PDA

View Full Version : Resort Suggestions?

pixiedustct
05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
My family is planning a trip for Jan'08. The trip would include both of my parents, myself (19) and my three friends (20,19, and 17). My parents and I have been to disney a few times, but none of my friends have ever been. Does anyone have any reccomendations about resorts and meals (we would be using the meal plans)

Thanks in Advanced!
:tink:

Strmchsr
05-01-2007, 01:12 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Where you stay really depends upon what you're looking for in a resort. Do you want value/moderate/deluxe? Do you want to try and stay a bunch in one room or your parents in one, then you, then your friends, etc?

To get as many in as possible you might consider the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. Otherwise you're looking at attempting connecting rooms in a resort.

Dining is the same kind of thing. Having no idea what kinds of food you like to eat it's almost impossible to make recommendations. Also, do you all want all of your meals together or some separate? The key with the meals is to know where you want to eat on what day and call at the 180 day mark to make your ADRs. Use the Intercot ADR planner here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp).

Overall, I would suggest reading through the various posts on Info Central. You'll see a lot of things that will answer questions and allow you to be more specific in the questions you want to ask folks on the boards. Everyone is always happy to given an opinion!

Brenle
05-03-2007, 02:27 PM
If I were you, I would choose to stay in a 2 bedroom in one of the DVC resorts. They have a full kitchen, living, dining area and two bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other can be two double beds. Also, the sofa in the living room is a sofa/bed. This will probably be a lot more convenient for your parents.

Septbride2002
05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Depends on how much money your family is wanting to spend. Personally with all those people I would get 2 connecting rooms at the POP. Or there is the 2 bedroom villa option at Old Key West, Boardwalk, or BeachClub.

~Amanda

Wolf
05-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I second POP its a great resort, and extremely good on the pricing. Yall should get 2 rooms and they have lots of rooms that connect somehow (not real sure how that works tho) and POP is soo much fun! The theming is great and its all you really need, a shower, nice beds, close food. It saves lots of money for extra stuff like nicer dinners, more souvies, etc.