PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Do and Free Dining

sacandjac
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
A friend of mind is going in September and taking advantage of free dining. She called and made a reservation for the Hoop Dee Do and was told that the only time they had was 5:00 and the seats were in the balcony. She was told by a CM that the only way she could get floor seats was to pay out of pocket for the meal-that they were only offering the balcony for those on the dining plan. Anyway-what is the view like from the balcony. There will be a 7 year old-will he be able to see the show? Any information appreciated. Thanks, Jill

pogo
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, they should be able to see just fine and I promise you, they will enjoy themselves.:thumbsup:

We just returned from WDW and we were at the 5:00 show on April 21st and it was way better than the Luau dinner show. :D

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
1) We sat in the balcony ONCE.
2) Will NEVER do it again.
. . . you do feel removed from the action
. . . half of the seat face away from the show
. . . you have to turn around to see anything
. . . my neck was sore for two days

Pop Centurion
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm going in Sept also. When I made my ADR's they said noting about the floor level being for people paying OOP. Hmmm.

KevGuy
05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I just went on April 13th and sat in the balcony. It was great!!!! Don't let others convince you otherwise with their sour grapes. It was better than the floor as you can see everything just fine in fact better than if some tall person was sitting in front of you on the floor seats. I really don't know how they are considered Cat-3 seats when they should be Cat-1 IMO. Go and do the show you will be so happy you did, and sitting in the balcony using 2 TS credits will save you a bundle too. Again we were closer to the action with a better view that the poor slobs who paid top dollar and all they saw was the back of a bald head ahahahaha!!!!:thumbsup:

pogo
05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Go and do the show you will be so happy you did, and sitting in the balcony using 2 TS credits will save you a bundle too. Again we were closer to the action with a better view that the poor slobs who paid top dollar and all they saw was the back of a bald head ahahahaha!!!!:thumbsup:
Hey thanks, Dude. :thumbsup: I happened to be one of the poor slobs that paid top dollar.:mad: Do you want to duke :boxing: it out or would you like to reword that statement ? :D

KevGuy
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Well that's just too bad for you. Sorry if my opinion rubs you the wrong way and you spent money to see the show on the floor, but my opinion still stands. If I went again I would request the tier 3 again even if I was paying out of pocket as I think you have a much better view and the cast even comes up there too and interacts. the food and drink is the same and you don't run the risk of seeing the back of a head in front of you. Again I don't really see how it is considered tier 3 and would recommend it to anyone who asks about it. Maybe you should try it and see for yourself instead of making harsh responses to other people's opinions that you don't agree with. Sorry if you took the joking slob comment seriously, maybe you should try yoga lol. Oh and after we duke it out I will give you some nice bracelets to wear with a little chain between them. In my line of work I give them out frequently to people who ask to duke it out with me before I bring the to the station. :secret: :thumbsup: :mickey: :cool:

cmay0507
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I went to the Hoop Dee Doo Music Revue in Sept. 2006 on the dining plan and I had great seats on the floor level not about 3 tables from the stage:mickey: . I did not have to pay any extra money either and it was a full room!

Barb_A
05-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Our seating:

1. Front row - Twice - absolutely WONDERFUL! You are in the middle of the action, catch all the marvelous inflections on CM faces ... it is to die for!

2. We've sat in (what would be tier 1) about 3 rows from front stage. Again very nice.

3. Balcony. absolutely, positively, without a doubt NEVER again. :sick: We felt like we were watching a play instead of being IN it. CM did come upstairs but it felt like a pity visit. Perhaps if it was my first trip seeing it, instead of my 2nd, i wouldn't have minded it. But i'd NOT ever choose balcony area again.

KevGuy
05-03-2007, 10:05 AM
To each their own, but I can assure you that tier 3 is excellent and it costs nothing out of pocket if your on the dining plan other than 2 TS credits. So if you don't mind spending extra money out of your pocket then go for it, but if you wanna save some money and use the dining plan to it's fullest extent go for the tier 3you won't be dissapointed. I don't care about having to be in the front row lol, that is silly I would rather save that money, enjoy the show just the same if not better as I feel the show from up there is an excellent view with no obstruction for me anyway, use the 2 dining plan TS credits (You get a lot of food on the plan we just ate CS one night instead) and then go spend that extra money I saved on pins with my kids outside at the pin cart. :thumbsup: If I'm spending the money on the dining plan and can use that to go for free and have just as good or better viewing, then that is what I am gonna do. I don't like wasting money that my kids can spend for me elsewhere ahahaha!!:number1: