PDA

View Full Version : When is Concourse moving?

mouseketeer mom
04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Its almost ADR time! We've never tried the Concourse Steakhouse, and thought we would try it this time. I heard its moving, and you will no longer be able to see the monorails overhead. Hmm...that was a big part of its appeal. We are going in November. When will it actually move to its new location? Need to know if I should make this ADR!

javamama
04-30-2007, 11:56 AM
We just ate there on Thursday night, the food was fine(nothing spectacular IMO). The entire 4th floor is pretty sparse, the store that used to be awsome is OK now, Chef Mickey's is still good but it's like a ghost town for the most part. I have no idea when there moving locations, but alot of work is being done now at the resort. I still love that place though, that's where we're staying next year we decided when all the renovations are completed.

dtootsie42
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Does anybody know for sure if the Concourse is moving or is it closing?? My hubby is a member of {another site} and the post on that board say that the Concourse is being closed and will not be moved?? We had wanted to make an adr but now are questioning what to do.

January-2007
05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
We have an ADR there for September. I don't think it would be very nice of them to let us make an ADR and then make the restaurant unavailable, although didn't they do that with Alfredo's? Hopefully it will be there at least through the end of the year, so we can go there in September, and you can go there in November! :mickey:

Figment!
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Nothing has been officially announced or released regarding any changes to the Concourse Steakhouse.

Seeing as the other portions of the reported Grand Concourse changes have come into fruition, the reported changes do seem eminent, but not necessarily near term.

Disney has a precedent for avoiding having to reschedule or cancel Advanced Dining Reservations, so as long as you can make them, it is a safe bet it will be honored. There would be the chance your reservation could be honored at an alternative location (ex 1900 Park Fare refurb), but it is not the most likely scenario for a change that should be scheduled well in advance.

For those unaware of the topic at hand, it has been previously reported that the Grand Concourse level is planned to be modified by:

Opening a New Arcade (Completed 4/30/07)
Restructuring and Retheming the Concourse Retail Kiosks (in-progress)
Closure of the Concourse Steakhouse
Opening a new Counter Service location in-place of the Concourse Steakhouse locationAs a result of these reported changes, the 1st Floor of the resort is reportedly planned to to be modified by:

Closure of the Food & Fun Center Arcade (Completed 4/25/07)
Closure of the Food & Fun Center
Opening of a new Table Service restaurant in-place of the Food & Fun Center.
Anything other than what has been marked as "completed" or "in-progress" has not been confirmed by Disney internally or publicly to-date.