PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerfreaks trip report day 2

Tinkerfreak
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
We decided to go to Epcot this morning for opening. We were there a few minutes early and went in to wait for the official opening. We have never done this before and let me tell you I could not believe how people were literally pushing people over to run to Soarin'. There were several foreigners who were just baffled and could not figure what was going on. I can say I was ashamed of the way some people were pushing and shoving and being rude. I know it is a popular ride but come on people it is not worth hurting someone to get to it. We let them all have at it and we went to the Nemo ride and waited a few minutes before they came out and told us it was down so we might not want to wait. By this time we had walked around a little bit and decided for the heck of it to see when the fastpass return time was so we could get one and return later. Well when we got there the crowd had finally got their passes and fled and there was only a poste 30 minute wait. We were actually on in less than 20 minutes and we got a seat in the front row so no feet to look at. The best part of the ride for us was the group of young teenage boys who were going on for the first time. They were so excited and funny. When we all got on they were so excited and did not know what to expect. At one point the kid next to me got startled by something and grabbed my arm. He was so embarrassed it was funny. DH and I got a kick out of it and it was so great to experience it with a first timer.
After this we walked around for a while but it was getting so crowded the people where just pouring in. We did SE and I'm glad we got to do this before it is refurbed. When we went to leave we just could not believe how crowded it had gotten in a short amount of time. There was even a line to get out. We decided to go to DD and do some shopping for the DD's, we missed them and were feeling a bit guilty. We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and it was great as usual. We spent a couple of hours here and then went back to AKL. My feet were hurting pretty bad by now and it was getting hot so we needed a rest.
After resting we went to MGM for a while and we just don't ever find alot of must do's here. It was really packed and we tried to do some shopping but there were marching bands there and teenager in swarms running everyone over. We decided to hop on the boat to Epcot and watch Illuminations.
We were bummed out that MK was not doing wished Friday or Saturday night and they were closing at 7:00. Epcot was very crowded and we could hardly find a spot to watch Illuminations. We usually go at the end of oct. so we were not used to these kind of crowds. We watched Illuminations but it was not as good for us as usual because people were running in front of us and blocking our view the entire time. They just kept pushing their way in front of us to try to get to the front of the crowd. After Illuminations we hung out in Mouse Gear for a while until the crowd thinned a bit and then hopped on the bus back to AKL. We had lost our happy feeling from the night before and I was glad to get back to the resort and relax.
When we were in WS we saw a couple of the kids from High School Musical, the two boys. I their names were Corbin Blue and Lucas Gabriel. I knew I should have watched this movie with my daughters. At first we did not know what was going on, there were people all dressed up following a cm with a special red pole and they were going into that cs rest. in the American Pavillion. As we were walking someone bumped into me and I did not pay attention because I was looking the other way. Then all of a sudden people were taking pictures and I am so dumb I was thinking "why are all these people taking my picture". When I looked to my right it was that Corbin guy and his security people. They went into a gated area in that cs area. Once people realized it was him they tried to hold up their cameras and take pictures. Then security started yelling for people to keep it moving. I still was not possitive if it had been him but DH was in a shop and saw his picture on a t-shirt and said yes that is the guy who bumped into you. He was walking right beside us. My DD was so mad, she said "only my mom could be walking next to him and not have a clue".
DH also spotted Lucas Gabriel in the gym at the AKL the next morning, he was working out and his security team was standing around him. DD was so mad that he did not ask for an autograph but he did not want to invade his privacy and bother him. He said he would have felt stupid being a grown man asking for a young mans autograph.

Bethis26fan
04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry your day wasn't as good as the day before.

BriarRose0708
04-30-2007, 11:55 PM
oh my goodness that's histerical about the two tween dream boats from HS Musical. My cousins are 13 and that's all they can talk about. Thanks for sharing your day, I'm looking forward to the next installment!

faline
05-01-2007, 05:38 AM
It certainly does sound like it was rather busy!

Bethanymouse
05-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I wouldnt have known who they were either so dont feel so bad! It sounds like you had another busy day filled with fun. I am glad that you loved Wolf Gang express- we found this on our last trip and loved it! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

magicman
05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I wonder what the "special red pole" is supposed to do? My little girl was nearly pushed down by the red pole entourage on one of our visits as some 'big time star', who was probably 11 years old, was whisked by.

Good feedback on Wolf Gang. I've always wanted to go there, and I think I'll add it on to my 2008 Microsoft Excel Disney Master Planning Scheduling Calendar (or MEDMPSC for short).

Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear your day wasn't as magical as yesterday - funny about they guys from High School Musical, though! I wouldn't have known them, either - we haven't seen it yet, our girls our a little on the young side for it, I think. Looking forward to reading more about day 3....

pogo
05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry today was such a challenge for you.:(

I'm afraid I'm getting :old: because I hate being at WDW during Grad Night weekends. Too many rude and pushy teen's with foul language for me. I wish Disney would cancel it.

I hope your day three gets better. :D

sleepingbooty
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Those crowds sound awful - Yikes!

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Sorry that the magic wasn't as plentiful today. Too bad your daughters weren't with you this trip to bump into those two guys. Thanks for reporting.

TKDisneylover
05-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds like you had quite the day with all the crowds at each park. I too enjoy going in the fall when the crowds are lower. We're hoping our December trip will be similar crowdwise as the fall can be. Looking forward to day 3!

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't have known who they were either:blush: Thanks for sharing:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey: