PDA

View Full Version : AKL or Hoop de Doo?

rjmdds
05-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I know this is an odd choice, but for one our nights I am debating on whether to do the Hoop De Doo Revue or go check out the AKL and eat at Jiko. Some background info...traveling with me will be my wife, my 5yo Daughter and 2 yo son. It will be HIS first trip. We took my daughter when she was 3 and DID do the Hoop De Doo Revue and loved it. I am considering going to the AKL though because we have never seen it and thought both kids would enjoy it more. I thought maybe hanging out there and checking out the resort and grabbing a good meal at Jiko would make for a nice evening. Based on my plans at this moment I don't have another available night to do both. Any advice?:confused:

ThanxForNoticin
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
That is an interesting question, but I understand the situation where you have one evening and two choices. Both are good choices.

I think I would need to know when you can get into HDDR. I would not recommend one of the 9:30 or 10:00 shows with little ones. It's just too late. An earlier show would be lots of fun.

On the other hand, a few hours at AKL can be lots of fun, too, for the kids. If it's a nice evening, there are many outdoor locations to view the animals at AKL. And if the weather is not good, there are even some indoor spots. Something I was thinking, though, should you decide to go with the AKL plan - with kids, I might be inclined to recommend Boma over Jiko. It's a little less formal and the kids get a chance to get out of their seats and go to the buffet. My kids also just love the main shop at AKL - lots of fun things to see and do there.

Good luck with your decision and have a great time.

Gusgus
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree with the previous poster Jiko is a bit formal and I would suggest Boma. If you want to look around AKL, you can always do that during the day especially if you want to take a mid day break to get out of the sun.

When my children were young (5ish) they would be interested in the animals for a minute or two (sometimes if that) then they wanted to go on to something else. Every child is different, if yours are like mine I would recommend Hoop Dee Doo

Gusgus

pox24
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
The kids will be bored. Go to the early show at Fort Wilderness. :thumbsup:

pogo
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I think the kiddies would be better off at HDDR. I know I would. :D

rjmdds
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the input. It looks like we'll go for the Hoop De Doo Revue!

Nekochan
05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Besides, if you get the early HDD show you can stay for the campfire and movies thingy with chip and dale. I believe it's one of the few things that are no charge. There's also pony rides and I think Hayrides too, so you could really probably spend a WHOLE bunch of time at fort wilderness.