PDA

View Full Version : Another Yeti Question

huzzah4
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I, unfortunately, only had time to ride EE once on our last trip, but enjoyed it thoroughly. I do have one question about the yeti though. I know there is the animatronic one at the exit of the cave, and the shadow that passes on the upper cave wall when you stop, but I remember seeing an additional one, and I have seen no discussion whatsoever about it. I was in the very front car since my better half does not like roller coasters and I was a single rider, and while stopped in the cave for the shadow to pass overhead, you could see an exit from that cave ahead of you. It looked like a section of the track rotated with a silhouette of a yeti on it. I thought this was one of the neatest parts of the ride, since only the first couple of cars would be able to see it, it was like a special treat just for me, but I would have thought that someone else would have mentioned it too. Am I completely off my rocker, or has anyone else seen this?

JPL
04-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I have never seen that. I have only ridden a handful of times but the specs of the ride only list the one AA figure. The only other appearance I know of is the shadow projection.

Jared
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I've ridden Expedition Everest three or four times and remember only two appearances by the yeti.

You are better than my father, though, who has missed the big figure both times he rode.

;)

mrp4352
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
It looked like a section of the track rotated with a silhouette of a yeti on it. I thought this was one of the neatest parts of the ride, since only the first couple of cars would be able to see it, it was like a special treat just for me, but I would have thought that someone else would have mentioned it too. Am I completely off my rocker, or has anyone else seen this?

Kind of a spoiler below... Please highlight to read...

I think what you saw was the track switching so your train would switch tracks. In the dark, it might have cast shadows that were Yeti-shaped - I'm afraid I was so interested in watching the workings of the track switch, I didn't look for general shapes. Guess I'll have to ride it again!