PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner?

Jessietoystory2
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
What is the best place to celebrate a birthday for dinner? On the day we arrive it will be my sons 15th birthday and we would like to take the whole family out.

offwego
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
How many are in your party?
Are you on the dining plan?
Do you want a resort restaurant or in the theme parks?

For a fun and easy time Ohana is a great choice. Lots of selection, entertainment and a one price menu if your needing to budget for taking out a group.

Otherwise I'd highly recommend California Grill or Jiko's at AKL.

Strmchsr
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Any place is about the same. Just let them know it's your son's birthday. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) for all the tips and info on celebrating a birthday at WDW.

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Chef Mickey's is a lot of fun if you like characters!

Jessietoystory2
04-30-2007, 04:56 PM
There will be 5 in our party. DH,DS, (2) DS, and me. He probably will not want to do a character thing. I would like to go to a restaurant not in a theme park. Thanks for all your help.

offwego
05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd say something like Ohana or even Cape May Cafe if you all like seafood.

Birthday or not a travel day won't be the day you'll want to do business casual for say California grill or Narcosee.

Ohana in particular has things for your youngest to do while your 15 year old can enjoy the entertainment from the table.

If however your thinking something more formal maybe the yachtsman's steakhouse with a tour of the boardwalk area afterwards.

Have a great time!

BelleCiavo
05-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Does he have any food preferences? My ds loves steak so we will be celebrating his 14th birthday at the Concourse Steakhouse.

BrerSchultzy
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
How about Rainforest Cafe? Lots of options, and no characters.

House of Blues would be a nice way for you to say that you're ready to treat him more like an adult than a kid.

OR

My personal favorite...The Trails End Buffet at FW has every kind of food you might want, and they'll deliver cakes to your table.

E-OR
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Our last trip my son celebrated his 16th birthday. Right before we left home he had an eye injury and had to wear an eye patch for a while. When we got to WDW we picked up some pirate stuff from POTC and surprised him by decorating the room with it. We took him to his favorite restaurant, The Sci Fi, and then while we were there we had a cake delivered to the room. They brought the cake, plates, napkins, and silverware for only 12.95 along with a card from Mickey. It was alot of fun and he really got a kick out of the pirate theme.

Melis
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
E-or - Where did you get the cake delivered from and where were you staying? How did you go about getting that done? We are celebrating my son's 5 th bday there next Monday!
Thanks,
Melissa

ImagiAsh
05-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Ohana is great! I celebrated my 16th birthday there four years ago. The food was wonderful and the entertainment was... entertaining! :laughing: I would highly recommend it. :mickey:

Ashley

BelleCiavo
05-01-2007, 11:45 PM
E-or - Where did you get the cake delivered from and where were you staying? How did you go about getting that done? We are celebrating my son's 5 th bday there next Monday!
Thanks,
Melissa

Call Disney Dining and they will set you up. For our dinner at the Contemporary the cake will come from the Contemporary bakery (if we choose to get one.)

HndrdPrcnt
05-01-2007, 11:48 PM
With your group, I would HIGHLY recommend O'Hana (afterall, Ohana means family)!!:thumbsup:

E-OR
05-02-2007, 05:52 PM
We were staying at AKL and just called Disney Dining to have the cake delivered.

TheMartellFamily
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
O hana's at the Poly. Look at the menu for there on the boards and you can see if that is what you want. Trust me it is really good, for everyone.