PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Worth the price?

Disneynewbie07
04-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I see that tickets are going on sale tomorrow for the MNNSHP. Has anyone been to it? It seems very expensive. Of course, if you feel like you have the MK to yourself, then it would be worth it! Thoughts?

threeh
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Which night are you planning?? Some nights are actually pretty crowded so they sell out.

I think the Halloween party is pretty cool. The atmosphere is very festive and the fireworks and parade are also very good.

I would go early. we have always found the park pretty empty around 4pm, most people not staying for the party are leaving and we were able to get on quite a few rides with little wait. I've also read that late at night after the parade and firworks it gets less crowded.

Happy Planning!!:mickey:

Emily
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I've been once and I loved it, more so than the Christmas party, actually. But crowd size does depend on what night you go. The parks aren't exactly empty, and on certain nights can be quite crowded. But I think they do a great job on this event and it's worth it. :mpumpkin:

Disneynewbie07
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
We will be in Disney for 10 days from 10-18 through 10-27. I think I am going to try to get tickets for the 18th. What time should I start calling?

crazeedizneefinatic
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I think if you have never experienced it before you need to at least once. The atmosphere is very different than a day at the park. We have gone quite a few times and are going to skip it this trip, I think we are burned out. Don't expect to have the park to yourself. You can never tell how crowded it is going to be and the closer you get to Halloween parties sell out. Last year we did a party the end of September and it was crowded. We have done parties the first week of October too and they were not as crowded so you never can tell. Just expect to have a good time and if the park is not crowded consider it a bonus!

Disneynewbie07
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks. What nights are more crowded? Like I said, we will be there for 10 days so my dates are flexible.

Crow
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
i saw it once in 2005. dont think i would again.
the fireworks were great, the best thing.
parade was ok
otherwise it was pretty busy, got on a few rides

LovinWDW
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
First of all it is well worth it IMHO. We went for the first time last year and we're heading down for it again this year. I don't know if we will ever miss another MNSSHP. Great fireworks, best parade again IMHO, great villan show. We will be there on the 28th and the 31st. It will be crowded, but thats part of WDW. The earlier you go in Oct the better off you'll be as far as crowds go. Have Fun!

chrisandmattsmom
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
We went to MNSSHP on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 and we had a blast! We ate at the LTT around 4:30 and then got the kids dressed in their costumes. We didn't think it was crowded at all! In fact, we stayed on Barnstormer a couple times in a row because no one else was waiting. The candy lines were long, but they moved really fast. The Halloween parade and fireworks were spectacular. We thought it was worth the extra money and we would definately do it again. I think the weekends might be more crowded and also closer to Halloween would be more crowded. Have a great trip!

biodtl
04-30-2007, 10:02 PM
We were there last October (from the 8th to the 16th). We went during the week - I think Wednesday - and it was not crowded at all - we walked on most rides with little to no wait.

CaptainSad
04-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Went on October 3rd, back in 04. What a blast. Hardly any lines. Lots of candy. You will have fun. Also get to see characters you don't normally see at the park. I want to go again.....

HndrdPrcnt
04-30-2007, 10:32 PM
We went last year and had a blast. We made appts for our DDs to get all made up like princesses beforehand at BBB and they had smiles from ear to ear the entire time we were at MNSSHP. The parade is excellent and the firework show is also very good. Don't go thinking that the park is going to be empty, because it will not be. However, it does clear out after the fireworks and parade:thumbsup:

Enjoy!