite.

I added a reservation for the last day LUNCH at Le Cellier, and chose Biergarten for dinner the first nite (what WAS Le Cellier dinner). I chose it because the food selection seemed widespread, and I love adding a "buffet" type meal to our heavily loaded sit-down meals (Chefs De France, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, 'Ohana, 50s PTC etc...)

I have walked past it and have always seen crowds. I don't hear much being said about it here at Intercot though. Any thoughts? Food to avoid? Food to get PLENTY of? How's the atmosphere there?

Thanks!!! :mickey:

jacknsally02
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I remember that all the food was good, the show was really a lot of fun and the people there actually were some of the nicest I've encountered in disney.They made you feel really welcome. I also really liked dessert, I think german baking is the best.

January-2007
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
We love the Biergarten, it's a must do for my family. My parents told me on their last trip they actually ate there twice! DH loved the sausages, I love all the salads, everything is very good. The show is a lot of fun, and the atmosphere can't be beat. When it's really hot outside it's even better, because all of a sudden it's dusk and you've been transported to a village far away. That's neat when it's the middle of the day! Try to sample a little of everything, there are a lot of yummy things offered. Our waiter was great. DH still chuckles about him because when we got our drinks, instead of saying "you can partake in the buffet now" or something of that sort, our waiter said, "you can go to the buffet already" just because of the whole translation thing. Like, why are you still sitting there, go get something to eat! I don't know, maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" stories... but at any rate, we love this place and hope you do to! :thumbsup:

kathiep
05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
The food was good - lots of variety to choose from.

We love the atmosphere. The music and entertainment is great and the people are extremely friendly.

Your whole family will love it.

grego77
05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
thanks for the info! I am very excited to go now!!! :mickey:

minnie1956
05-02-2007, 10:59 PM
This is a must do everytime for us.
Take a little of everything so you can try it all.
I was lucky and got to be there for my "signficant birthday" in December.
I got a card, a gingerbread, and lot's of yummy,yummy food!

Spaceship Tigger
05-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Biergarten is the only restaurant in WDW that we have to eat at each time we go. Sure, the food may be better overall at some other places, but the combination of the entertainment, atmosphere, food, and :beer: keeps us coming back. And it's always fun to talk to the people at the table around you each time.

mdricks
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
It is truly a unique experience. With the possible exception of Mexico, this is the restaurant that most "transports" you to the country of origin. Big tables shared with neighbors, live music, large beers (yum):beer: and authentic food. You might go to other places (Bistro or LeCellier) for the food, but you will go here for the experience.

:number1:

disney100%
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
My family tried Beirgarten for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. There were 6 adults and a 14 month old, so we ended up having a table to ourselves. My son (the 14 month old) loved the music and the food (as did all of us). My DH and brother were very impressed with the size of the beers too! We would definitely make a return trip to Beirgarten, as others have mentioned the service was wonderful. Our server was so good to my son - and he loved every minute of it!

DisneyGiant
05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
This is good news to hear!

I haven't been to the Biergarten since before it turned buffet - I was a little bit worried if the family would enjoy it.

But now after reading all these positive reviews - I can't wait!!!!!! :beer:

47 days to paradise!!!!! :joy:

kathymk616
05-06-2007, 09:12 AM
While German food isn't my favorite, I really like Biergarten for all the reasons mentioned above. And they were really accommodating for me as a vegetarian. The buffet was large, and I asked a server if he could just quickly point out to me which foods were meatless. Well, he gave me a personal "tour" of the buffet and really took my time. Then, about 20 minutes later when I was seated at our table. The chef came out and personally delivered to me a plateful of delicious vegetable dumplings. What a nice surprise that was! They really went out of their way to make sure my meal was great.

CandleontheWater
05-06-2007, 09:13 AM
I also was a little hesitant when I made ADRs for my trip last thanksgiving, however we all loved it. I come from a family of real food snobs so I was worried about how they would react to a buffet, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. I liked trying all sorts of different foods I ordinarily wouldn't and the variety and quality of food was very good. They kept things replenshed and fresh which is always one of my big buffet concerns. The entertainment was also really nice. This may not have been THE BEST meal I've ever had on property, but my family and I did really enjoy it and we will return in the future.

mmwonka
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
We went there for the first time last Oct. and have made this a must do for all future trips. I was very nervous about going here because we had my 2 DS (7 and 8 ), my friend's DS (3 and 8) and my DF who is a very picky eater. I was afraid they wouldn't enjoy it at all. It was one of the few things my DH insisted on doing so we tried it and all of us loved it! It's not my favorite food but the atmosphere alone is worth going. We had a wonderful time.

Scar
05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Eins, zwei, Drei, g'suffa!
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,

Prosit