PDA

View Full Version : crowds in May

kwaller
05-01-2007, 01:40 PM
We will be arriving May 19, any idea how the crowds will be at that time.:mickey:

DDuck66
05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I am also going to be there on May 19th. We often go around that time to coincide with our anniversary. Usually the crowds are not bad during the week but as you get to the weekend it is usually quite hectic especially at the MK. Make sure that you take advantage of the fast pass and any EMH's if you are staying on property. In my opinion it is one of the nicer times to go. It is usally not that hot yet. Have fun!!!

kwaller
05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
We have been going since I was 2 yrs old, 1971 the year it opened. We normally go in the fall. The only time we've been in May I was 12 and I guess I was too young to care about crowds. Hopefully the weather will be nice. We will be leaving the following Saturday so maybe the crowds won't be too bad. We try to get fast passes on anything that offers them. We are staying at the Contemporary and my sister has our itenirary planned out. She's great at it. Thanks for the input,hope you have a great time too.

Lynn J Mc
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
bump

Chase'sPoohBear
05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I was at WDW April 30-May 5. The first part of the week the crowds were ok, but by Thursday the crowds were high in MK. I noticed tons of school groups at all the parks throughout the week. Friday, the crowds were high in both the AK and in Epcot. Last year, I was in WDW in early May, and the crowds were perfect. I think that Disney's current "Dreams" promotion is bringing in record crowds. My advice would be to get to the parks when they open, and use fast passes. By the way, I'm new to posting. I've been a huge fan of Intercot for years.

kadesha
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
even though this is not my thread, i wanted to thank you guys for the responses. We will be arriving May 19 also.

Dakota Rose
05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
We have 2 sets of neighbors going down May 26-June 5. What will it be like that week?

mouseketeer mom
05-07-2007, 06:25 AM
We were there last May, the 12th thru 18th...of all the times we went to Disney, this was my favorite time of year to go. Low humidity, lots of sun, little rain, and lower crowds then we experienced in September over the past 2 years. Enjoy yourself! Epcot is especially beautiful now too! The flowers and gardens with the festival are amazing. Soak it up!!

Toughbug
05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
:mickey:

That is good to hear since we will also be arriving on May 18. Staying until the 25th. The anticipation is making me crazy.

kid@heartforever
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
We will be there from May 25 - June 8. This is when we usually go every year, and it's not so bad. Just by all means do not go to MK on Memorial Day!!!! We did that one time. Too many people and not enough magic to go around!!! It was the only time I could not wait to get out of there.:bolt:

Tygger7
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
We went last year, the week before Memorial Day weekend, and it was fantastic. The only park that was even close to being crowded was MGM during Star Wars Weekends, and even that was still better than going in June/July. Just steer clear of Memorial Day weekend (Fri-Mon)...it's a mad-house then. May has become our favorite time of year to go now, and we're heading back on May 11, 2008. Counting the days...can't wait!!:lei:

DisneyWhirled
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
We are arriving on May 19th as well!

Thanks for the great info!!

Vanlandingham
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
We'll be arriving on May 21st I believe. The only other time we went in May was two years ago and we absolutely loved it. The crowds were more than manageable and the weather was quite nice indeed. We would have gone back in May last year but we couldn't coordinate all of our schedules right.

mommamomma
05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm glad I found this webpage. We're going for the first time and get there on May 29. Someone told me that there's a gay event going on then but I can't find info on it at Disney's page. Can someone clue me in on this and how it affects crowds?

kadesha
05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
it wouldn't be on the official disney site because they do not sponsor it. I had to google "gay days 2007" to get the specific dates and when it would be going on at which park. It won't affect you if you don't go to the designated park that day.

kwaller
05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the responses, sounds like we picked a great week to go. We will be leaving on Saturday before Memorial Day, maybe Friday won't be too bad. Hope everyone has a great time.

DisneyTeen
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Just got back, It was pretty much empty, only waited in one line (The Seas with Nemo) and never had to use fast pass. I guess we got lucky

bmj721
05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Appreciate everyone's info. We're leaving Tuesday before MD for 6 days. I've never been to WDW in May before and was a little concerned about the weather and the crowds. We had already decided to avoid the parks on the weekend. Hope everyone has a great time.
:mickey:

jaredkari
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Just got back, It was pretty much empty, only waited in one line (The Seas with Nemo) and never had to use fast pass. I guess we got lucky

We are going down next week with the whole family. Mainly going to the beach but we are going to MK for one day (I know only one day:( ) but still one day at WDW is better than a day anywhere else. My wife was talking to someone who was just down there last week and said the same thing. The parks seemed pretty empty. I am kind of getting my hopes up that it will be like that next week too. That would be nice since we only have one day there. It will be fun:mickey:

GenieOfPA
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
mid-may is usually a good time to go to WDW because the summer heat isn't too intense yet and the crowds are usually more tame than later summer months. we will be goin there on may 22.

mermaidmarian
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
As you can see by my signature, we LOVE to go in May - the rates are great, weather is usually awesome, flowershow is gorgeous, and "for the most part" crowds are manageable.

We usually experience fairly heavy crowds on weekends and much lighter volume during the week (since school is still in session), although as school starts to wind down in Florida (they break for Summer much earlier that other parts of the country) you can expect to encounter school fieldtrips. Take the following into account as well - daylight hours are long and although it can be hot it is typically not the tropical sweltering hot so you can do more in a day.

To put it into a context, on Saturday at MK, we had to FP all of the majors and never even attempted to get over to Tomorrowland so missed Buzz and Space altogether. Yesterday (Wed) we did standby status on everything (including Indy, which we NEVER even bother with because of the lines) and didn't encounter anything more than a 15 minute wait. (Exception was Splash - we had FP in hand and planned to ride standby and then FP, but I think they were having some technical difficulties and the ride kept stopping, which bogged the line down, so we bailed on Standby and just did FP 1x)

My advice is don't expect to have the part to yourselves - but with a little planning and some flexibility, you will certainly enjoy WDW to its fullest at this, IMO, best time of year.

Ian
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I can tell you that the crowds were heavier than normal for this time of the year when we were down last week.

They weren't real bad or anything, but definitely a marked increase over past May's that I've been.