PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Disney Question!What If?

DVC2004
04-30-2007, 10:28 AM
What if...you could work for Disney from where you live now and would get all kinds of discounts and free tickets for you and your family?
BUT, the catch is you'd have to work evenings and weekends and wierd hours. Would you do it?

Pumpkin22
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I would absolutely do it! I'd probably still work a second job just to make that extra mula I need! Great hypothetical quetion BTW! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
I work in retail now and I already work weird hours and weekends. I don't love it, but over the years I've grown to accept it.

I've always wanted to work at/for Disney, I just don't know if I'd survive in CA or FL. If I could live where ever I wanted that would be GREAT!

The extra perks (the discounts/tickets) are just an incredible added benifit! :mickey:

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I would do it if it was part time......very part time.....like a night or two and maybe one weekend day. Time with my family is still the most important thing right now since my kids are so young (and getting older too quickly). But I'd love a part time job at Disney :mickey:

angedeaile
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
What job doesn't have weird hours?

I would take it in a heart beat! :cloud9:

Jasper
04-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I put down in a heartbeat but I should have said it depends. If this is working at one of the Disney Stores I would tend to say no unless the discounts were really deep and the tickets free.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
If I could do payroll remotely, I would especially love it. I have a web based payroll provider now, and am looking to replace them with another web product, so with that,you can do payroll from anywhere in the world providing you have web access. And I'd need to use a fax machine for those things that couldn't be emailed etc.
Think they'll hire me?

bleukarma
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I’m considering doing it right now. I currently work a 40 hour Monday through Friday office job and I’m considering trying to work for Disney on the weekends since I live 45 minutes away. This way I would get extra money and I would get my foot in the door since my ultimate dream job would be to work for Disney corporate. I hear that you pretty much have to work your way up from the bottom and I’m willing to do that. The only draw-back is the 45 minute drive. But it would only be on weekends. I may be crazy for considering it though.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
No way! I think the magic would be lost. I want to remain the "guest". Don't forget Disney is still a company. Disney still has a bottom line to be met. They have policies and such just like any other normal job. I don't think the employees are getting pixie dust sprinkled on them whenever they come to work. I can remember wanting to work for the Disney Store years ago. This is when Disney still actually owned it. The guidelines for employees was ridiculous. Down to, you can't wear this color lipstick or this color nail polish. I know that Disney has a reputation to uphold but I think there would be alot of stress to uphold that image. I know of 2 people personally who left Disney because of it. Now I am not saying either that the employees are mistreated. I am just saying that Disney still is a job. It is going to be different than visiting. I am in no way Disney bashing, please do not take it as such. I LOVE the place! I definately would not go out of my way to work there. It's a nice place to visit!

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Yep!!

I used to work those hours when I worked at the Disney Store (back when Disney owned it). And I know that there is a lot of guidelines placed on the employees, but honestly, I kind of liked that. We were upholding a standard (ok, yes, that sounds cheesy but it's true!).

And the magic hasn't been lost for me. If anything it's enhanced it. :D

dumbo ears
04-30-2007, 05:48 PM
yes definitely!

January-2007
05-01-2007, 10:06 AM
No. I would rather save longer from a more steady job and just enjoy myself. If having to work wierd hours for Disney, it would be Disney that I would blame, and I would not want that! Then what good are the perks?

Marilyn Michetti
05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
No, No, No, Never. Disney is our once a year, only vacation, and we look forward to it intensly. Saving for it is part of the fun.

Other than Intercot, I don't immerse myself in Disney much. I want the excitement to peak in the final countdown days. I want to be like my dogs when I say, "lets go for a ride". (Some of you know what I'm saying).:)

pianobabe
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm a nurse, weird hours are what I'm use too. I'd do it in a split second (my husband would too)!!!:D

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I would LOVE to!!:mickey: Sign me up!!:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a nurse, weird hours are what I'm use too. I'd do it in a split second (my husband would too)!!!:D

Same here;) I work 7pm to 7am now, weekends too. I would rather work in Disney:thumbsup: :mickey:

Mickey91
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
If you are saying I could work from VA for Disney in some way and get all the fun benefits, sign me up!!!!!!!!:mickey:

When I finally talk DH into moving to FL I will work there anyway.:mickey: :mickey:

kakn7294
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
I'd definately do it! I too am a nurse working 7p - 7a with including every other weekend and 1/2 of the major holidays of the year so your "catch" of the weird hours wouldn't bother me a bit. In fact, I like the night shift better so I'd love to work for Disney instead!

princessjojo
05-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Done it before and would definitally do it again for Disney. Used to do 2 week rotations of 12hr days/nights in healthcare. Worked each of the days of the week at any given time and sometimes all 7 in a row. Would feel like home.

Figgyluv03
05-04-2007, 12:49 PM
In a heartbeat, oh wait, I already did, except for it wasn't near home, which was the worst part!!! But, yes, if it was close to home, I'd do it all over again!:D

Marilyn Michetti
05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
I just re-read the question, and realized that my answer made no sense at all. I'M SOOO EMBARASSED !:blush:

kakn7294
05-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I just re-read the question, and realized that my answer made no sense at all. I'M SOOO EMBARASSED !:blush:
Can you blame it on pain-killers?