PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic After Park Hours?

Goofy Dad 13
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
On a couple of the dates we are at WDW in August, Fantasmic has a show time of 9:00, but the park shows a closing time of 8:30. Do they just shuttle out those that are not going to Fantasmic? Just curious if this would make the wait for Fantasmic longer or shorter.

Is it obvious that the normal planning is done, and I am looking for something, anything to distract me from work?

Nick Mc
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
When the park closes, and Fant is later than park close. Most everything closes, shops, attractions, etc... It doesn't really have much of an effect on Fantasmic, most of those people would be there anyways because of the limited seating, they also start seating about an hour before show-time.

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Actually, the shops along Hollywood Blvd stay open a bit later to capture the crowds as they are leaving.
So, if the park closes at 8:30- it's just the rides, attractions, ride shops and food stands that shut down at 8:30. (If you are seated in a TS restaurant- they don't make you leave right at 8:30)
Everyone planning to go to Fantasmic that evening will already be in line. The rest of the people will slowly make their way to the front of the park to leave- grabbing last minute purchases in the shops, picking up packages purchased earlier, returning strollers, etc. It takes quite a while to really close the park!

And as far as staying distracted- anything you need to do to avoid work... :thumbsup: :mickey: ;)

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Actually, the shops along Hollywood Blvd stay open a bit later to capture the crowds as they are leaving.

I have fallen into that trap on more than one occasion!!! That's where all my money goes! Haha! :D

MOJoe
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
As to how long the wait may be, on the date you are asking about, are there two shows? If not, then you must line up early to get a seat. If so, then you could see attractions until they closed, and still get a seat. Perhaps not the "best seat", but it is rare for there to be standing room only for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic.