PDA

View Full Version : Tinderfreaks trip report

Tinkerfreak
04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Just returned last night. I will try to make this brief but I am a bit chatty so I'll do my best.
Cast Just me and DH no kids on this trip.

Thursday 4/26
We were up and on our way to Portland ME Jetport by 5:00 to catch our 7:00 flight to Atlanta. When we arrived in Atlanta we had to sit on the plane and wait for a gate to open up, then some woman decided that she could not wait to use the restroom so we had to actually wait for her to finish and buckle back up before we could proceed to the gate. The flight attendant was not happy about that! Neither were DH and I because we were allready landing late and only had 10 minutes to get to our next gate to go to MCO. By the time we actually got off the plane we had 5 minutes to literally run to our next gate. I was so regretting wearing flip flops by the time we got there. They closed the door behind us that is how close we came to missing the flight. We landed at MCO around noon time and found our happy limo driver Dave, then we went to baggage claim to wait for our luggage. I had a feeling that if we barely made the connecting flight that our luggage probably didn't and I was correct. They said it would be coming in on the next flight in about an hour and that they would bring it right over to the AKL. So we left and arrived at AKL by around 1:15. I just love the feeling of that first sighting of the roof of the AKL and then the drive up to the front. I felt like I was home. All you AKL lovers know what I am talking about and the breathtaking feeling you get when first walking through the doors into the lobby and you get your first whif of that special smell. I felt like crying I was so happy. We checked in at concierge and our room was ready, we did not get any of our requests, no king size bed and we wanted to be close to the concierge lounge and did not care if we had a savannah view or not but we were a mile away at the end of the Kuda trail on the 4th floor. DH was not happy about this but we decided to go with the flow because we wanted to get to Epcot. I still had on flip flops and that was a bummer because I ended up with a blister that would slow me down all weekend.
We did all the things we always want to do but the kids never want to. We walked around WS and looked in all the shops. I took some pictures of the shrubs shaped like the characters and then we did something we have never done before. We discovered LeCellier. Thanks to all of you that have raved about this place I decided to try it and we are so glad we did. The service was a bit slow but the food more than made up for it. It was superb. We like it even better than Yahtsmans Steakhouse. After finishing up we walked around WS some more and decided to go back to AKL to rest up for the next day. On the way back there was just us and one other couple on the bus. They sat up front and I headed for the back row, I like to sit in the back right in the middle. Well DH did not join me he just sat up in the middle so I was back there all by myself. The bus driver was teasing me and asked me if I had been a bad girl and was getting a time out. I told him "No I am sitting back here with all my friends". He kept teasing me the entire way telling me that my friends and I had better behave. He was alot of fun. I was so happy just to be on the bus and I was so content that DH asked me why I was so calm and if I was on some kind of drug. I said yes, it is called Disney Prozac, the best natural high in the world. He said he wished they could bottle it for me. It started out a stressful day but ended perfectly and it was great.

pogo
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
AAhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I love the first day at WDW.:mickey:

I can't wait to read more..... keep the reports coming. :D

poeticeclipse
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM
awesome report so far! keep it coming!

wedrod
04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I hope you enjoyed you five minute stay in Atlanta. I guess you did not have to change concorses or you would have never made it to you next flight. Either that or you can run pretty fast,

CarolinaWDWFan
04-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Great post! You captured the way I feel everytime I arrive at WDW! There is no way to replicate it anywhere else.

BethieTink
04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Great report. Glad the stress of the trip was well rewarded when you got to AKL. You are right about the smell, there is something about it. I will be smelling it in 48 hours when we get there for dinner at BOMA. :cloud9:

Love the Disney Prozac description. Looking forward to my dose on Wednesday.

Can't wait to hear more.

Bethis26fan
04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for sharing.

HndrdPrcnt
04-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a great start! Can't wait to read more!

faline
05-01-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm glad you made your flight! That must have been rather stressful!

Blisters or not, you're in Disney World!

Bethanymouse
05-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Off to a rough start, but glad that everything worked out! Sounds like a perfect disney day! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Flying and airports can be so nervewracking. I made the flip flop mistake once, too. Running across the airport in flip flops, not easy! But then you were in WDW! So it's all good. And what a great day!

magickingdom67
05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Sounds like a great start. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
:mickey: Thanks for so much for the report!! We've never been to AKL but I SO want to stay there... now you've got me wanting to that much more!! :D Sounds like you had a great day... perfectly relaxing by the end. I like your description of how you feel when you're there - "Disney Prozac"... perfect! I've got to remember that!! Can't wait to read more...

sleepingbooty
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm so excited to read about the rest of your trip, since my hubby and I are taking a trip alone in august - to do exactly like you said - all the things the kids don't want to do!

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, after the drama at the airport. missing luggage, and not getting your room requests, I am so glad that you still had fun and ended the day on Disney Prozac! It is a wonderful feeling! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

TKDisneylover
05-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Can't wait to stay at the AKL in December! I love that feeling you get when first arriving in Disney, I can't imagine the feeling I will get upon entering the AKL for the first time. Thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing more about the AKL and the rest of your trip!:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Glad you made the flight. Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey: