PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Mini Meet, MK, April 22nd.

pogo
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
2007 Disney Trip, Intercot Mini Meet,
April 22nd. At Magic Kingdom

Cast: Pogo: 10 year old Boy in a 56 year old Man’s body.
DW: Very Patient Wife who enjoys Disney !

Supporting Cast: Natazu, Sagessa, Mickey’sGirl, CanadianWDWFan, Niecyboo, Animalkingdomguy, Marlyn and Twin Sons, and Marlyn’s Parents

Reason: Celebrating our Intercot Mini Meet !

Here is the report that some of you have been waiting for, our Intercot Mini Meet.

The meet was scheduled for MK on Sunday, April 22nd because of EMH that night. Most of us wanted to plan for after “Spectromagic” so we decided to meet in front of the Jungle Cruise after the parade.

Patti and I thought we were being smart by waiting in Frontierland for the parade and figured after it went by we would walk to JC and be there before everybody else. WRONG ! That was the parade’s ending point. :doh:

By the time we arrived at JC we were mobbed by Intercotee’s saying, “glad you could make it” ! We all laughed and started the introductions.

In all there were 18 of us. Natazu and Sagessa, Mickey’sGirl, CanadianWDWFan, and two children, Niecyboo and Animalkingdomguy and three children, Marlyn, two children, and Marlyn’s parents, and Patti and I.

First up, Aloha Isle and Dole Whip’s for everybody that wanted to buy one. Next we went back to Jungle Cruise. This was Patti’s and mine first time and it was fun with the group.

We went to POC next and Marlyn’s boys were very funny. They became part of the props in the que area by sneaking ahead of us and pretending to be statues. When we came up to one of them, I’d say, “look…… Dummies”. The boys tried to keep a straight face, but it wasn’t working. Soon Harry, oldest son of Mickey’sGirl and CanadianWDWFan was joining in the fun.

From POC we went on HM and it was also fun with many jokes flying back and forth, but Marlyn’s sons were getting anxious to go over to ride Indy so they excused themselves. Brian and Jenn’s boys were getting tired and they decided to return to POFQ.

Somewhere along the line we lost Niecyboo, Animalkingdomguy and kids. Where did you guys go ?

That left Natazu, Sasgessa, Patti and I so we decided to walk over to The Laugh Floor Comedy Club to yuck it up with Mike. Rachel made it on the big screen this time, though I forgot what they said about her, and we all laughed and filled the tank.

We hitched a ride back to POFQ with Natazu and Sagessa which lead to the dining review I posted earlier in the report for Day Four. You can find the link there if you haven’t read it.

One other Intercotee said she would be there but failed to show. She was Disneydawniebeth. We hope you are OK. We missed you girl ! What happened to you?

And so we ended our night. We made lots of new friends and we can’t wait to see them again. All & all, a very good day at WDW.

Her are some pictures.http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558862035bUOYHD

Enjoy them as much as we did.:D

Dsnygirl
04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
:mickey: Pogo, thanks for sharing your Intercot Mini-Meet with us!! Sounds like you guys had a great time -- what fun. Looking forward to having a Mini-Meet of my own some day... sure seems like it's worth it! Glad to hear you had such a nice night. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing.

Caroleh
04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a great time, Buddy!!!! Someday, I hope we can get our mini-meet!!!:thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Pogo -

Thanks so much for your report on the mini-meet and the daily trip reports that you posted. It was so great reading all of them and feeling like I was there with you. I would absolutely love to meet up with you and your lovely bride on some future trip. I am trying to convince Brian & Jenn to come out west to DL in 2008. Maybe you could make it out then too!!

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the reports and especially the pictures! I figured out who everyone was, too :) Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sorry I missed you all by just a couple of days!

Bethanymouse
04-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks so much for sharing! It sounds and looks like you all had a great time. I hope to catch one of these mini meets this summer!:mickey:

Christine
04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
What a fun evening!! Very nice! :thumbsup: :mickey:

faline
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
What a fun evening! It's always great to meet other Intercotees!

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Great group pic! I think I was able to guess who everyone was, too. Thanks for sharing!

offwego
04-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Neat group pic!! Like the report very much. Those two rides would be fun with a group. Great idea. :thumbsup: :mickey: :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Patti and I thought we were being smart by waiting in Frontierland for the parade and figured after it went by we would walk to JC and be there before everybody else. WRONG ! That was the parade’s ending point. :doh:

By the time we arrived at JC we were mobbed by Intercotee’s saying, “glad you could make it” ! We all laughed and started the introductions.
We had about given up on you guys!!! Brian and I were ALONE WAITING FOR ABOUT 30 minutes before anyone came along!!! We thought we had forgotten the time or the location!! Then finally Natazu and Sagessa arrived -- then Niceyboo and Animalkingdomguy and their kids -- so we were a bit relieved! We decided to ride the Jungle Cruise -- with the hope that the rest of our party (Pogo and Patti and Marlyn and family) would be there when we got off --- and they were!
It was fun to meet everyone! The kids all seemed to get on well and enjoy each other's company -- and Marlyn's parents (who were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary) were really lovely to talk to! Marlyn's mom is from the same town my uncle lives in -- so we had lots to talk about! It was fun riding the big rides in a mob -- but unfortunately Niceyboo and Animalkingdomguy and thier family went to get some food, and we lost contact. We got some nice group shots -- unfortunately, we are missing their family.

Jimenyfan
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for posting Pogo, sounds like you all had a great time.

Natazu
05-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Rachel made it on the big screen this time, though I forgot what they said about her, and we all laughed and filled the tank.
It said "likes the attention"
I'm glad you brought us to the Laugh Floor. I love the place. It's a great attraction.

mrsgaribaldi
05-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Sounds like a great meet:mickey: Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Sounds like your Intercot Meet was a smashing success. Glad you all had such a good time together. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Thank for the report! :smickey:

TKDisneylover
05-06-2007, 11:21 AM
What a great mini meet! Thanks for sharing the pics. Thanks again for the report.