Wolfgang Puck Café Review - April 07
Food Quality: 4
Atmosphere: 4.5
Service: 4
Menu Creativity: 5
Presentation: 5
Value: 4.5
Overall: 4.5

We got to the restaurant about 10 minutes early and were taken right to a table on the patio. Normally, I don’t request patio tables but it was really nice out. Our server was friendly, but seemed a little distracted, forgetting to refill water glasses and thinking that he had brought the dessert menu when he had not. It was still a good experience, but the service was not as top notch as we had expected.

Blue Lump Crab Cakes with sweet corn relish, roasted red pepper remoulade
Perfectly cooked and seasoned crab cakes. The relish complemented the spice in the remoulade nicely. Beautifully done.

Barbeque Chicken Quesadilla with pico de gallo, guajillo chili sauce, citrus sour cream
This quesadilla never fails to please. If you’re not a fan of spicy-hot food, ask them to hold the chili sauce and give this dish a shot.

Pumpkin Ravioli with brown butter sauce with fried sage, port wine glaze, toasted pine nuts and aged parmesan – add chicken
People are afraid of dishes that contain things that don’t seem to go together. Puck (or Wolfy as apparently some call him) is a master of finding flavors that work well together when others wouldn’t think to pair them. This dish is no exception. While it may be as shocking as a stay of execution on American Idol, pumpkin ravioli makes a great entrée. I highly recommend this piece of culinary art.

Original Veal Wienerschnitzel with warm potato salad and baby greens
Veal – light breading, fried but not greasy, tender and moist - enough to share
Warm potato salad – it took some getting used to, as it was really vinegary. Not what you expect out of a potato… or a salad for that matter
Baby greens – just field greens with a light parmesan dressing

Key Lime Pie - baked meringue in a graham cracker crust
Good consistency, but not enough lime. The meringue was light and not too sweet. This was good, but could have been stellar if it had been just a bit more tart.

New York Style White Chocolate Cheesecake - with raspberry coulis
Kind of plain, I can’t say that I liked it. It’s a shame they stopped serving the chocolate fondue.

dumbo ears
04-29-2007, 02:48 PM
well i still really like the place myself.

wendy*darling
04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the review Jym. We are thinking about trying this place for the first time on our August trip.
I think I would enjoy the pumpkin ravioli, and have read about it in several places.
(and it's sounds a little more yummy than roadkill... for my tastes, anyway! ;) )

SBETigg
04-29-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin ravioli. The ones that I've had have been too sweet for my taste, but Puck's sounds good and everything else sounds fantastic. Thanks for the review.

rsumrall
04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Always love your reviews, Jym. Insightful, honest, and inspiring (me to eat).

Pop Centurion
04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Nice review. Thanks for sharing.

TBY2225
04-30-2007, 08:55 AM
We are trying Wolfgang's Cafe in September! Thanks for the review. I have been wanting to try the pumpkin ravioli!