PDA

View Full Version : When Does MK Decorate for Christmas?

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Someone was just telling me on Saturday that Disney starts decorating for Christmas on Thanksgiving night after the parks close. However, I am assuming the parks are decorated for MVMCP starting on the 12th of November. Hmmmmm.......what's the true story here?

Pipalotta
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I dont know what the answer is but I would assume that the week or so inbetween when the halloween party ends the christmas one starts. Im not sure why they would have a christmas party going on and no decorations. That is just my thought.

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
They start right after Halloween. Usually by mid November everything is up.
Most, if not all, of the decorating is done at night. You come down the next morning and the Christmas elves have been at work!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Most, if not all, of the decorating is done at night. You come down the next morning and the Christmas elves have been at work!
True!:magic::cloud9:

Nick Mc
05-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I remember working at Studios one day in Sep, and they already had a little over half of the Osborne Christmas lights up. and in the back of MK they have the Christmas trees out at the Holiday Building... from what I remember from the WDW Christmas Day Parade 2002 (I think) They were stating they start getting ready for the Holidays around June but that is all "behind the scenes" but for MK they start putting things up for Christmas Right after Halloween but don't put the big things up till right before the Christmas Parties.. The characters in their Christmas Costumes at DAK start like the first weekend in Nov.

tys_mommy
05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
When we went Thanksgiving 04 there were tons of Christmas decorations everywhere. We did MK the Saturday before and then went back for Turkey day and there were more decorations there than 5 days before. Not sure if they finished by then or if they were still adding.

sillyolbear
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM
It is amazing what they can do overnight. I was staying at the Wilderness Lodge two weeks before Thanksgiving in 2005. Passed through the lobby about 9 pm going to my room and the lobby was undecorated, walked off the elevator the next morning at 8:30 and it was Christmas! They were taking the lift out the lobby doors.

Jeri Lynn
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I arrived at WDW last November 1st and stayed to the 5th, during that time I saw alot of Christmas decorations being put up...I thought it was kind of funny since the last halloween party was on the 31st of October and they wen't right to Christmas afte that!

Figgyluv03
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
I remember working at Studios one day in Sep, and they already had a little over half of the Osborne Christmas lights up.
They started around the end of September when I was working down there in 2001.

mickey98
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Historically the first week of November they start..By the middle of the second week they are all finished.. Isn't it amazing what a little Pixie Dust can do !!!!!!!!

:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 02:54 PM
We visited the first week of Dec. 2006 and were really disappointed that MK was not fully decorated until our last day there! :( DW had not been there for Christmas, and we thought we would not see all the decorations. Not sure is this is normal or not.

LoriMistress
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
When DH and I were at MK last time in 2003 during November, there no Christmas Decorations....though, we went during the first two weeks of November. During that time, I believe, they didn't have the MVMCP during the times of year when we went...I think they started those parties around Thanksgiving to December.

SgtTigger
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
It is amazing what they can do overnight. I was staying at the Wilderness Lodge two weeks before Thanksgiving in 2005. Passed through the lobby about 9 pm going to my room and the lobby was undecorated, walked off the elevator the next morning at 8:30 and it was Christmas! They were taking the lift out the lobby doors.

We stayed up and watch them decorate the Wilderness Lodge one year.... They had like 25 people just watching the decorations going up.... They had 5 18 wheelers out front and about 50 people working on the Christmas stuff...

The decoration will be up in time for the first Christmas party at MK....

:cop: :tigger: