PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Clan in the CASTLE!

Pages : [1] 2

Emily
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi all! :hi:

I am playing messenger because I am just too excited... Ian (WDWacky) just called me from WDW to tell me that he and the family just won a night in the castle!!!! :clappy: :muscles: :thumbsup: How cool is that?!!? They are staying there tonight, I believe... he's off dealing with the details. So I am expecting some very cool and very detailed trip reports from him, hopefully very soon! (And LOTS of pictures!)

Stay tuned! :mickey:

PirateLover
04-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Wacky family!!! I'm sure Taylor is over the moon. I can't WAIT to hear the details:mickey: :thumbsup:

Goofeygal
04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
OH MY GOSH I WOULD JUST HAVE FAINTED!!!!! IF that were to happen to me. How great of a prize is that. He must be busting at the seams with excitment. I will be very excited to see this trip report.:mickey: :thumbsup: :cloud9:

merlinmagic4
04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
That is amazing!!!!!!!!!! Wow, how lucky are they? I can't wait to hear the reports :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
WOW!!!! I'm speechless for them!!!! I can't imagine winning something like that......they might need the heart difib machine for me!!! I CAN'T wait to hear all the details!!!!

AWESOME, :cloud9: AWESOME, :cloud9: AWESOME!!!!:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

SBETigg
04-29-2007, 11:46 AM
How cool! I'm so happy for the whole Wacky family-- can't wait to hear about it!

Caroleh
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
WOW!!!! Ian must be flying high!!!! I can't wait to hear the details!!!:cloud9: :cloud9:

kakn7294
04-29-2007, 12:39 PM
That's awesome!!!! I can't wait for the details and the pics!!!

magicofdisney
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
unbelievable

d_m_n_n
04-29-2007, 01:06 PM
OMG HOW EXCITING FOR THEM!!! I can't wait to read his trip report for this!! I know they are appreciating every minute and sucking in every ounce of magic (unlike that lame reporter that did a review of the Castle)!!

:congrats: Congratulations to the Wacky Family! :congrats:

wildernesslady
04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow, that is fabulous. Have a great time.

poeticeclipse
04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
:cloud9: How exciting!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm soooo jealous but sooo happy that someone from Intercot won! .....one can only dream!!

Ian
04-29-2007, 01:29 PM
:faint:

That was me when it happened ...

I don't actually have much time to post, because they're coming to pick us up in like 45 minutes but I'll give what detail I can ...

So this was one of those things where like 1,000 different things happened to lead to this point. We were supposed to meet friends of ours down here today and we couldn't decide where to meet them. At the last minute, we switched to Animal Kingdom.

So then our friends were late meeting us there and we missed the first ride on Everest. We had to get fastpasses. Our friend wanted to ride the Safari, so we did that. Stopped at the bathroom twice, got held up right as we were about to get on the ride so they could let some standby people on ...

Anyway, all this resulted in my being in the fourth seat on our Everest train when it pulled back into the station. I immediately saw the Dream Team there and noticed they were looking right at me. I thought maybe we had won dream fastpasses, but I wasn't sure because they didn't seem focused on anyone else ... just me.

When I got off the woman introduced herself and said, "I'd like you to meet Paul from our Dream Team. He has some exciting news for you ... "

So he says to us, "Is this your whole party?" and we're like no ... our kids and our friend are down by the monkeys. He's like, "Well let's go get them! You may have won a prize!"

So we had to walk allllllllllll the way down to get the kids and then allllllllllll the way back to the ride. So there's like four of them there and they pull out this DVD player ... let's see what you've won!

So they turn it on and ... it breaks. It's skipping and jumping around and we're like what the heck did we win??? Finally it comes up and says, "A Stay "

And it freezes again and we're like a stay where?? I thought maybe we had won a free trip or a resort upgrade or something. After about 10 seconds it comes up, "In Cinderella's Castle!!" and we're like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

So they take us back to this VIP lounge at DInosaur and we fill out all the paperwork and stuff. They're totally treating us like VIP's ... moving around reservations for us, offering to get us into shows and stuff ... bringing us sodas and stuff ... taking our pictures ... they were so nice!!

So now we're back at the hotel. We have to pack up and they're going to come pick us up at our hotel at 2PM and take us over to be Grand Marshals in the parade. After that I'm not sure what comes next ... I know we have dinner at the Castle at 6PM and we get VIP viewing for Spectromagic and Wishes ... beyond that though it's all a big mystery!

I'll take TONS of pictures and write up a full detailed report when I come back!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!

sgdisney
04-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I could certainly "hear" the excitement in Ian's post! Can't wait to hear more about it. What an amazing day and night this will be for the Wacky family.

BigRedDad
04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Nothing to say but :congrats:

Enjoy that once in a lifetime opportunity. Maybe they will pull a Willy Wonka and offer you the entire park after :cheers:

d_m_n_n
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I just got goose bumps reading his post! How very, very exciting for them. Can't wait to hear the rest...DON'T KEEP US WAITING, WACKY!!! WHEN YOU GET HOME WE WANT ALL THE DETAILS! :D

Dsnygirl
04-29-2007, 03:12 PM
:mickey: WOW!! That is SO GREAT!! They must be so excited... I can't wait to hear all the details! That is wonderful for them!! :D

faline
04-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow, Ian! That's really exciting! Have a wonderful time! What a special trip this will be for you and your family!

MissStyles
04-29-2007, 05:16 PM
This news is just TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!! I'm so GLAD someone from INTERCOT won it. You totally deserve it.....can't wait to hear a true report on a stay in the castle!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
That is great news!!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to read your reports. I'm sure you are having a great time:mickey:

TiggeRia
04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS WACKY FAMILY!!
I love to hear (actually read) these stories!
I can't wait to read all about it in your trip reports!

DVC2004
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh how cool! Congrats!

glenpreece
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow!!!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see all the pics and hear all of the details.

princessgirls
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Ian,

HOW GREAT!!! I can't wait to read the reports!

What a fabulous thing to happen!!!

Congratulations!!

Julie:mickey:

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I am so happy for you and your family! I cannot wait to see the pictures! My DH made me read your post to him because he was so impressed!

Yeah for you! :clappy:

wendy*darling
04-29-2007, 08:54 PM
So very cool! :mickey:

Spectromagic is scheduled to start in just 10 minutes- I bet they are hearing that announcement right now--- from their VIP seating area!!

What a day this must have been- and the BEST part is still coming up!

:princess: Way to go Wacky Family!! :princess:

pogo
04-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Good for you ! :thumbsup:

:congrats:

I can't wait to read your trip reports. :D

RedSoxFan
04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
That is awesome. I can't wait to hear more and see pictures. Hope you all are having a great time!!

Bethis26fan
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
That is so cool, can't wait to hear all about it.

GusNJacque
04-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh my gosh! How wonderful. They are probably coming coming back to the castle any time now.

I can't to hear about it from one of OUR own. Someone who can truly appreciate the grandness of it all. :cool:

Piglet822
04-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I was lucky enough to be at the parks today and was totally shocked when Ian called and told me of their Dream Come True!!!
I was able to get a pic of the Wacky Family in the parade. it's not the best photo but you can sure see those smiles :)

The Wacky's (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2861332540043161108orMRDb)

jennbunn
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
congrats to you and the family!!! :cloud9: can not wait to read the trip report!!!! :)

ElenitaB
04-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm so excited for the Wacky's that I can hardly sleep tonight, knowing that they're in the Castle RIGHT NOW! :muscles:

Hope they're having a magical night! Can't wait to hear all about it!

BriarRose0708
04-30-2007, 01:24 AM
That's fantastic!!!! I can't wait to see pictures and read about your magical stay!:mickey:

Jimenyfan
04-30-2007, 06:25 AM
That is so COOL, congratulations. I see you also got some YOAMD ears. My family won them on our stay in april.

Bethanymouse
04-30-2007, 06:58 AM
That is so exciting! I love it that one of our own won! Thanks for letting us know!:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Wow, one of our own - how unbelievably cool! I can't wait to read his trip report!:thumbsup:

Christine
04-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow! That is amazing!

January-2007
04-30-2007, 09:36 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! That is just the coolest thing ever! My day is going to be so much better just knowing this. I can't wait for the trip reports! How very exciting and wonderful! It really can happen to anyone! Thanks for sharing! :cloud9:

PirateLover
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the pic, Jeanne!!! I am just so happy for them :D :mickey:

KylesMom
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
WOW this is so unbelievable! And you know what? Just reading everyone's responses to the news that one of "ours" won is tremendous. It just goes to show you what an incredible community we have here.

Now - bring on the details, Ian!:mickey:

Ian
04-30-2007, 11:18 AM
:jaw:

We're back!! They just dropped us back off at Pop a few minutes ago.

So ... I won't keep you waiting ... here's what it was like:

So I already told you how we won and what that was like. I'll pick up from where they got us at our resort ...

We're in the lobby at Pop and a VIP Tour Guide comes up to us to pick us up. She takes us out front to a big Suburban with a Disney logo on the door and we get in for the ride to Magic Kingdom. We entered the park via backstage ... if you've ever ridden the monorail and looked down near the entrance you can see a little guard booth there (between the Contemporary and the MK gates). That's the entrance we went in.

We walked out from backstage and onto Main Street and they took us all the way up to Frontierland where we waited for our parade to start. This was in the little backstage area behind Splash Mountain where the train crossing is. There were a few marching bands that came through while we were there, which Taylor really liked. Jake wasn't a big fan of the train whistle, though. It scared him silly every time the train came by!

Finally our little car came to pick us up and we climbed in. They gave us those special YoaMD mouse ears (the silver ones that you can only get if you win them) then they took our picture in the car (which had a banner on the side that said Castle Suite Winners!) and then we were joined by Daisy Duck. Taylor loved that!

When the parade started they announced us over the PA system in the park (Join us in congratulating the Mitchell family from Colmar, PA!, etc.). So we cruised the parade route and waved and smiled at everyone. It was really cool! Everyone was waving at us and smiling and yelling to us. Taylor was in her glory! She's giving her princess wave to everyone and smiling.

So we arrive down on Main Street and they give us a VIP spot to sit for the rest of the parade. After that we had to put our special YoaMD ears on and have our publicity photo taken. And then it was time to actually go see the suite!

They walk us up under the Castle and to the "Magic Door" that takes us up to the room. Our guide knocks on the door and another CM answers and lets us into the entry way. There we board the "autoMagic" elevator up to the suite lobby.

The lobby is gorgeous! There's all these panels from Cinderella around the ceiling and a glass display case with a pumpkin and Cindy's crown and glass slipper. They gave us special room keys that say, "Cinderella Castle Suite" on the top that Taylor used to let us into the suite itself.

There's really not much to say other that yes ... it's as unbelieveable as it looks. It's so plush and fancy it's just crazy. I could spend a year in the bathroom alone. It has this great shower stall and a HUGE whirlpool tub that has a star field above it. The tub also has lights in it that change color, so you get this great atmosphere lighting under the water. There are these beautiful, one of a kind mosaics all around the tub and it has one of those cool waterfall faucets to fill with.

The sink area has two of these bronze, deep basin sinks and these old-fashioned faucets. You get special bathrobes to wear, monogrammed with Cindy's "C" logo and all the bath towels also have her logo on them.

In the main room there is a writing desk that has all these great knick-knacks in it (like little slippers and crowns and stuff) and then the two queen-sized beds with Cindy's logo above them. Next to the one bed is a big stained glass window and there's a HUGE portrait of Cinderella above the faux fireplace that actually morphs into a big plasma T.V. when you push the "secret" button.

Off the bedroom is the parlor that has two really big stained glass windows (one looks out over Fantasyland and one looks up into Liberty Square) and another plasma T.V. In this room is a fridge stocked with drinks and two DVD players (one for the bedroom and one for the parlor). There's a big "royal" looking sofa and a little futon. In a case by the one window is a telescope that you can use to look out the windows. Although honestly it didn't work very well at all because of the stained glass.

So they gave us the choice of relaxing in the suite or going out in the parks for awhile before dinner. We opted to stay in the suite, so Taylor watched a movie in the parlor while Trish and I relaxed and Jake took a little nap. I gave the whirlpool a try, too. Very luxurious!

Around 5:15, our friends who won with us came back to the park and they came up to the suite to hang out for awhile. At 5:45, they came up and took us down to CRT for dinner, which was fun. Taylor got a special meet and greet with Cinderella and they took a ton of pictures for us (which they gave us for free).

Dinner was really good (most of us got the prime rib which was yummy and Brian got the chicken, which he said was good too). During the meal they announced us to the room and we got a big round of applause, which was fun. Taylor really ate it up.

merlinmagic4
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow! That's all I can think of to say! I am so thrilled for you and your family :) Easily the experience of a lifetime, huh? Hope you'll share some pictures later ;) Continue to enjoy your trip!

Ian
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
After dinner, we went out into the parks to hit some rides. Our VIP guide said he'd take us right to the front of all the lines, no waiting, so we took full advantage!

We rampaged through Fantasyland and tried to get on Haunted Mansion but it broke down. By the time we finished Fantasyland it was time for Spectromagic, so we walked down through the Castle to our viewing area. Unfortunately, Jake had absolutely had it by this time and was wiped out. He was cranky as anything so Trish decided to take him back to the suite to sleep.

It was just Taylor, Brian, Jo and I who went to watch Spectro. This part was a teeny-weeny bit of a letdown. The VIP area we went to had a bunch of other people there and they didn't even have any seats left for us. We had to sit on the ground. The area itself was right on the little bridge between the castle hub and Liberty Square, so it was a good spot but I could sit on the ground anywhere, you know? But Taylor loved the parade and got lots of attention from the characters. She really enjoyed it, so it was okay with me too!

The fireworks viewing was even odder though, because our "VIP area" was nothing more than standing in the hub area with all the rest of the people. In fact, we couldn't even really see because some guy stood right in front of us the entire time. Even so, though, it was still incredible.

After the fireworks ended, we went back to riding the rides. We hit Tomorrowland and finished up Fantasyland, too. By this time it was like 11:30 and Taylor was just wiped out (I was pretty beat myself really) so we headed back to the suite for the night.

pogo
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
This was so cool and it was even cooler for you to report on it so quickly.:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

offwego
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
What a fantastic report and what great luck!!

Ian your family looks pretty thrilled in the photo Jeanne shared.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. What a treat!!:party: :mickey: :party:

glenpreece
04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
That is the kind of stuff dreams are made of!!! I am so jealous!!!!

DVC2004
04-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow, what an incredible experience! I am so happy for you guys. Congrats again and thanks for sharing!

Piglet822
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Ian, thanks for the quick report. Taylor sounds like she had a fabulous time :thumbsup:
Now, where are the pics?????? :)

aprilisis
04-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the awesome report & Congrats on winning the stay in the suite!!

BelleCiavo
04-30-2007, 12:41 PM
How wonderful to have a VIP guide :thumbsup: Thanks for updating us on all the festivities. :mickey:
Karen

kakn7294
04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Ian, I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing - it's so great to hear that one of our own won. It's almost as good as winning myself. My last thought last night before I went to sleep was: "Wow, someone from Intercot is sleeping in the Castle tonight and I get to hear all about it!" I can't wait to see those pictures - I loved the one Jeanne posted - how great was it that she was there to share in your magical moment!

FriendsofMickey
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Congratulations! and Thanks for Sharing your experience!
What a dream! :cloud9: :mickey:

Jasper
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, Ian's description of how they won should hopefully go a long way in helping to dispell the rumours that there is some way of "working the system" to make sure you win.

Congrats, I am so happy that we finally have someone who has been on the inside for the full experience!! It gives the rest of us hope that it might happen to us!

wendy*darling
04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
How magical!
I'd opt to hang out in the suite too- rides I can do anytime. I've seen pics of that whirpool- and it really does look amazing- I am so glad you gave it a try!

Dinner sounded good. I'm glad your friends were able to join you for that and come up to see the suite. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the rest of your trip now.:D

BrerGnat
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
So Ian, still think the YOAMD is the most boring promotion ever??? ;)

I'm SO happy your family won, though! I enjoyed reading about it and can't wait to see the pictures.

:clappy:

poeticeclipse
04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Ahh! Thanks so much for the report! I'm so excited to see the pictures. I've been telling every Disney fan that I know all about how "a family from Intercot, the online community that I'm a member of, won a stay in Cindy's castle!!"

I'm so happy for you and your family. What an experience that must have been! I bet you couldn't come down from cloud 9 for quite a while. What a change you had to go back to... Cindy's castle to Pop! haha. I'd love to hear about what its like when its time to go the next morning. That's one thing I haven't heard much about anywhere.

Congrats again!!!!:party: :party:

d_m_n_n
04-30-2007, 02:16 PM
My last thought last night before I went to sleep was: "Wow, someone from Intercot is sleeping in the Castle tonight and I get to hear all about it!"

That was my thought exactly!! I am so excited for the Wacky family to have this amazing experience. Thank you for taking time out of your trip to update us on the suite. Enjoy the rest of your trip! :D

mudpuppysmom
04-30-2007, 03:42 PM
WOW, what a 180 from the report that bonehead reporter gave........I'm SO glad you guys enjoyed your stay!!! I just smiled the whole time I read the details!!!

I heard that Ian took about 100 or so pics, so we'll get to see ALL the details!!!!!

Yeah for Taylor living it up as a special princess!!!:cloud9:

magicman
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I can visual the whole thing playing out in my mind, and I got chills thinking about the unbelievable excitement that must be a part of something like this.

Congrats & thanks a ton for taking the time to let us live off the excitement.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Congratulations!! :mickey: That is one wonderful dream :cloud9:

Hammer
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
One of the thoughts I had last night was "Ian or Trish better enjoy that incredible Jacuzzi tonight!" Sounds like the suite was great, though there does seem to be some minor glitches to the "VIP" seating. You would think they would have had that worked out by now.

Sleeping tonight at Pop has definitely got to seem like a letdown after last night!

MauiMouse
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Congratulations Ian and family on your stay in the Castle! :thumbsup:

DisneyLandMomma
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
OMGosh...how exciting!! :congrats:

It sounds FABULOUS!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Lucille
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Congratulations Ian!!

ElenitaB
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
How amazing! I bet Princess Taylor's feet still aren't touching the ground, huh?

So, Ian, do you and Trish have major plans for remodeling your bathroom at home now? ;)

Caroleh
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Jeanne!!!

Thanks for the updates, Ian!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!! The suite sounds wonderful!!:thumbsup:

TKSax
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats Thats Awesome! :thumbsup:

Emily
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
So Ian, still think the YOAMD is the most boring promotion ever??? ;)

I was ragging on him about that, too! :D That, and the fact that he won it at the Animal Kingdom, which we all know is Ian's most favorite park in all of the World. :rolleyes: :razz: Ah the irony!

Ian
05-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Pictures!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ianijm/album/576460762400048933

Lucille
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Hooray! Thanks Ian. I'm so happy that your family was chosen.

DVC2004
05-01-2007, 08:20 AM
What great pictures- the suite looks just like you described it! And, you have a beautiful family. Too cool!:D

BelleCiavo
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, neat pictures. Crowds look to be low. Hope the rest of your trip is marvelous too.
Karen

Diznee4Me
05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Congrats on the castle stay. :thumbsup: That is pretty cool.:cool:

I was ragging on him about that, too! :D That, and the fact that he won it at the Animal Kingdom, which we all know is Ian's most favorite park in all of the World. :rolleyes: :razz: Ah the irony!

I have also noticed over the years on Intercot that AK is his least favorite park. I wonder if it gets bumped up now? :D I think it should at least warrent third place!:D

poeticeclipse
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks Ian for the pictures!! How amazing!!!! I can't believe one of our own stayed in Cindy's castle. Somehow, as weird as it sounds, it makes me that much more proud to be an Intercotee....:mickey:

offwego
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
The pictures are great thanks so much! And that's a good question. How do you feel about AK and Year of magic promo now Ian? Must be a least a teeney tiny bitter better now no?

kakn7294
05-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your magical day Ian! It almost made me like I was there. Your family and the castle suite are beautiful - Taylor looks like she played the part of little Princess to the hilt! And I guess you're going to be eating a little crow along with that prime rib - maybe it's not such a lame promotion now, huh?

kadesha
05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
OMG!!!!!!! I can't wait to read the trip report!!!!!! :thumbsup:

faline
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
What great pics! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
What great pics!!!!!:cloud9: You'll have to let us know how you like AK now!!!!

Piglet822
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Ian, the pics are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us so quickly.
BTW, this is Jake's first trip to WDW, isn't it? You're going to be hard pressed to top it, you know :)

tinkerbell04
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
How awesome!!! Thanks for posting so that we can all share!!!:cloud9:

RedSoxFan
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time!!

Diznee4Me
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Had to get home so the DSl could download the photos. Great! I especially like the balcony shot. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing them with us.

The Bookseller
05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Thank you for sharing!

Ian
05-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks, everyone. It was really an amazing experience ... one we definitely did not think we'd ever have!

We keep walking around pinching ourselves ... Was that real???

vamaggie
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks Ian for letting all of us share this once in a lifetime experience with you--it is almost as good as being there myself(sort of!). I have been getting goosebumps each report I read--how exciting for you and your family!!!! Thanks for all the pics too--really amazing!!!

Mikey Piano 23
05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Rock on! Congrats!!!!!

Santuitman
05-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Congrats!!!
Glad it happened to "one of our own!!"

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
05-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow! It was cool to hear of all the extra perks you get along with the suite.

And I'm dying to know, what did you get to keep from the room?...soap, shampoo, stationary, etc. I assume the robes and towels stayed.

Again, wow.

murphy1
05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
That is so awesome, Ian!!!!!!! I know Taylor must be beside herself!! How will you ever top this one!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
What an amazing experience for you and your family!! Congratulations!!! :party: Great pics.

We are hoping *Taylor* might be good luck for our trip. It is our DD's name too!! ;) :cloud9:

Septbride2002
05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh! My! Gosh!

Someone I've actually had a conversation with won the magically suite! It's almost as good as being there myself!:thumbsup:

~Amanda

PS - after looking through all of the photos - I must asked....how was it waking up and looking out a window to an empty park? Did you stay up late just watching people and seeing Main Street all empty at night?

battle beast
05-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I am so very excited and happy for you all!!!

When I was in WDWR, last October, they didn't seem to want to pick little ol' me or my frined, I still maintain they ONLY pick families (Has any ONE or groupe of wver one some thing?!?!?)

Anyway, I hope when I am down in Florida in November I can win a big prize! Even a dream Fast Pass would be kick'n!!!

Congrats again!!! i am sooo Jealous!!! I am so very excited and happy for you all!!!

When I was in WDWR, last October, they didn't seem to want to pick little ol' me or my frined, I still maintain they ONLY pick families (Has any ONE or groupe of wver one some thing?!?!?)

Anyway, I hope when I am down in Florida in November I can win a big prize! Even a dream Fast Pass would be kick'n!!!

Congrats again!!! i am sooo Jealous!!! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Ian, congratulations to you and your family.:donald:
This makes me very happy to see that just regular park visitors really are able to enjoy this special promotion.
Thank you for sharing this magical time and your pictures with us.

brewcrew26
05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Couldn't have happened to a better family! Thanks for the pictures -- will probably be the closest I get to the Cindy Suite! :mickey:

c&d
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Congratulations. That must have been such a wonderful experience.

mrsgaribaldi
05-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Great pictures Ian:mickey: Thanks for getting them tp us so quickly. I am so happy that you guys won. It looks like you all had a great time. The kids are adorable:thumbsup:

AliceinDisney
05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow thats so freakin amazing! You're so lucky :)

I hope something happens for me when I go to WDW this year, it would just make my year :) Even if I just win a little mouseketeer hat! heeh

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Incredible!!!! Congratulations! I bet you are still in a state of disbelief... I know I would be. That is just absolutely amazing. I'm going to look at your pictures again. We'll be back home in September...*crossing fingers*... maybe, just maybe. Why even kid myself. I have never won anything in my life. I'm gonna go sulk as I look at your pictures again:mickey:

Mickey91
05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow!!! How awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more and see the pics!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!:mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

dizne4me
05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
What a great day! I could definitely feel the excitement in Ian's post. I am so jealous! But so happy for him and his family---I hope he takes lots and lots of pictures.

DizNee143
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
that is soo awesome!!! thank you so much for sharing your expereince with us!!! :mickey:

eam
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
How absolutely wonderful!!! It is just so great that Ian, and his family, who totally understand and appreciate the Disney way, (unlike a certain AP reporter) would be picked for this great wish. Hope you had a great time and can't wait to see photos. Hopefully, we will be granted a wish in 3 1/2 weeks.

Catzle
05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow that is the best. I think not waiting in any line for a ride would just be the coolest! Congrats!! We are going in 10 days I can feel the magic already!

Marker
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
WOW!!!! That is just so totally awesome.

ChipDale
05-02-2007, 12:38 PM
:congrats: Ian and Trish!

Thanks for sharing the experience with us! :mickey:

ImagiAsh
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow! Obviously a lot of jealousy here as I'm sitting down to read this! But, really, I am so happy for you...what a terrific experience! I'm curious to know, did they give you any rules as far as not going out of your room after the park closes?

Flower
05-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow Ian!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :D

richardsa98
05-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I can picture myself lounging in the hot tub right now!!!! Hopefully in June, someone will sprinkle some pixie dust on our family too! My three year old would love it:thumbsup:

illini
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
How sad am I that I teared up reading Ian's first post?!?

That was, of course, after I laughed my tush off that he won at AK. Oh, the irony!

I'm so very happy for you, Ian. Congratulations to your family. Oh, and I have to mention that your kids are so precious. Taylor in the tub was too stinkin' cute-- she looks totally in her element!

T-Belle
05-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats!! And thank you,thank you, thank you for sharing it all with us!!

Tick-Tock
05-02-2007, 01:48 PM
OMG!!! I think we saw you guys at Buzz on Sunday night! There was a family there with a VIP tour guide, and we were trying to decide if it was someone famous, or someone rich.:mickey:

Congratulations!

WDWFRK
05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I got goose bumps when I read the title on the home page!!!! Congrats on what will truly be the experience of a lifetime (for a huge Disney fan at least ;)):mickey:

MOJoe
05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! Here's hoping that this is one of many Intercot reports of members winning during the YOAMD!!!!!!!:party:

Tinkerfreak
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
OMG we were there in the AK Sunday morning. What time was it that you won? I'm so happy for you and your family. Your kids are absoutely precious. Just think, how many little girls will actually be able to say the slept in Cinderalla's caslte.

Disneydol
05-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I was in tears, too, reading Ian's first post.

Congrats to you and your family, Ian. I have appreciated your point of view on things for a couple of years now - and you always make me chuckle. Thank you for getting the details and pictures up so quickly for those of us who were dying to hear all about it!

I am thrilled for you all! :cool:

bleukarma
05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow that's really awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!! Congrats!!!

WEDTOPIA
05-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Ahhhh ! The Gods of Irony were working overtime on this one for you Ian. :secret:

Seriously ,how cool is that ? Looks like you had a great time.:thumbsup:

:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
:yay: :joy: Best post ever on Intercot!!! :joy: :yay:

Ian, my sincere congratulations to you and your family - what a great experience! :mickey:

And a big THANK YOU for sharing a quick trip report and those pics. It was great to see the pics of the inside and read your reports! :woohoo:

I am so happy for you guys - and GREAT job reporting! :clappy:

tinksmom02
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing all the details and photos so quickly! I'm so excited that I "know" someone who stayed in the castle!! :mickey:

bucky at disney
05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
How totally, incredibly, amazingly awesome! I could keep posting on how cool this is - but I would soon run out of space.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us. :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
:mickey: Wow, Ian - that is so awesome - thanks for all the reports & pictures!! Sounds like it was an amazing time... esp. for your little girl. Thanks for sharing it all with us!! :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
WOW, how exciting!! I got goosebumps just thinking about it!! I so wish when we're there in Sept something exciting will happen. Thanks for all the info and pictures!! It was great to see your adventure! :cloud9:

dumbo ears
05-02-2007, 05:38 PM
ya'll are so lucky!

mrsHerbie53
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
WOW!!!
I too almost cried reading WDWacky's post. Thank you for sharing such a fantastic event with us here at Intercot. We are so happy for you and your family.

pianobabe
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
What an incredible way to spend your sons first trip to WDW!!! Thank you for sharing all of your pictures. They are truly amazing.

Rhonda

CandleontheWater
05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow, wow, wow! I'm so happy that someone who truly appreciates the magic recieved the most magical prize of all. What a special day! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and thanks for taking such detailed pictures. It *almost* made me feel like I was there with your family! Congrats again :party:

Out of curiousity, what time where you chosen? I know they said that they do it early in the day, but exactly how early is "early" ?

DisneyCrazyET
05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
This is so sweeeeeet for you all.
Thanks for sharing.
Your children are adorable.

disneyfamily05
05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
How incredible was that! Congrats to you and the family and the beautiful pictures. What a memory to last for a life time!

Bethis26fan
05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow looks like a great plan.

sgdisney
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm so happy that someone who truly appreciates the magic recieved the most magical prize of all.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am sure there have been families that have won and thought it no big deal and I can't hardly imagine that! But it is great to see someone who truly understands the magic of Disney win such a wonderful dream!

Seasonscraps
05-02-2007, 08:54 PM
It looks & sounds absolutely wonderful!! I am glad you got to enjoy a dream!

MPoppins
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow!!!! How fantastic for someone with the true Disney spirit to win the sweetest stay in the World! Congrats!!!!:thumbsup:

McGoofy
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing the details and the pictures. I am living vicariously through you right now!! I am not kidding, I got chills and then tears in my eyes when I started looking at your photos. I guess because it's almost like knowing somebody who won the prize. You are so incredibly lucky. This has really pumped me up for my trip down there this coming Sunday!

TiggeRia
05-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your report and posting those pictures so quickly!! :mickey: I am truly happy for you and your family! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
WOW!
Congratulations on that huge dose of pixie dust you received. And thanks for sharing it with all of us!!

TikiG

mtown71
05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Congrats to you! That is wonderful news. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the experience & see some pics!:mickey:

Dawneeeey
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah so I just said to DH "Someone from my board won the night at Cinderella's Castle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Basically, if you can imagine what all those exclamation marks sound like?? I'm VERY excited for you and your family!!!!!!!

That is SO wicked cool!!!!!!!:tink:

thejens
05-02-2007, 10:17 PM
That was so nice of you to share with us so quickly! Thanks! I am so happy for you! Was it wierd having your plans disrupted and then have a VIP escort chaperoning your every move? Am I the only compulsive planner who is afraid I would have a hard time letting go of control? On the other hand I can't believe anyone would refuse such an amazing honor!!

Mom2princesses
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
:woohoo: This is such a wonderful story! I am so happy for you and thank you so much for sharing your story to the rest of us! What a wonderful day you had. You kids are adorable too!

indytraveler
05-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures and your experience. Way Cool!!!

FireMickey
05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
WOW! That looks so nice. You are so lucky! Congrats!:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
This is totally the coolest story ever!!!! Even though I don't really know you I feel as if I know you and you are probably the closest I will come to knowing someone who had this experience. Way to go!!!congrats:

Noah's Helper
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I had to check the calendar when I saw the announcement on Intercot's main page, to make sure it isn't April 1. Then I thought maybe JohnY was playing a prank on Ian. :crazy:

I can't imagine what the odds are against this happening to someone so well known around here. But how cool that it did happen! :cool: Congratulations! :thumbsup:

mttafire
05-02-2007, 11:53 PM
:yay: :joy: Best post ever on Intercot!!! :joy: :yay:

Ian, my sincere congratulations to you and your family - what a great experience! :mickey:

And a big THANK YOU for sharing a quick trip report and those pics. It was great to see the pics of the inside and read your reports! :woohoo:

I am so happy for you guys - and GREAT job reporting! :clappy:

Yep, Add me to the CONGRATS list of folks!!:thumbsup:

momof2munkies
05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Wow! That is awesome!:) I was actually there during that time and it is good to see that people actually win! I did not really see any "dream team" action and I guess I was expecting to.

Congratulations!:mickey:

Raye3201
05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
:joy: :cloud9: That is so wonderful! I really enjoyed reading your posts - I could feel your excitement!
Thanks for taking the time to post and describe everything along with your wonderful pictures! I showed them to my DD(8) and she was thrilled for your daughter!:mickey:

BigBaloo
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Too cool. Congrats.

My question is what was it like in the morning when you woke up? Could you get out in the park before they opened?

GiltterDisneyGirl
05-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Wow Congratulations WDWacky!!! I hope you had a greta time and took tons of pictures. Hope you had a blast!!!! :thumbsup: :number1: :thumbsup: :number1:

KAJUNKING
05-03-2007, 01:08 AM
its so cool for this to happen to a fellow intercotee, congrats :mickey:

princessjojo
05-03-2007, 01:25 AM
:jaw:
That is so CRAZY cool.:crazy: I am soooo jealous, especially after looking at your pics. I am even more happy that someone with kids old enough to enjoy the suite as well as their parents won it for the night.

All I can say is WOW! It is something that leaves you speechless. To just imagine something of that magnitude is just incredible. I was looking at the pictures and getting excited for you!! You can't help but get that way!

joanna71985
05-03-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow, so exciting!

conorsmom2000
05-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Ian, the pictures are amazing!! I got goosebumps just reading about your experience!! I can't even imagine how cool this whole thing must have been for Taylor! :mickey: :congrats:

big blue and hairy
05-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Congratulations Ian and family! I was really surprised to hear that you won the Castle stay in the Animal Kingdom. That just goes to show you that there is no way to plan a win.

We'll be there in July, maybe we'll have a big win to post about....

:sulley:

Ian
Yeah sorry I kinda left the story sort of hanging there ... we were leaving the room to head out to the parks and I got rushed.

To finish things off ... normally you are able to be the last one in the parks when they close. They'll let you stay out and walk around and take pictures until the last guest is out of the park. But since the park didn't close until 2AM I just couldn't make it, so I went to bed.

In the morning, they picked us up from our room at about 8:45 AM to take us over to Crystal Palace for breakfast. It was technically before the park opened, but there were people out there anyway for ADR's at Crystal Palace and stuff.

After breakfast, they took us backstage again where they loaded us into the official Castle Suite Winners Suburban and drove us back to our hotel, thus completing our Disney Dream.

It was AWESOME! My wife and I have been saying ... we feel so darn lucky to have won at all that there's not even any of that remorse you normally feel when something great is over. We're just thrilled we got to do it!

KathyMO
:cheer: :congrats: :cheer:

EpcotNut
05-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Congratualtions Ian!! Great stories - great memories! It was great of you to let us share it with you and your family - just amazing!!

ccp1
05-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Wow! I'm away from the boards for a week taking my choir to perform at EPCOT, and look what I miss!

Congratulations Ian! This is the coolest thing I've ever read! I'm so excited for you and your family! Truly sounds like an unforgettable experience!

rsumrall
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
AWESOME!!! We are living vicariously through you, WDWacky!! Can't wait to get all the glorious details when you get back!

Momof2boys
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Congrats to the entire Wacky family ! !

I was so very excited to see in the pics that Ducky was also able to experience this Dream Come True.

Ian - the report & pictures were fabulous ~ you guys will definately have memories to last you a lifetime. :cloud9: :mickey:

goofy for pluto
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
:congrats: Wacky!! :clappy:
Thanks for sharing your dream come true with us!!:cloud9:

Katzateer
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful evening with us.:cloud9: It was so exciting to hear about it.:thumbsup: :congrats:

DisneyDude1977
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to read your reports and see your pictures! Very exciting and cool!!!

sleepingbooty
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
:party: :cloud9: :D AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :cloud9: :party:

DisneyorBust
05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONSagain to the Wacky clan!:thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing the stroy with us, I get excited when I read of people winning a "Dream" especially if it's another Intercotee!:D

jedigrrrl
05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I still maintain they ONLY pick families (Has any ONE or groupe of wver one some thing?!?!?)

But Ian described how they asked about his party, and they chose HIM because he was in the 4th seat at the right time. How could they know he has a family?!?!?!?

I cried reading the descriptions.... What an experience!!!!!:mickey:

jenny1976
05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I am very happy for you and your family! :congrats: Reports were great! I felt like I was there (a girl can dream can't she?)!:cloud9:

Kate In Wonderland
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
THAT IS SO WONDERFUl!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy4disneyworld
05-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Congratulations on winning the Castle Suite, Ian!:thumbsup: I hope you had a magical time and savored every moment.

:party: :cloud9: :pixie:

DestinationWDW
05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Congratulations Ian!!! You have a beautiful family! Thank-you so much for taking time away from that wonderful experience to post and share with us!!!! If it were me, I would stayed in that tub all night - a perfect mom's retreat! What a great story for Taylor to bring home to her friends!!!:cloud9:

MagicKingdom12
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow...Congrats!!! I couldn't imagine.

Ian
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I can 100% assure you that they do not only pick families for the Castle Suite.

First and foremost, my kids were nowhere to be seen when I won. All the Dream Squad folks knew was that I was the guy in the winning seat. I could have been a four-eyed freak from outer space and I would have won the suite just the same.

And also, we saw the guest book that people who stay in the suite sign and there were quite a few single names on the list, as well as some groups who clearly weren't families.

mickeysworld
05-03-2007, 11:09 PM
:party: YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!:D

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-03-2007, 11:11 PM
How totally cool!!:thumbsup: My DD11 was soooo impressed and hopeful that maybe when we're there in July we could get picked to do something like that. Of course, they would probably pick us on the morning that we were due to leave. Any idea what they would do if you weren't able to accept the prize? Would there be an alternate prize and would they then pick someone else to sleep in the castle? (I'm sure they would pick someone else)
Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure. :mickey:

Natazu
05-03-2007, 11:13 PM
This news has absolutely made my day. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations and I hope you guys have a blast as the royal family!

KAT1811
05-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Congratulations on such a wonderful prize!!! I'm sure it is a memory that you and your family will treasure forever. It is so wonderful that you shared your experience with us in such detail. Thank you again for sharing so much of your magic.

We're heading down in September with our three Princesses and I already have my fingers crossed!!!!

Auntie
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
How exciting for you and your family!:thumbsup: Now the rest of us Intercoters can say we actually "know" someone who won!...sort of. A virtual friend!
I'm glad that someone with a little girl won..I think seeing Disney and particulary Cinderella through the eyes of a little girl is really something special. Talk about a dream come true!:mickey:

TiggerRPh
05-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks, everyone. It was really an amazing experience ... one we definitely did not think we'd ever have!

We keep walking around pinching ourselves ... Was that real???

I'm really happy for you and your family Ian, but I guess that I'll still be in the minority...I still haven't seen or heard anything that makes me wanting to win this prize.

It looks like you had a great time during the experience.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
All I have to say is how awesome of an experience. And that I am totally jealous!

tiggerific
05-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Congratulations!! :party:
Disney is really magic :mickey:

Ian
05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm really happy for you and your family Ian, but I guess that I'll still be in the minority...I still haven't seen or heard anything that makes me wanting to win this prize.Well Ray, you can take comfort in the fact that the odds are you'll never have to worry about winning it anyway. ;)

Auntie
05-04-2007, 09:47 AM
From the first day my "little ones" entered the MK..they wodered about Cinderellas Castle..and would ask if we could stay there. I remember having to explain to them that it wasn't possible..and to my daughter who was 3 for her visit..that "only Cinderella could live there". When she was 4 we have picutres of her with Cinderella..that would melt your heart. It was Disney through the eyes of a child...nothing quite like it. It truly was magical. Of course my little girl turned 20 last month...and let me tell you..she would still love to be able to stay in that castle!:mickey: One of the perks of having a little girl..no matter how old they get... they still have a place in their hearts for Cinderella. Gotta love em!

Asher's Mom
05-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I know I'm a little late in posting but:

That was so amazing, what wonderful memories you'll have!!
And thanks for sharing with the great posts and your amazing pictures!!

Wow!

DisneyJen26
05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Congratulations!! How exciting! :congrats:

How do they make sure you don't go walking out into the park after everything is closed? Is there a CM or someone that is on watch at the castle also?

King Triton
05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Ian, Congratulations! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Ian
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
How do they make sure you don't go walking out into the park after everything is closed? Is there a CM or someone that is on watch at the castle also?To get out of the room, you have to go through the little suite lobby and there's someone on call there 24 hours a day. They wouldn't let you through.

scottgr
05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
How cool...Congrats..:mickey:

poeticeclipse
05-04-2007, 05:46 PM
To get out of the room, you have to go through the little suite lobby and there's someone on call there 24 hours a day. They wouldn't let you through.

Wow, awesome. Could you see out of the windows at all??? If so, what did you see? haha.

DisnIse
05-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I am still giggling for you and your family. I can NOT imagine!
Was Taylor bummed to go back to the "peasants" hotel when the princess dream was over?
I am so excited for you, still. Thank you for sharing the pictures with everyone. Very cool.

And when you said that quite a few single people had signed the book... I couldn't help but think THAT would be the ultimate pick up line, "Wanna come back to my castle...?":cool:

MickeyDreamer
05-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Congrat's WDW Wacky with 10 days in the parks we never even saw a member of the dream team we where a little disappointed we did not get to even see anyone win anything. We certainly did not expect to win anything ourselfs but we would have liked to have seen someone win the magic.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-04-2007, 08:02 PM
With all the not happy news in this world, it's especially wonderful to hear some very very good good exciting news! Although I don't know you, I'm so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damon18
05-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Wow! Congratulations on the great prize! :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I think the Dream Squad instantly realized Ian is a big-shooter here on INTERCOT so they just KNEW they had to award him a great prize!!!:D

Here's to being in the right place at the right time!! :cheers:

Ian
05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Could you see out of the windows at all??? If so, what did you see? haha.Since all the windows are stained glass, the view wasn't quite what I had hoped it would be (not that it mattered!). The one window looked out over Fantasyland (that had the best view, looking down on the carousel) and the other looked up into Liberty Square. I tried to take some pics from the windows, but because of the stained glass they didn't really turn out.

They should have installed a balcony. ;)

Congrat's WDW Wacky with 10 days in the parks we never even saw a member of the dream team we where a little disappointed we did not get to even see anyone win anything. We certainly did not expect to win anything ourselfs but we would have liked to have seen someone win the magic.Honestly? We felt the same way you did before we won and it's been the same since we won. We haven't seen a single member of the Dream Team all week!

But still ... if I never see another one again, I still feel completely blessed.

I am still giggling for you and your family. I can NOT imagine!
Was Taylor bummed to go back to the "peasants" hotel when the princess dream was over?You know she really wasn't. None of us were. I think we all felt just SO incredibly lucky to have won the first time that there was no being bummed out at all. We got to do it and now we're all excited for whomever gets to do it after us (in fact, we looked for the winners a few times!).

And when you said that quite a few single people had signed the book... I couldn't help but think THAT would be the ultimate pick up line, "Wanna come back to my castle...?":cool:That would work on me!

caryrae
05-04-2007, 10:35 PM
You need to change your signature so it says:

April 2007- Stayed at Cinderella's Castle:cloud9:

Also now that you stayed in the castle, from the little debate about would you pick a 1 week stay at a moderate resort or a night in the castle. What do think is the better choice, staying in the castle or the free week stay at a moderate resort?

bellerose
05-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Congratulations!!!!! The pictures are great and thank you for sharing them. I know I'll never get the chance to see the suite so it was nice to look at your pictures.

By the way, your children are just beautiful!!!!

Carol
05-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Absolutely incredible, Ian. :waycool: Thanks for letting all of us enjoy the experience with you.

LibertyTreeGal
05-05-2007, 07:23 AM
I've been so busy with moving that I totally missed this. Wow and congratualtions -- it's neat, it's like we all won vicariously.

Can't even tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!!!!

Ian
05-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Also now that you stayed in the castle, from the little debate about would you pick a 1 week stay at a moderate resort or a night in the castle. What do think is the better choice, staying in the castle or the free week stay at a moderate resort?This is the way I figure it ... I can afford a week's stay in a moderate. It's something I can (and do) attain. But the Castle Suite?? That's something that very few people will ever experience. Even if they do decide to rent it out after the celebration is over it'll go for what? $5,000 a night? $10,000? I can't afford that! I'd pick the suite. Definitely.

Congratulations!!!!! The pictures are great and thank you for sharing them. I know I'll never get the chance to see the suite so it was nice to look at your pictures.

By the way, your children are just beautiful!!!!Hey, you never know! We didn't expect to win anything, but look what happened! Anything is possible in Disney!

And thank you for the compliment about the kids ... I'm kinda partial to them myself. ;)

loveswdw
05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I am so happy for you and your family! The joy is so clear on all of your faces. What a wonderful memory.:mickey:

Jared
05-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Congratulations, Ian, and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sounds like you lived a dream, and the suite lived up to any expectations.

:party: :mickey: :D

disneydeb
05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ian, I'm so happy for you and your family! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:thumbsup:

Ian
05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Ian, I'm so happy for you and your family! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:thumbsup:Hmmm ... I bet I could find a lot of people who would dispute that, but thanks anyway!! ;)

pdrlkr
05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Congratulations and thanks for the report! :smickey:

mickey&missy
05-05-2007, 07:20 PM
WOW! I haven't been on intercot in awhile. I log on and this is what I find!

My sincere congratulations to you and your entire family! How totally cool!?

Thanks for sharing! BTW, your kids are adorable!!

Dakota Rose
05-05-2007, 11:27 PM
This is so great! Congrats!

It must have been W I L D to sleep inside the MK! Wow! How awesome!

Iluvpooh
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Congratulations!! Great Pictures. Thanks for sharing. I would have dropped dead!!

Womble
05-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Congratulations Ian.

Reading this post as really made my week!

Sorry to say I agree with disneydeb, it is great when a nice guy wins.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience.

Kevin AKA Womble

lindique
05-06-2007, 04:48 PM
WOW!! It is so fantastic that someone won who could really appreciate the night in the Castle. Ian, did you tell anyone from Disney about Intercot?:tink:

Thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through your beautiful family! The pictures were great! (And I can't believe I almost missed this - I don't read the Trip Reports very often.)

Ian
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Ian, did you tell anyone from Disney about Intercot?Actually, I wore my INTERCOT shirt on check out day. ;)

The Guest Relations CM that drove us back to Pop noticed it and told me he's been on our boards before.

Disney thinks very highly of INTERCOT in general. Everytime I mention it to anyone I always get a very positive response.

HndrdPrcnt
05-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Ian -

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so totally cool. As a dad, what a great experience to share not only with your wife, but also with your children. It is so great that you got so many wonderful pictures because while your kids may not remember the trip as they get older, you will always have the pictures to show them and all of your memories of the trip to share with them as well!

I went and saw a new customer of mine the other day and he told me that he and his family just won a night in the Mickey Suite at DLR. They had an awesome time as well! He told me all about the suite there and the wonderful service they got.

Congrats again and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!:thumbsup:

threeh
05-07-2007, 12:10 AM
congrats!!! Loved the pictures and your story. I hope it was just as wonderful as it sounds. Congrats again!!!!!:thumbsup:

What is Idle Prattle For?
05-07-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm filled with an odd mixture of joy and jealousy....:)

It's always a wonderful thing when great things happen to great people.

Congrats, to you and your loved ones....

disneydrmr
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Hmm... somehow the room I had in the Smoky Mountains with the wonderful view of the mountains doesn't seem as special now. ;) :D CONGRATS to the Wacky family! That really is so cool and as others have said - it's GREAT to hear that 'one of our own' has won such a HUGE prize in this promo! Thanks for sharing the report and pics Ian! Again - CONGRATS!!!!

Ian
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the great responses!

I would love it if someone else from INTERCOT won!! We all need to keep the pixie dust flowing around here so that the Good Karma Fairy is kind to other folks from our family!!

minnie-mouse
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Congratulations Ian! How wonderful. You little "princess" must have loved this! What an amazing experience.

Rosanne
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I couldn't be happier for WDWWacky and his family... even though he is a Flyers fan...:secret:

battle beast
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Whicked awsome photos!!!

Ian
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I couldn't be happier for WDWWacky and his family... even though he is a Flyers fan...:secret:Come on now!! You can't hate on the Flyers this season ... that's like picking on a wounded gazelle.

Horizon93
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Congratulations Ian! What a great experience. I also love the phillies avatar.

Ed

dudeman1975
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Congratulations on winning, I am really excited :cloud9:. Being from Philadelhia, I also like the phillies and the Flyers.

Rosanne
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Come on now!! You can't hate on the Flyers this season ... that's like picking on a wounded gazelle.

Ok OK! I'll let it slide this time. But remember that when we have an awful season.

Ian
05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok OK! I'll let it slide this time. But remember that when we have an awful season.You'll have to be more specific on who "we" is ...

Being from New York that could be the Sabres, the Islanders, the Rangers, or even the Devils! ;)

handmaidenofprincesses
05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so jealous.. haha.. enjoy your stay!!!!! :mickey:

Jasper
05-08-2007, 06:46 PM
You know, there is one potential downside to winning this thing for your family. As I understand it from reading the posts, your children are quite young. If they are young enough not to understand the concept of "winning" a night in the castle, you may have real trouble on your hands next time you go to WDW! I can hear it now, "Daddy, why did we stay in the castle last time and you won't let us stay there this time?" LOL!!!:D :D

Ian
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Trust me ... I've had that same thought myself :(

MORTIMER
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Congratulations!!! That is awesome. I have to admit that when I read where you won, I felt sick. We were at Animal Kingdom on Sunday and I rode Expedition Everest three times, it could have been me:confused: . Just for my curiosity, what time did you win? We went to the Magic Kingdom that night and while we were watching the fireworks, I commented that there was some lucky family up there in the castle, little did I know it was an intercotee.

We did have a dream team experience earlier in the week though. We were getting ready to board one of the friendship boats in Epcot and these two guys with white vests walked up and told us that everyone in the line had won a special pin lanyard with two limited edition pins. I have three boys who are all into the pin trading, so we thought it was great. Like the other posters, we never saw the dream team again or before that and we were in the parks for seven days.

snifflesmcg
05-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Congrats and thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I feel as though I was there myself and for alot of us....that is as close as we are gonna get. Maybe Disney will spread some magic on me. I am planning my trip for sometime in the fall.

Ian
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Just for my curiosity, what time did you win?It was right around 10:30 AM ... maybe a little earlier.

LoriMistress
05-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Wonderful pictures! You guys seemed like you all had a lot of fun! Congrats on winning.:mickey:

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks for sharing the magic!!:mickey:

harlowandthemermaid
05-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I haven't been on for a while so this was a suprise! Very cool, Ian. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

LuckyMum22
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I would love to hear your wife's view on this whole event! When the baby fussed and she had to go back to the (castle) room was she in pure heaven or was she sad to be missing out on the fun? Also, were the cast members that tended to the suite extra helpful to her with the baby or was she on her own? I would wish for extra special treatment for her tending to a 5-month old in WDW with so much going on around this special occasion!

Ian
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Actually, I think Trish was thrilled to get back to the Castle, put Jake to bed, and relax. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she took a soak in the tub while Taylor and I were beating feet around Magic Kingdom.

And yes ... the CM's were terrific with Jake. They got us bottles of water to mix his formula and even held him and bounced him for us when we needed an extra hand.

rpcwjr
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm way late on the band wagon here but this is SO GREAT. Congratulations Ian. I looked at EVERY single picture too. You have a beautiful family.

I have to say that I was so happy to see that one of Intercot's own favorites won the prize! Congrats again!

mjm
05-11-2007, 09:39 PM
:joy:

Just a question about a picture you posted from the suite. One pict is looking down on Fantasyland and it looks like you're on a balcony. Is this just taken through one of the clearer panes of the windows?

Ian
05-12-2007, 07:24 AM
:joy:

Just a question about a picture you posted from the suite. One pict is looking down on Fantasyland and it looks like you're on a balcony. Is this just taken through one of the clearer panes of the windows?Yes, I really pressed the lens up against the glass for that one and it seemed to minimize some of the distortion.

Although, you may be looking at the one that I took from CRT. The windows in there are a lot clearer than they were in the suite. Honestly, I think they took great "panes" (get it? panes? ;) ) to ensure that people outside wouldn't see anyone moving around up there.

And thank you, rpcwjr!! I'm not sure I'd agree that I'm one of INTERCOT's "favorites", but I appreciate it just the same!

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:23 PM
That must have been awesome... Glad someone from the boards got to experience this first hand....

disguy
05-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh my gawsh!!!!! What a dream come true!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!:mickey: :party: :mickey:

DisnIse
05-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I still keep thinking of your family and giggling.

Have you guys come back down to Earth yet?

Figgyluv03
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Congrats, to you and your family Ian. The pictures are wonder!

Ian
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I still keep thinking of your family and giggling.

Have you guys come back down to Earth yet?Oh yeah ... it doesn't take long for reality to come crashing back in once you get home.

The one thing that amazed me, though, was that we never felt one iota of depression about heading back to Pop Century after we checked out. We were just so thrilled to have had that opportunity we floated back to the resort no questions asked!

mia_minnie07
05-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Im so happy for your family what a great and unexpected thrill..:mickey: But then again thats what Disney is all about...MAGIC around every coner...:cloud9:

Mackflava99
05-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for sharing, it seems like a tremendous thrill- I can only wish that we could win that-
I am glad to see you having such a great time:party:

mjm
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I think they took great "panes" (get it? panes? ) to ensure that people outside wouldn't see anyone moving around up there.

GROAN! :bang:

Ian
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm glad someone appreciated my pun!

BrerSchultzy
05-17-2007, 02:59 PM
You know, I got so caught up in all the excitement, reading all the posts about this and looking at all the pictures (and, quite frankly, daydreaming about what would happen if I won), that I completely forgot to say Congratulations and Thanks for posting all this...especially in such a timely manner!!

So, congratulations and thanks!

WED1901
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for shearing your pics with us!! I'm glad one of us INTERCOTEES was able to experience that. Congrats!! :mickey: