PDA

View Full Version : Crashing...

jjramsey
04-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I know that VMK is very crowded this weekend and people have been reporting crashing, but this seems to be as bad as the earlier days!

Also, several of us (on different computers) have been having an unusual problem. When we are typing and hit a backspace to correct an error, we get knocked out of VMK and the screen goes back to a login. The backspace key is directly related to the problem. If you are having the same, until it is fixed, press enter twice to purge the line of type with the error, then rekey info.

Must be VMK's way to get the typing accuracy up with users :humph:

Since the new rides have come in, we are also getting more out of memory and resource errors...even on a computer with 1gig of RAM!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-29-2007, 05:41 PM
It really stinks that I dc or crash every two rides. Complete waste of credits, not to mention time :rolleyes: Sometimes every hour I try to make up for my credits with a quick round of Music Mix Game, but sometimes I crash before my hour is up and I don't have enough time to do any more games. :(

JPL
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Also, several of us (on different computers) have been having an unusual problem. When we are typing and hit a backspace to correct an error, we get knocked out of VMK and the screen goes back to a login. The backspace key is directly related to the problem. If you are having the same, until it is fixed, press enter twice to purge the line of type with the error, then rekey info.

This is an Explorer setting I know Particia had the same problem changed a setting in Explorer and solved the problem. Hopefully she will be along soon to help you solve the problem.

TinkRocks
04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Must be VMK's way to get the typing accuracy up with users :humph:

:rotfl: Considering how limited the VMK dictionary is, and how we are used to 'dictionary dancing' - I had to laugh!

WDWfanatic742
04-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I couldn't find the option to stop going back when you use the backward's key, but I know its somewhere. Hopefully Patricia is here soon to tell where she found it at.

BTW, anyone else notice that the only upside to the new loading system that I have seen is that the things in the shops load a whole lot faster? Besides that not much...

varcity
04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Didn't patti change browsers rather than change an option?

I didn't crash at all today. just smooth riding (not to mention I was 2-0 coaching today for my first and second coaching wins :mickey:)

The loading system seems to be non-existant? I still take a long time to initially load everyday, thought things were supposed to be stored on my computer? But in between screens? maybe a split second quicker. I think this is more for the slower machines than the faster ones.

missastrocat
04-30-2007, 06:21 AM
I was having the same problem with Internet Explorer, and changed over to use Firefox..

I still have my disconnect issues, but that seems to be because of my lovely computer, not VMK.

jjramsey
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
:dance: Congrats on your anniversary Miss.Astro.Cat !!! :dance:

(Just noticed your sig)

RicksCafe
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
BTW, anyone else notice that the only upside to the new loading system that I have seen is that the things in the shops load a whole lot faster? Besides that not much...
I've noticed significant improvement in speed when I click on the Shop button. When doing a room-build, I hated to have to shop for new things because it took so long to load the shop window. But now, no problem.

Also, my initial log-in load time has decreased by 40%... a good thing. Overall, I'm a happier camper with these new changes.

Now, if only we could do something about the rude pirates... hmm.

Ricks (who gets back on topic when he quotes Oscar Wilde: "The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.")

Patricia
04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier. :blush:

To remedy the backspace issue:

Once I figured out it was an explorer7.0 issue.. and not my new computer or VMK, I switched browers. I now only use the Mozzila Firefox browser to run VMK. You can still keep Explorer as your default browser if you want to.

BTW - I love the shop windows fast load time!

Figgyluv03
04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I've only been on for like five minutes and it crashed on me. I didn't think you could use firefox! I'll try that the next time.

Patricia
05-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Firefox started having it's own backspace issues for me and some others. This includes backing up two spaces and not being able to set the curser to back up in the middle of a sentence. I went back to IE7 and it's no longer booting me back to the login, but is now doing the exact same as firefox. I wrote to VMK just over a week ago asking for advise but have heard nothing ack yet. If anyone has this issue worked out please post a solution.

Patricia
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I've been doing some research and it would seem that others have had this issue with Norton products.. which makes sense in my case. My other two computers use different virus protection and they work fine. This new laptop came with a Norton 60 day trial that I left on. It would seem when VMK did their update (this problem started for all of us at the same time) the backspace stopped working because Norton blocks the proper code page from being installed in the browser.

Anyone else with this backspace problem running MacAfee or Norton ?

Uninstalling Norton is my next plan of attack.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Internet Explorer 7 works fine for me. My friend has the same and it doesn't bother her. I think it's my computer's mouse. Installed before I got it maybe. (Probably just on laptops with the touch pad). My friend who has IE7 has a different computer but she has no problems with it. So maybe it's just the mouse :)

Blue Genie
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes I'm having trouble as well and I have MacAfee. oN aol.

WDWfanatic742
05-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I have Norton Protection Center which has all of the Norton products in one program and VMK runs fine with Norton on.

Patricia
05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Fan.. and your running the new IE7 with Norton?

Many people started having this problem on the same day using the same systems we had been using fine the day before... I wish Support from VMK would get back to me. Hopefully more people will report it and they will look into it.

I'm running Vista with (IE7 or Firefox) and Norton. Both browsers are having the same problem.. although it's nice not to be booted back to the login page. Sigh.

RenDuran
05-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm using Norton and IE7 and haven't had any problems....knock on wood!

WDWfanatic742
05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Yup, IE 7 with Norton running and it works perfectly fine.

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Yup, IE 7 with Norton running and it works perfectly fine.

Yep same here:thumbsup: