PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerfreaks trip report last day

Tinkerfreak
05-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Well we were up early this morning and all packed up so we decided to go to AK one more time before our car picked us up at 11:30. We were hoping that by being there right at opening it would be a little less crowded. No such luck. The line to get in was so long we almost turned around right then but decided to just go with the flow and do what we could. After waiting for the official opening we followed the crowds across the bridge and ducked into the first shop and looked around hoping that once the initial crowd passed it would not be too bad. Well people were just pouring in for the entire two hours we were there. We had a hard time getting to the excite there were so many people coming in. We had looked in all the shops one more time and had checked out EE, we did not ride but looked around the shop at the exit. I got a kick out of the people getting off, they all had that frazzled look and there were a couple of older women who were being helped by there families because they were still dizzy. I was glad I had not attempted it. After walking around a bit we headed back to the AKL to wait for our ride to the airport. I just had to have one more latte for the rode and wanted to take one last look around the resort.
Our car was right there when we went out at 11:30 and it was a quiet ride to the airport. I was close enough to tears and then the driver turned on the radio and they were playing "You'll Be In My Hear" from the Lion King and I was glad to have my sunglasses on so nobody could see my tears. It was a bittersweet end to our trip because DH plans to take another trip in the fall had been squashed by the stress and crowds at AK. Even though we did have some really great moments and did enjoy alot of the trip the heat and the crowds were a bit too much for us and DH said he wants to skip this year and wait until next year to go again. I am hoping that he will change his mind. I'm sure the girls will keep working on him. We did enjoy the trip for just the two of us but we really missed our girls. We kept finding ourselves saying Tabitha would have loved this or Morgan would have loved LeCellier. Then we really felt bad that we had seen those guys from HSM and they were not there to see them.
Alot of people have been worried about the construction at the AKL but it really was a nonissue for us. If I had not read about the construction I would not have even known it was going on. We only heard a bit of hammering when we were out by the pool but again if we hadn't know what it was we would not have given it a thought. So for those of you planning to stay there don't worry about it.

We arrived at MCO and waited for our first flight and arrived at LGA for our 4 hour layover before boarding our flight to Portland. We sat in the sports bar and watched the NASCAR race while I drank a Margarita. It was a long day and we did not arrive home until 11:00 that night. I really like LGA better than Atlanta airport, it is just too big.
Thanks for reading my trip report, I hope I did not sound too winey because we did have some great moments and like many people have said a bad day at the world beats not being at the world.

darko aggie
05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Man!! that is a long trip home. I really enjoyed your reports. Don't you hate having blisters on vacation?!!:(

magicman
05-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Although you picked up some blisters & had to fight the crowds at EPCOT and AK, your tears when leaving say it all...it's just great to be at WDW.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help us feel closer to the magic.

Bethis26fan
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
:mickey: Thanks for sharing your trip reports with us... it sounds like even with the heat and crowds, you guys still had a good time. Give your DH a few weeks and I bet he'll be back on board for this fall... nothing works better than a little post-trip withdrawal, regardless of what happened while you were there!! :D Plus, if your DD's are any like mine, one pouty lip, a sad smile and then "Please, Daddy?" will work wonders... :blush: (No, I'd never coach my girls to do that... ;) )

Glad you're back safe and had such a nice time - thanks again for sharing!

pogo
05-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip and your thoughts with us. I've enjoyed reading them. :D

faline
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your reports!

I hope you manage to get that September trip back on the agenda!

Tinkerfreak
05-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Well guys it didn't even take one pouty lip of please Daddy for DH to allready change his mind about going back. We had this entire conversation at the airport on the way home Sunday about how he thought we shoule wait another year and go back fall of 2008 and I reluctantly agreed. Well imagine my surprise when we were watching American Idol last night and the Dd's were eating their mickey shaped rice krispy treats and DD says "Wow this brings back great memories" . DH then says do you girls want to go back this year or wait until next year? Huh???:jaw: :huh: Did he not just tell me he thought we should wait until next year? Well of course they both said "this year Daddy please". He says ok Mom can call the school tomorrow and double check with them. Then the girls got all excited and started discussing what resort they wanted to stay at etc. DH looked at me and grinned and said "Well I guess I just started the Disney Wagon back up again didn't I". This is one time I am glad he changed his mind without discussing it with me first. So we are thinking about staying at AKL again because we just love it. DH and youngest DD want to stay there and oldest DD and I don't care as long as we get to go.
So now I am getting ready to plan another trip. Oh my gosh I have to make my adr's and book a room and check park hours :dance: .

glenpreece
05-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Awww that's too bad that you didn't get too much done on this trip. But atleast you got to get away from home for a few days.

faline
05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Well guys it didn't even take one pouty lip of please Daddy for DH to allready change his mind about going back.

:thumbsup: Let the planning begin anew!

sleepingbooty
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Awesome! I'm so glad you got your wish to go back this fall:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
I think no matter what it is always sad leaving. That last day is the worst :( . It sounds like you had a great vacation except for the heat and the crowds. Let the girls keep working on him and hopefully you will be going again soon! Thanks so much for the reports, I have enjoyed reading them!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I know you had sore feet, heat issues and big crowds, but it still sounded like the two of you had a great couple trip. So funny that your hubby has already caved about going back so quickly. Didn't seem to take any arm twiting at all. Happy planning and thank you for sharing your trip with us. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a great trip even with a few problems, I'm thrilled that you are going back again, have fun planning:mickey: Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup:

Ten of Hearts
05-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Well we were up early this morning and all packed up so we decided to go to AK one more time before our car picked us up at 11:30. We were hoping that by being there right at opening it would be a little less crowded. No such luck. The line to get in was so long we almost turned around right then but decided to just go with the flow and do what we could. After waiting for the official opening we followed the crowds across the bridge and ducked into the first shop and looked around hoping that once the initial crowd passed it would not be too bad. Well people were just pouring in for the entire two hours we were there. We had a hard time getting to the excite there were so many people coming in. We had looked in all the shops one more time and had checked out EE, we did not ride but looked around the shop at the exit. I got a kick out of the people getting off, they all had that frazzled look and there were a couple of older women who were being helped by there families because they were still dizzy. I was glad I had not attempted it. After walking around a bit we headed back to the AKL to wait for our ride to the airport. I just had to have one more latte for the rode and wanted to take one last look around the resort.
Our car was right there when we went out at 11:30 and it was a quiet ride to the airport. I was close enough to tears and then the driver turned on the radio and they were playing "You'll Be In My Hear" from the Lion King and I was glad to have my sunglasses on so nobody could see my tears. It was a bittersweet end to our trip because DH plans to take another trip in the fall had been squashed by the stress and crowds at AK. Even though we did have some really great moments and did enjoy alot of the trip the heat and the crowds were a bit too much for us and DH said he wants to skip this year and wait until next year to go again. I am hoping that he will change his mind. I'm sure the girls will keep working on him. We did enjoy the trip for just the two of us but we really missed our girls. We kept finding ourselves saying Tabitha would have loved this or Morgan would have loved LeCellier. Then we really felt bad that we had seen those guys from HSM and they were not there to see them.
Alot of people have been worried about the construction at the AKL but it really was a nonissue for us. If I had not read about the construction I would not have even known it was going on. We only heard a bit of hammering when we were out by the pool but again if we hadn't know what it was we would not have given it a thought. So for those of you planning to stay there don't worry about it.

We arrived at MCO and waited for our first flight and arrived at LGA for our 4 hour layover before boarding our flight to Portland. We sat in the sports bar and watched the NASCAR race while I drank a Margarita. It was a long day and we did not arrive home until 11:00 that night. I really like LGA better than Atlanta airport, it is just too big.
Thanks for reading my trip report, I hope I did not sound too winey because we did have some great moments and like many people have said a bad day at the world beats not being at the world.

This is probably one of the busier times of the year for any of the WDW parks. Look at the links on Intercot for crowds and when to go. Please PM me if you'd like any suggestions. I live in Florida and can give you tips about weather as well. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow! You just get back and its time to plan for another trip!! You are so lucky! We are waiting until 2008 and it is killing me!!

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 10:01 AM
What a great beginning to a sad end, you get to go back to Disney!

Thanks for sharing your report!