PDA

View Full Version : I need parade help!

kadesha
04-29-2007, 07:07 PM
We've never done the parades because our trips are usually so short. We will be staying a week this time, so I'd love some tips on where to stand for parades. I'd like places where it's not completely packed. Also, how long before each parade should I get to my spot? And is there any character interaction during the parades? Do parades happen if it is raining? As much info. as you can give me for all 3 parades please!! (AK, MGM, and MK)

Thanks!!

ghost999
04-29-2007, 08:13 PM
i personally think that on the parades you should get their early ( so you can get a good place) and probably sit near the beginning or the end :mickey:

Vanlandingham
04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
For MK, I've always thought that the circle at the beginning of Main Street by the train station is best for a few reasons. You can get a lot of different angles to view the parade plus if you plan on leaving the park right afterwards as many people do you won't have to fight too many people on your way out. If you can get a seat on the second level of the train station (they're hard to get) that is a cool spot as well.

For the Studios, we've bounced around spots a bit and the best that I've found is on Hollywood Blvd up near the Great Movie Ride. I have less experience on this one so you might want to get a few opinions for this.

And to be honest, I've never seen the AK parade. I should probably get on that.

ghost999
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
i have only seen Ak and the MK and the ak one is at the end and the beginning and i have to agree with the positions on the MK ride. :mickey:

Aggie97
04-30-2007, 02:08 AM
For the MK parades, I like to stand just across the bridge into Liberty Square, near the Christmas store and Sleepy Hollow. People don't seem to line up here as early as Main Street. The path narrows here, so you are very close to the parade, and the characters interact with kids quite a bit. If you stand in front of the Christmas shop (in front of the charicature artists), you can even get the castle in the background of your parade pictures!