PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues Sunday Brunch

Bubbie Girl
05-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Have any of you attended the House of Blues Sunday Brunch in Downtown Disney? If so did you enjoy it? What do they serve? Trying to decide if DH and I would enjoy this. My kids have been to the one in Chicago and really enjoyed it.

TheDuckRocks
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
We went last Oct. to the Sunday Brunch at the House of Blues and we loved it, the food was wonderful. Here's the menu.

SUNDAY BRUNCH
(Menu items vary)
Breakfast Items - Omelet Station, Assorted Fresh Fruit, Buttermilk Biscuits with Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon Strips & Sausage Links, Cheese Grits
Lunch Items - Carving Station featuring Honey Baked Ham & Whole Roasted Prime Rib of Beef, Cooked Chilled Prawn with Cocktail Sauce, Smoked Catfish Board, Potato Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Caesar Salad, Macaroni & Cheese, BBQ, Fried or Marinated Chicken, Chicken Jambalaya, Rosemary Cornbread, Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Dessert Menu - Apple Cobbler or Banana Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Freshly Baked Assorted Pastries
Drink Menu Coffee, Tea, Juices & Soda

ldn324
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
We've been to the HOB Gospel Brunch twice and LOVED it both times. The food is amazing - not for anyone on a diet :blush: - but it's SO worth the calorie trip! Good down-home style cooking. We've found it worked best whenever we had planned for Sunday to be a low key day - don't really want to be riding anything like Tower of Terror soon after eating the brunch!

The show is awesome too. I believe they rotate singers/choirs but the ones we've seen were so filled with soul it's contagious! Very high energy, feel good kind of entertainment!

mouseketeer mom
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I never thought of doing this, but it sounds great! Can you see or hear the singers from every table? Whats the scoop? Also, is it an ADR place thru Disney at 180days?

mmouse566
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
It is recommended to make reservations (yes, good old fashioned reservations not ADRs). They have the floor and the balcony seated and yes you can see from pretty much every seat. There are a few spots on the floor to the sides that may not have great views. They have a schedule so you can see who the performers will be. We personally did not feel it was worth the $80+ for 2 adults and one child.

TheDuckRocks
05-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Reservations are done dicertly through the House of Blues box office. I don't remember how long in advance you can get them but I seem to think I was able to get them earlier than the 180 ADRs.:confused:
When you make your reservation they will charge your credit card immediately and they are non-refundable. You must keep the confirmation number to take to the box office to pick up your tickets the morning of the brunch and they will want photo ID and the credit card you used for the purchase.
We went in Oct. 2006 and that was how they were handling it then. Hope this helps.

jillluvsdisney
05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Loved it. Our family has been to it twice. The food is very good and the entertainment rocks!!
I think it's totally worth it.

mouseketeer mom
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone! We're always looking to do new things for our trips, this one sounds great! We're doing it the Sunday before Thanksgiving!

Bubbie Girl
05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Do any of you know what the cost is per adult ?

TheDuckRocks
05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Show Times: 10:30 a.m. & 1 p.m.

$32.50 adults / $16.25 hildren ages 3-9

Call 407-934-2583 for reservations

Sure hope this info is current.

Bubbie Girl
05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
That helps :thumbsup: , thanks much!

ElenitaB
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Show Times: 10:30 a.m. & 1 p.m.

$32.50 adults / $16.25 hildren ages 3-9

Call 407-934-2583 for reservations

Sure hope this info is current.
You do have the current information (confirmed with the HoB directly).