PDA

View Full Version : Minimum age for barnstormer?

baby minnie's mommy
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone! I've been surfing the boards for a long time and finally decided to register. So I am excited about being able to post now! :mickey:

My first question: Has anyone come across a minimum age for Goofy's Barnstormer? The 2007 Passporter guidebook states a minimum age of 3 (as if a requirement, not as a suggested age). I think my DD age 2 would love to ride it, and she already meets the height requirement. She's 35 1/2" without shoes.

Also, where would the age/height check be in relation to the waiting line? Is it before you get in line?

Thanks for the help!

DisneyWitch
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I am a two time cast member and a multi-year passholder. I've never been asked my children's ages and I've never asked a guest their children's ages. On the roller coasters and other thrill rides there should only be the height check done at the entrance to the ride. If she's tall enough I don't see why there would be an age issue. Especially on the Barnstormer where the two of you are in the seat together.;)

AmberB
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
My son and nephew both rode the barnstormer at 2 1/2. There was never a question of age, just height. My son rode it once and that was enough. My nephew rode it multiple times and loved it. I say try it and I hope your child loves it.

Strmchsr
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Just wanted to give you a welcome. The others are quite right that there is no age limit, just height.

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Just wanted to say welcome to Intercot!! :mickey:

Barnstormer is a great ride for kids! It's funny because I'm 31 and I actually rode it (by myself) last year for the first time. My DH was in a store, so I was waiting for him on the bench and there was no line for Barnstormer so I thought I might as well jump on! You can imagine his surprise when he came back looking for me and he saw me waving to him from the ride!:D Haha! So no matter what you're age, you're bound to enjoy it!

FriendsofMickey
04-30-2007, 05:10 PM
My girls were just under 3 and just barely tall enough when they rode it. It quickly became their favorite. :mickey: No one thought they were even 3 last year and they were 4. So, if there was a age limit, I would have certainly been stopped the year before.

They will check them as you walk into the little building (waiting queue). They also have a place where they can double check at the top of the ride.

baby minnie's mommy
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the peace of mind, everyone! We took our daughter to AK for her 2nd birthday, and when the Safari ride got fast and bumpy she laughed and laughed! So I'm thinking she would love barnstormer! :thumbsup: I rode it several years ago, so it's kinda vague, but I remember really enjoying it myself. Am so excited to go on it with my DD!

A Big Kid
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
When my niece was 2 1/2, we took her to WDW. We made the HUGE mistake of taking her on the malmstrom first. Freaked her out. She just kept repeating, "no more tunnels."

She was scared of everything but then saw Goofy's Barstormer! She pitched a fit until she could get on it! She and I rode it about 3 times in a row and she loved it! Even the first time, she threw her hands up in the air on the first drop!

LudwigVonDrake
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
:welcome:

If the height requirement is met, I can't see there being a problem. Have fun!! :wave:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
My DD was just shy of three our last trip and rode it. They only checked her height. She liked it then.

Ask her now if she is going back on in September..."Nope. it's too fast Mommy!". :humph:

I think it is fun!