PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional, please help!

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm over the moon! Do I have it right that it begins this year on November 23rd? Thats our last nite in the world for our upcoming and I'm thinking that will be a perfect way to end our trip! At least I think so! What can others tell me? Should it be a go? What is this dinner package about and should I do it? Let it be known I have "will we get a seat" anxiety and am thinking this might assure the 5 of us of a "good" seat? Is that accurate? What have others done? Dinner package or not? and have you liked it? I'm so excited, we will be attending the MVMCP on our first nite, and now this on our last, maybe. Woo Hoo! Oh! also, do I do this at our 180 mark, or is this worked differently?

RockChalkKimball
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Definately plan to go if you can. A couple of years ago we got to see Gary Sinise and it was wonderful!!! We did not get the dinner package, instead we stood in line. We were toward the front of the line and had to sit almost at the very back. The seats were fine, but I would have liked to have been closer so I could get better pictures. I think I would do the dinner package, just to be sure you get a good seat. It will be a beautiful way to start your holiday season!

DisneyDudet
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
OK, the dining package ensures you with entrance and a seat in the theater for a certain showing of the CP (there are 3 each night). You pay a certain price for the meals and there are different prices for different tiers. You will either eat before or after you viewing of CP. You still need to arrive at the theater of the Americas early and line up in the Dinner Package line. You are not assigned a seat, it is first come first serve, even though they do point you in directions you should go. You are not assured a "great view" but I've done it twice, and have never had a bad view.

If you don't do the dinner package, you will have to wait in line, and after most of the dinner package guests are seated, they will fill in the spaces with those waiting 'standby'. There is a chance that if you don't get the dinner package and don't get in line super early, that you could wait in line for nothing. I've heard some horror stories about how the standby line looked.

We have always booked outside the 180 day mark, as usually they announce when package reservations go on sale. I personally have not see the official dates for this year, but that doesn't mean they aren't out.

Here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp) is information and info from last year's CP and Dinner Package.

busterthebronco
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
get the dinner package.
its a great night and the best christmas deal there.
its beautiful!:tree: :santa: :tree:

ghost999
04-29-2007, 08:10 PM
this is gonna be our first time to the cp and from what ya'll have said on this we need to get the dp. :mickey:

Aggie97
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
The CP is a fantastic experience! We saw Gary Sinise on Christmas Eve at the 6:45 show. We did do the dining package, with a 4:00 seating at Le Cellier. We left the restaurant (excellent meal) a little after 5:00, walked over to the theater and found that the dining package line was already pretty well formed. We hadn't been planning to get in line quite that early, but we did so around 5:15. We had a good seat toward the back of the center section, but we were not under the roof covering. (That was a problem only because the sky opened up and it POURED right after we sat down. Due to the weather, the show's start time was slightly delayed.) I definitely would recommend the show. Have fun! :santa3:

LarryBoy
04-29-2007, 09:39 PM
We saw the CP this past year and it was the highlight of our Dec. trip. It was absolutely wonderful. If I had it to do over, however, I would definately do the diner package. If my son were not autistic, which allowed us to sit in a specia; area, we would not have gotten seats. You want to have good seats so that you can sit down, take it all in, and truly enjoy it. You'll be glad you did. :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
It's a WONDERFUL experience, and the dinner package really doesn't guarantee you a "good" seat. I've gone every year for the past five years, and just get into the standby line about an hour early. The lines for package guest's, and standby move at the same time. If you're the 50th person in the standby line, you'll get a better seat than the 100th person in the package line. Honest !!

They do allow enough seating for everyone that has a dinner package, but I'm usually under the roof, dead center. I always try to go on Tues. or Thurs., hoping for the better narrator in that time slot. Also, the early performance is less crowded.

Nov. 23rd, being a Friday, and the first night for CP, get in line EARLY, whichever route you decide on.:thumbsup:

floridamom
04-29-2007, 11:59 PM
After attending last year for the first time, I would HIGHLY recommend the CP--it would be a great finale for your trip. We did the dinner package w/dinner at Le Cellier first. As opposed to previous years, last year you could only attend a performance AFTER your meal time, therefore those who bought the package for the first show actually made lunch reservations at the various restaurants. We chose the package to lessen the need for a lengthy wait in line with our two young children. However, we still got in line about an hour before the start of the performance when we saw how many people (with the package) were already lining up when we left the restaurant. We were pretty far back in line, but we still ended up with fantastic seats.

Also, since we really wanted to eat at Le Cellier, I went ahead and made an ADR there even before they started selling the package, just in case I wasn't able to get the day/time we wanted. Then I called at 8AM the day the package went on sale. Once I knew I could get the package, I canceled my other ADR. The original CM had told me this was totally fine to do.

Again, this was a really special event. Have a great time!:mickey:

RAIDER
04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
The CP is an experience never to forget and i highly recommend it as a MUST SEE :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
04-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Get the dinner package.

1. The DP line is much shorter.

2. Hey, ya gotta eat.