PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOT password informational post

Patricia
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
A heads up on passwords here at Icot:

Staff and Management cannot see your INTERCOT password. All passwords are protected by the boards software.

If you have forgotten your Intercot password, please use the Password Recovery form (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/login.php?do=lostpw).

Once submitted the board software will reset your password and send the new one to the email address you registered with. Once you have signed in using that password you can change it to something else.

For your own safety in VMK avoid using outside programs to login your VMK account. You may be compromising your privacy (by sharing your login information) using programs not endorsed by Disney.

LittleDragonErin
04-30-2007, 07:25 PM
It's also a wise idea NEVER to use the same login information on fan sites that you use for VMK. ;)

Just like for other things...NEVER use the same login information for banking or credit cards that you would use for online stores or forums (such as this).

wizardmickey
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
As hard as was was for me to memorize the password I was "assigned" when I first registered here, I just never felt it was neccesary to go in and change it to something easier for me to remember.
I do use (when I have the option) variations of the same password for most of my accounts... usually with numbers added in or puncuation marks if the site has allowed it... I also use various versions of simple log-in names to make life simpler.
Bottom line? Beware...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I use different passwords and write them down and lock them in my very cheap plastic treasure box. Hey, I'm low matinence (sp?). But at least no one can steal my password :P

wizardmickey
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
mickeytinkerbellprincess: I use different passwords and write them down and lock them in my very cheap plastic treasure box. Hey, I'm low matinence (sp?). But at least no one can steal my password :P
Except now we know that your secrets are in a "cheap plastic treasure box", and even with my limited ability to use power tools that's an easy steal! Muahaha!

Patricia
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I just wanted everyone to know, we can't see them. So, we can't send them to you if you forget it. Only you can reset it by using the form.

As Dragon said, do not use passwords on forums that you would use on an account you chance to lose something. That could be online games or banking. Make them different to protect yourself and always pass on any outside programs that require your login information.