PDA

View Full Version : Changing number of people for ADR

kirk-ster
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
I have been making ADR's for our travel party of 5 (3 adults, 2 children) for our upcoming trip May 13. I appears there may be one more joining us on our trip. What's the best way to handle the ADR's already booked. Should the 6 of us just show up to the restaurant (as the ADR is a reservation in the truest sense) or should I re-confirm them all as 6 people? If I change the number to 6, do you think there would be a chance of not having the same time reserved?
Thanks,

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM
1) Going fropm 5-to-6 is OK at almost every eatery.
2) Just show up.
3) To change, you have to actually cancel the old ressie.
4) You can usually add one to an odd-number ressie.

Jasper
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Since most tables have seating in even numbers rather than odd, going from 5-6 should not be a big deal. However, even though you will probably be ok just showing up it is probably a good idea to go ahead and call. Besides, even though we are talking about a large company, I still think it is just good manners!

I rather doubt you will have to change your times, but if you are told that you will, you can always tell the reservation clerk thanks, but no thanks, and then show up with 6 people anyway.

I know that if I were working at the rest. I would appreciate having the most accurate count possible when planning my day.

kakn7294
05-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Last year when I tried to change my ADR's from 11 to 12, they wanted me to cancel all of my ADR's and make new ones - but I couldn't get my own timeslot back and some places were fully booked. I didn't end up needing to add the 12th person after all so I don't know what would have happened if we just showed up but since we all sat at either 1 table that seated 12 or 2 tables that seated 6 each, I'm sure it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. I would call but if they tell you you have to cancel and make new ADR's and you can't keep the same timeslots, I would just show up.