PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Crazy!

pox24
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Does anybody know who "Gold Rush Gus " is in the Magic Kingdom at Splash Moutain. My family thinks I am smoking pixie dust. Prove me right.

biodtl
04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
You aren't crazy. I don't know if he's still around, but he used to hang around SM and ride (he's a wacky prospector). I only saw him once - and not on any of my most recent trips.

pox24
04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
That 's right, he rode with us and took us through a private entrance the the ride. What a nutball, he was a riot, and even rode in the afternoon parade. Probably in the new U.S. Senate now.

TennesseeTink
04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Is that his campsite that you pass on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? The one with the longjohns hanging on the line to dry? LOL
I've never heard of him but that would be too funny.

ghost999
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
i haven't heard of him, but of course, i may have been smoking a little to much pixie dust :mickey:

biodtl
04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
OK, this was driving me crazy, so I went looking and it turns out his name was Gold DUST Gus. If you do a google search you can find some photos.

LauraSAnne
05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh I'VE had a run-in with the fellow!

Last time we went we got fast passes at Big Thunder as soon as the park opened, even though there wasn't a wait--we wanted to secure a ride after we rode Splash Mountain. He saw us doing this (with no wait) and starting picking on us something awful. It was my idea, so of course my group told him that and I became the object of his picking. I tried to weasel my way out of it, but the man was just too witty. In fact, he had a small crowd gathering because he was so hilariously relentless. Finally he let us walk away and we got on Splash. When Splash was done and we were waiting for our log to pull up to the unload area, we saw that he was now harassing people in line. As soon as he saw me, he remembered me and started telling everyone in LINE how foolish I was. He also didn't appreciate that I had not gotten wet on Splash so he proceeded to splash me with water from his canteen.

He was awesome...I hope we run into him again sometime! :thumbsup:

darthmacho
05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
For the record, just because you are right, doesn't mean that you're not as crazy as that ol 'prospector. :crazy:

Also, lay off the pixie dust.:pixie:

:mickey:

pox24
05-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Thank you all for the laughs. Love to hear some more encounters with this dude.