PDA

View Full Version : Princess photos-SoG

wxnav
04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi, y'all. New to these boards, 'tho we've been Disney-philes for last 11 yrs. Usually stay at a WDW-owned property, but this time we'll be at Shades of Green & have a question about Character Photos: In the past, when we're at a WDW resort during our child's b'day, Guest Services was very good about arranging to get a Birthday Greeting photo (of a princess or other character) delivered to our room. Wondering if anyone knows any secrets for SOG guests? (Feel free to direct me to another forum - new guy here.) Thanks!

mudpuppysmom
04-29-2007, 03:30 PM
:welcome:

I would have to direct you to their Guest Services to see if they could help with this......since they are not owned or operated by Disney, I'm not sure they could arrange this, but I'd hope they could work something out for you!! You can email them or phone them, and they are good about getting you an answer fairly quickly.

If you were already a there a day or so, and they can't do it for you, maybe go to the Guest Relations at one of the parks and ask them to help you out.....I know you can have resort delivery of items, so if they sent something to SOG for you, you could pick it up and say they sent it for your daughter.....a special package for her to pick up.

Good luck, and I hope they can help you!

pcoleman
04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
SOG does not participate with the characters like the other hotels. Contact disney guest services to help you with this.

MonoMan
04-29-2007, 08:28 PM
We've celebrated several birthdays at WDW and always stayed at a WDW resort. During our last trip we celebrated our son's first birthday and I was extremely disappointed that they did nothing to acknowledge it (BC Villas); thankfully the staff at Chef Mickey's did a fantastic job at our prearranged birthday celebration. I think the reason I was disappointed by the resort staff was because we had actually mentioned it to them and in years past they had done things to acknowledge my husband's birthday (balloons, character card at WL) and we didn't mention it. My best guess is that it depends on the staff at that time. We are heading back for my son's third birthday and we will plan everything ourselves and if they add their own birthday surprise it will be an extra one. My advice would be to plan a surprise on your own that way you won’t be disappointed.

Marilyn Michetti
04-29-2007, 10:55 PM
SOG isn't a Disney resort, and in all the years that we've stayed there, I've never seen a Disney character on the property. Now, we're "cough" older, and don't notice all the kiddie perks.

SOG has a website with a direct phone #. Go to www.shadesofgreen.org

Good luck !:thumbsup:

skisurf2
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Actually on their web site they have picture of Mickey at a party.

Goes4FastPass
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Shades of Green sometimes gets a little poo-pooed because it's not really Disney. What it is, is a balance of quality convenience and price unrivaled anywhere at WDW.

A photo delivered to your room, even at a Disney Resort would probably be an expensive proposition.

I'm probably the save-a-buck curmudgeon among this group but I would reccomend:

1. Make arrangements for a character meal on your child's birthday. Birthday child is a girl? Boy? Age? - That would effect my top pick.

2. When you arrive at the park go to guest services and ask for a Birthday Button - "Today is My Birthday".

3. When you get to your character meal make a big deal about pointing out who's having a birthday in your party and take pictures.

4. Later, return to SOG, tuck in birthday child

5. Sit on your balcony and think about the wonderful family vacation you're having and all the money you're saving.

PS: BBB is also a great little girl birthday treat.