PDA

View Full Version : Swan vs. Dolphin

Pixie Power
04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
OK...so we're going to WDW for 2-Nights before our Disney Cruise in August and my DH is a Starwood member. So we are thinking of using his Starwood points for those 2 nights in order to save a bit of money. We'll be there w/ our 2 DDs, ages 11 and 5. Dh and I have stayed @ the Swan before, and quite frankly, we were disappointed. That was several years ago (12/02 to 1/03), so we're willing to give it a go again for 'free'. I was looking on-line @ the rooms and I think I'd rather stay @ the Dolphin this time, but really have no reference. So I'm asking you all for some insight.

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup: :mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I've only stayed at the Dolphin, and LOVED it. We just haven't stayed there since 2003 because we've gotten cheaper rates at Disney hotels, but we really loved it. We loved it so much we're going back and trying the Swan. My mother is a teacher and I'm a nurse, so we have two chances to save some money. We love the location, and, really, we're not in our room enough to worry about views. We love the beds and our room at the dolphin was pretty quiet.

I can't vote, as I haven't experienced the Swan yet, but I will in Oct and let you know!

anneb
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I've stayed at both, and prefer the Dolphin. I like the big lobby and the the dramatic architecture. It also has more (and better) dining options, and many rooms have great views.