PDA

View Full Version : Foodcourt at POR

We LOVE Disney
04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi

I think I remember reading someplace that the foodcourt at POR is going to be renovated. Is this true and if so when is it supposed to be completed? If it already IS completed, does anyone have any pictures of it?

Tracy

Eeyore's Pal
04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
It is definitely open. I was just there not more than ten minutes ago. I don't have any pictures, but I don't think it looks that much different from before. I can't really remember that well, but didn't notice any drastic changes. If you are familiar with Deb's website, I believe she has some pictures. In her pictures though, it shows the old resort mugs, they are actually using the new version that doesn't have the the resort name on them, but has the year.

tink2006
04-30-2007, 08:28 AM
It is definitely open. I was just there not more than ten minutes ago. I don't have any pictures, but I don't think it looks that much different from before. I can't really remember that well, but didn't notice any drastic changes. If you are familiar with Deb's website, I believe she has some pictures. In her pictures though, it shows the old resort mugs, they are actually using the new version that doesn't have the the resort name on them, but has the year.

Ten minutes ago! I am green with envy :D I will be there later this summer :mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
The food court opened after renovations in March 2007. The food court was open, spacious, and clean. The food was very good. The service was a little iffy when we were there but they had just reopened so I think they may have been getting used to their "new" restaurant.

We LOVE Disney
05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
......If you are familiar with Deb's website, I believe she has some pictures. In her pictures though, it shows the old resort mugs, they are actually using the new version that doesn't have the the resort name on them, but has the year.

Hi

I don't know Deb's website. Is this something you can give to me?

Thank you very much for the responses :mickey:

We LOVE Disney
05-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Does anyone out there know Deb's website?

darthmacho
05-02-2007, 09:02 AM
I think this is what they are referring to. I hope this doesn't break any rules, but your profile requests no e-mails, so I'll post it here.

<snip>

PNWmom
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Does the POR foodcourt have a microwave for guest use? My daughter has a popcorn addiction and I don't think she can make it a whole week without popcorn.

January-2007
05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
My daughter has a popcorn addiction and I don't think she can make it a whole week without popcorn.

I don't know if there's a micowave there, though I would think there would be, however, I do know that all Walt Disney World themeparks sell really yummy popcorn, just to let you know. Fresh popped, in either a collectable tub or a cardboard box. Hope this helps.

We LOVE Disney
05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I think this is what they are referring to. I hope this doesn't break any rules, but your profile requests no e-mails, so I'll post it here.

<snip>

Thank you so much! Sorry about the e-mail thing but I don't know how to change that :blush:

Thanks again :mickey:

Eeyore's Pal
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Does the POR foodcourt have a microwave for guest use? My daughter has a popcorn addiction and I don't think she can make it a whole week without popcorn.

Yes there is a microwave to the right of the cashiers.

Some of the new things they have are create your own pasta, omelet or salad. You tell them what you'd like in it and they make it your way.

MNNHFLTX
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Thank you so much! Sorry about the e-mail thing but I don't know how to change that :blush: You can allow emails to be sent from other members but clicking on the User CP in the blue tool bar at the top of each page. From there click on Edit Options in the column on the left-hand side of the page. The second box down on the page that comes up allows you to change your email preferences. :)

An additional note to members--if you want to communicate with other posters outside the scope of the boards, you can always use the Private Message function here on INTERCOT.

mermaidmarian
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I just wanted to add a little review of the changes to the food court at POR.

I was very pleased with the changes to the menu and the food stations - the limited choices and really long wait times in our visit of May '06 were quite an issue and disappointment for our family.

The update to the foodcourt includes some welcome healthy additions to the menu - and the areas are set up as stations, eg., salad station (cast member prepares your individual salad per your specificiations), carving station, grill, pasta station, etc. Breakfast offerings included an oatmeal station and improved omlet fixings. The back line area seems much cleaner and well organized. There are still grab and goes, small salads, fruit snacks, beverages. I thought there was much less emphasis on burgers and fries, which I appreciated.

Speed of service was greatly improved over our last visit.

The rest of the food court remains unchanged.