PDA

View Full Version : How do you......

dolphinmickey9170
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM
end your final night in WDW? What do you do special or what traditions do you have for your family?

We always end our vacation at the MK, I must say goodbye to Walt's window and tell him thank you for the happiest place on earth, and let him know that we will be back soon.

We are leaving in 5 days for the world. I am so excited!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
My WDW vacation ALWAYS ends in the Magic Kingdom :tink:

Have a great trip :wave:

Pop Centurion
04-29-2007, 10:35 PM
We don't really have any traditions for the last night. We just try to savor the last moments. But we do walk around DTD on our last day and have lunch at Planet Hollywood to kill time before we catch our flight home.

glenpreece
04-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I love to go MK and spend some time/evening there and then go to DTD to stretch it out as loooooong as possible.

Vanlandingham
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
MK, Spectromagic, Fireworks. Seems like a nice way to wrap up a WDW trip.

darthmacho
04-30-2007, 09:09 AM
My WDW vacation ALWAYS ends in the Magic Kingdom :tink:

Have a great trip :wave:

Same with us. It just seems to make sense to begin and end with MK. :mickey:

mttafire
04-30-2007, 09:32 AM
We ALWAYS goto the M.K. on the last day for a half day visit. Its usually the 3rd total day we goto the Magic Kingdom. We leave the "World" most of the time on a saturday afternoon. We spend the first half of the day at the M.K. Then off to Ohio. This is the case if we do a 7 day trip.:mickey:

allie_to_you
04-30-2007, 09:36 AM
We usually end our trip with a day at Epcot, a nice dinner at Alfredo's followed by Illuminations but since they are closing Alfredo's this year, we are ending our trip at Magic Kingdom with MVMCP and "Wishes."

mm59
04-30-2007, 09:43 AM
We have always ended our trips at EPCOT. We ride Spaceship Earth, then we pitch a penny in the fountain in front. This is our Tradation for the last 50 or so trips:mickey: This is to ensure that We will return:thumbsup:

Vinny
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't really have any set traditions for the last night at WDW but a few trips ago I did start a small one. I usually go to the park that offers EMH's for that day and get in all of my favorites a few more times. Then, I started booking the late afternoon/evening flight for my return home. This allows me to go to the parks until about 2PM the day I am leaving.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Last two time we have been down we left at the end of the night and didn't go back because we were leaving that night or 6am the next morning.

This time on our honeymoon we are flying out in the evening so we will have more than a half day in the park. I think its going to be much harder to leave this trip because of that. Love all the ideas for traditions, might steal a few for our trip.

BritCody
04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
We pretty much do the same thing. We always end it with a full day at the MK. I agree it is like we are saying good-bye and we will see you next time

Belle_0717
04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Our first day and our last day are usually spent at the MK. We usually arrive on Sunday when MK has EMH. In 6 days we arrive on a Monday so we will probably venture to DS for EMH.

Our last day is always at MK. This trip we are having breakfast at O'hana then taking the monorail to MK. We need to breathe in the magic before we head back. Seeing the castle one last time and for DH, it's taking the chocolate chip cookies home to remember the trip.

This has been a tradition every trip - even as a child with my parents. Walt and the magic live at the MK.:)

LoriMistress
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
DH and I somehow find ourselves being at MK for our last day at the parks. We'll more likely ride PPF as our final ride, and slowly go through Cinderella's Castle and walk down MSUSA for the last time. We always say, "Goodbye, Walt Disney World...we'll be back."

LovinWDW
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Full day at the MK. Lunch at Crystal Palace and dinner at Liberty Tree. I don't know how it was started, but that's the way it is. Spectromagic parade and finally Wishes. Hang in the shops as long as possible and then face the reality that we're going home. Time to start planning the next trip!

kadesha
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Spend the day at MK. Have a late dinner at Chef Mickey's then watch Wishes. The next morning I try to convince DH to go to DTD so I can stay in the world as long as possible. I literally cry when I have to leave!!

Raye3201
04-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Just like so many others, we begin and end with the Magic Kingdom. We always have to leave by 10 am to catch our flight home, so we always do Magic Kingdom on our last night. We go to the Cape May Cafe for breakfast and are always sad to say goodbye.:cry: :sad:
The beauty of DVC is that we know we'll be back! And we usually start planning the next trip before ending the current one!:mickey: :mickey:

McGoofy
05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Perhaps I will run into you! We are leaving in 6 days (Sunday, May 6) and will be there through Saturday, May 12.

Anyhow, we are passholders so our last day is often different based on what time we need to be home. Almost always on the night before we leave, we sit at the patio area around the English pub at Epcot and watch Illuminations one last time. (This of course is done with drinks from the pub and either pastries from France or pastries from Norway.) Then on the day we leave, we will sometimes go into MK and try to ride all 3 of the mountains one last time. However, if we can't get home too late that day, we will just do a sit-down breakfast at one of the resorts before leaving. This is then followed by our son waving goodbye to Mickey and telling him that we will be back as we head off the property to the interstate. It'll put a tear in your eye!!:sadwave:

Gator
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Always with Illuminations and a long stroll out of Epcot. Very nice.

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2007, 08:31 AM
McGoofy, it did put a tear in my eye and goosebumps everywhere. Maybe we will see ya there!! Have a great trip.

Figgyluv03
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I end where I begin! MK!!!! Although when I left my CP, my last night was spent in the Studios.

King Triton
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
It doesn't always work out this way, but we'll generally have a sit-down dinner in Epcot, then watch Illuminations.

GottaLvDisney
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Since this will be our 1st ever WDW trip, obviously we have no traditions, however I'm so excited about our plans for beginning & ending this trip I had to post.

The very 1st thing we're doing when we arrive is lunch @ CRT (for my 4 :princess:s) and the last thing we'll do before leaving is the MNSSHP. The girls will be all :princess:ed out from BBB and I'm hoping it'll be a blast. A perfect ending celebration! Who knows, it could become a tradition?

lightyearfan
05-01-2007, 01:24 PM
as a family tradition we always spend our last day at the most magical of parks, The Magic Kingdom! we start off with a nice breakfest at Boatwrights Dining Hall (POR), then it's off to the Kingdom, we'll do as much as we can and after dinner at The Plaza Resturaunt, we'll find a spot on Main Street get ready for the awesome Spectromagic, and then watch the Wishes Spectular, then it's off to see the Electric Water Pagent Parade. after this it's off to the monorail with a few wet eyes, we give 1 last look at the Kingdom and head off to Downtown Disney to finish up some shopping

VIctor