PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at Studios during Star Wars weekends

TexasPrincessAurora
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
We are scheduled to be at WDW in June for a week that includes 2 of the Star Wars weekends. Just how crowded are the Studios during the Star Wars weekends? Is it something to avoid or if you are a Star Wars fan is it managable chaos? Just looking for some insight to decide if it is worth it to brave the crowds.

Tygger7
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
We were at Disney MGM last year during Star Wars weekends, and it wasn't bad. Not even close to being as crowed as it is over 4th of July or other holidays. Honestly, it was a lot of fun and we're going to try and hit Star Wars weekends again in 2008, depending on when it is. One recommendation though: get to the park EARLY, especially if you want to get autographs or try and get in the parade. And you don't have to be a huge Star Wars fan to have a blast.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I went on my senior trip in 2000. Granted that was 7 years ago, but the crowds were too bad. I'm sure it has grown over the years, but I've seen it way worst than that. I biggest crowd was around Kenny Baker (R2D2).

BigBaloo
04-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Kind of a follow up question. Which of the days are least crowded Friday, Saturday or Sunday or they all relatively the same?

KylesMom
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I would have to say the least crowded is Sunday. Many folks go on Friday & Saturday to get the limited edition collectibles & pins. Looking forward to participating once again in Star Wars weekends!

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Another follow question.
I am taking my Boy Scout Troop at the end of June. Early on that last SWW Sunday they will be in MK "behind the scenes classes" - until about 3pm. Is that too late to herd them over to MGM to see what's up? It's the very last day of Star Wars Weekends.
Skip it? Or go grab the last of the excitement?