PDA

View Full Version : Qusetion about charcoal grill at FW

Butchiem1
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Me and my 2 DSs are going to WDW and staying in a Cabin at FW :thumbsup: .

I have 1 or 2 questions about the Charcoal Grill at the cabin.

I know you can buy charcoal and matches at the trading post, but how hard is it to start the grill? Do you need Lighter fluid, or does the charcoal they sell have the fluid in it (I heard they make charcoal like that)?

I have never used a charcoal grill before, so I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to get the grill working :confused: .

Also, does anyone know the prices of the stuff needed (charcoal, matches, lighter fluid) from the trading post?

Thanks a ton

Nathan

faline
04-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Will you have a car with you? Will you be doing lots of cooking at your cabin? If so, you may want to head over to an area Wal-Mart or similar store to pick up what you need. Or, if you're driving, bring what you need with you.

It's been years since I've used a charcoal grill. I believe they now make quick start coals for which you do not need lighter fluid. I'm not sure how it works now but it would often take 1/2 hour or more before the coals were ready to cook on. Then the coals would continue to heat for quite a while after you no longer needed them.

Generally, you spread the charcoal briquettes in an even row in the bottom of the grill. Then you light them and wait for them to be ready to cook on.

EtteDMS
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
The Matchlite brand needs no lighter fluid. We use it all the time and, for the size of the grill at Ft. Wilderness, your coals should be ready in 20 minutes after lighting them. There's never a problem getting them started. One note. We've never found Matchlight at Goodings, the grocer closest to DW, but I'm sure any other grocer or Wal-Mart would have it.

Butchiem1
04-30-2007, 12:11 AM
ettedms, iif you can't find it at wdw, then where do u buy it from? do you buy it from the trading posts at fw?