PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Downtown Disney??

emmatink
04-30-2007, 04:46 PM
My wife and I are taking our 2 year old to Disney for trick or treating and on the day of the MNSSHP we are going to spend the early part of the day shopping in downtown disney. We would like to find a place to eat with our 2 year old for a sit down lunch that has the "eye candy" a 2 year old would be entertained by. Any suggestions? Price does not matter because we are using the meal plan. Thank you!:thumbsup:

sassafras
04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Try the Rainforest Cafe. A 2 year old should like the animated animals and rainforest atmosphere.

dumbo ears
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I would normally sat wolfgang puck but since your taking a 2 yearold id say try either rainforest cafe or maybe planet hollywood. they might like the globe at planet hollywood but they might like the animals and stuff at rainforest cafe.

smickey
04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
With a 2 year old you can't go wrong with the Rainforest Cafe. With all the lights flashing, fish in huge tanks along with the animated animals it will certainly get a 2 year olds attention.

Earl of Sandwich is our new fav for lunch. Great food and you can sit outside and enjoy the people watching.

:thumbsup:

floridamom
04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Rainforest Cafe would be my vote IF your child isn't disturbed by loud noises and special effects. One of my girls loved it around that age while the other couldn't stand it.

MinnieMommie
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Rainforest sounds to be an ideal match for what you describe but last I knew it was not a part of the dining plan. Someone will let us know I am sure. :mickey:

tinksmom02
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
RFC in DTD is NOT on the DDP.
RFC in AK IS on the DDP.

RFC would be my vote for lunch w/ your daughter, if she's into animals and such. Lunch OOP would be cheaper than dinner, I suspect.

Earl of Sandwich is my favorite spot in DTD for lunch!

:mickey:

tiaramom
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Are you certain that rain forest in AK is on the dining plan for disney?

Natazu
05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
While Rainforest Cafe would be exciting to a 2yr old, it is not on the Dining Plan. I'd say, eat at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and sit on the patio. There's plenty to watch outside, ducks, birds, tourists.

tinksmom02
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Whoops, sorry about that! :blush: RFC is not on the DDP at all. My apologies.

emmatink
05-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input...Rainforest Cafe will be our choice in Downtown Disney!!:mickey:

Jared
05-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Try the Rainforest Cafe. A 2 year old should like the animated animals and rainforest atmosphere.
Rainforest Cafe was my first thought as well when I read the original post.

:tasty:

Nicki'sMom
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
CAUTION! We thought our two year old would love Rainforest Cafe but we sat down and the first thunderstorm started and she started crying. We had to leave. We went straight over to Wolfgang puck and had a decent meal. The chef behind the counter saw we had fussy child on our hands sent a small plate of fries out to calm her. What a nice thing to do. He really saved us. Planet Hollywood would be an OK choice as well. Have a great trip!

TheMartellFamily
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM
To this day a I have this story about going to RFC and laugh about it, this happened 8 years ago. My DN wanted to go there so got a seat in the gorilla room(this one we went to was in Schaumburg il.) He took a look at them and then they started vocalizing, he dove under the table and covered his ears and screamed until we left. He did not want to eat and was terrified. So to say this is eye candy for a child just be careful since there is alot going on and my have a negative effect on the child. You can try and see but I am just giving you this warning like some of the others have done also.