PDA

View Full Version : After the Cruise ??

ravsluvdisney
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
OK, we are cruising on the tail end of our land and sea trip in November. My question is how chaotic and confusing is disembarkment? You get off the boat relatively early in the morning and we were thinking of heading back to MK and getting a later flight home. Is it worth the time and effort, or by time we actually get to the park will we need to turn around and head for the airport! Thanx!! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I've never sailed with any other cruise line, but disembarkation was amazingly easy! You are assigned a section in which you will find your luggage, you (or a porter) gathers it up and you are on your way before you know it. I think it took us maybe 15-20 minutes between the time we went down the gangway to when we boarded the bus to head back to WDW.

I can't weigh in on whether it's worth spending the day at WDW, but I imagine that without a rental car, the logistics of where to put your luggage might be a problem. I'm sure that others will be along shortly with what their experiences have been!

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree with Elenita.

When my DH and I got off the cruise during our honeymoon, we expected complete chaos. But instead we found ourselves saying "that's it?" and having about 7 hours to kill before our flight!

My only question would be the luggage too... Not sure if it would fit in one of the MK lockers.

TammiMcMan
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Here's a thought, but I have no idea if it would work. If DCL has pre-check in for the airlines, is it possible (if they are taking a participating airline), that they simply check their luggage at the port and hop on the bus to Disney? That way, their luggage would be taken care of and they wouldn't need to worry about storing it somewhere.

If you didn't dilly dally, you could probably be there by 10am. Not sure how you'd get back to the airport though, as I don't think you'd be eligible for ME at that point. You might need to arrange a town car service or something. That cost is about $50, plus tip.

If that doesn't work, Budget Rental has a shuttle from the port. You could do a one-way rental for the day and leave the car at the airport when you're done. It would probably end up costing you close to what you'd pay for the town car, but you'd be on your own schedule. The only inconvenience is to take the shuttle over and pick up the car.

Kate In Wonderland
05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
If that doesn't work, Budget Rental has a shuttle from the port. You could do a one-way rental for the day and leave the car at the airport when you're done. It would probably end up costing you close to what you'd pay for the town car, but you'd be on your own schedule. The only inconvenience is to take the shuttle over and pick up the car.

If you did this, then you'd have a place to store your luggage! You can just leave it in the car while you're at MK.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Depending on how late your flight is, you may not be able to check in your bags. Thought they had a limit.

What we did was we didn't know everything so we booked a rental car and went to DTD. We checked in some of our bags at the port and got our boarding passes. We could still keep our other luggage w/ us (souvies and other things) in the car.

I'm not so sure about going to a park, but if your flight is late enough (ours was about 5) and you get off the ship early, you can have some time.

If you do end up going to a park, I suggest renting a car. We took the shuttle to the airport, and then rented from there.

TammiMcMan
05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
If you do end up going to a park, I suggest renting a car. We took the shuttle to the airport, and then rented from there.Why did you opt to return to the airport for your rental? Did it end up being less expensive there, than Budget right near the port? Time-wise, I would think that something near the terminal would save more time.

DisneyDudet
05-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Its just what happened. We had booked the transfer before we thought about renting a car. This way, they took care of our luggage for us and we got to be driven for an hour, and not lost!! It was pretty cheap. You are dropped off and we went and got our car! All in less than 15 min.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Out of every cruise I've been on, this was probably the easiest disembarkation that I've ever been through. Going to the park is completely doable.