PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Studios?

Imagineer1981
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Another rumor I heard from my mananger friend at WDW is that MGM, which is now refered to by CMs as Disney Studios or just Studios, will most likely be renamed Pixar Studios, to time with the opening of the new Toy Story attraction. I personally like this idea, but it will always be MGM to me!

Strmchsr
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
That's another one of those rumors that's been circulating for several months and has been discussed "ad nauseam" in our rumors thread. Personally, I think that would be a better fit. Other than GMR MGM has very little to do with Disney. Disney would be better off promoting its own brand. Due to some copyright issues Disney already only says "Disney Studios" in most of its publications so it wouldn't change much.

tink'72
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I just got back from WDW and a cast member at MGM told me they are renaming Mickey Avenue to Pixar Lane to coincide with the opening of the new Toy Story ride. :unsure:

bleukarma
05-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I wonder if that would mean any changes to the Great Movie Ride?

Vanlandingham
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I would prefer that they just leave it as the Disney Studios quite frankly. I always liked having the MGM moniker as part of the name, but as I understand it Disney and MGM couldn't come to an agreement to renew the rights. Either way Disney Studios is just fine. Pixar Studios might imply to first time visitors that it's a park devoted entirely to Pixar movies.