PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been turned away from...

January-2007
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Trails End? For lunch? We went there twice for lunch in January and got in without an ADR no problem, but I am all of a sudden concerned because we'll be there at the end of this month and it's a busier time, it being around Memorial Day and all. I called this morning to see about getting into Chef Mickey's for breakfast sometime, anytime during our 8 night stay and they had nothing available. At. All. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, and I am glad I already made an ADR for Cape May's breakfast and such, but Trails End? The day we go there really just depends on the weather, and how we're feeling. I don't know what day we will go there so I can't really make an ADR unless I make one for every day, which seems like overkill to me. So tell me, have you ever been turned away from Trails End, told there were no seats available?

Jasper
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you will probably be ok without an ADR. However, we almost never go during busy times so I don't have experience at those times at this place. But with the way they turn over tables and the way it is run I would think you would get in. You may wait longer than normal but it gives you a chance to rest your tired dogs!

King Triton
05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I can't imagine Trails End so busy at lunch that you can't get in. Most people will be at the parks then anyway.

January-2007
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Okay, that's very reassuring. Now, what about breakfast? Last trip we were going to go one morning, but just didn't get out the door soon enough, we were doing laundry I think. If we tried to go to breakfast around 10 do you think it will be hard to get in? We've only been to Fort Wilderness in the afternoon so we're not too sure how many people go to Trails End for breakfast. I would think it would be busier there earlier though, so people could head off to the parks and start their day. So do you think if we did a late breakfast we'd be ok?

King Triton
05-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I think breakfast will be a little more difficult, but you're going later, so I think you'll be OK. There'll be plenty of people there at breakfast, but I would think most people are going to one of the parks, so I would think they'd be getting out of there by 10. If you could narrow your schedule down a little more, it wouldn't hurt to make an ADR.

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Each and every time we have gone to trails end at lunch we have gone right in. We have never had PS for lunch here. I say wait until you get there and you will be able to see how it is during the day and try it then.

SgtTigger
05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I think you wont have a problem as long as you are not at a bust time of the year.... we went around thanksgiving and it was packed and of course Thanksgiving Day. This was before you could make PS... I have never needed them any other time.....

:cop: :tigger:

January-2007
05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, I broke down and made a few more ADRs for our trip just to make sure we'd get in somewhere, and I made two for dinners at Trails End. One is before the campfire movie and one before an Evening Extra Magic Hour at the Magic Kingdom. We'll still probably try to get in for lunch and breakfast some time or another during our trip, but at least now we know we'll definately be able to eat there and it will work with our schedule. I'm so excited to be there already! We just love Fort Wilderness!