PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast suggestions?

Soul_Power
04-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Hi everyone!

With just a little under 31 days left in the countdown, I'm trying to finalize my boyfriend's and my food plans. We're on the dining plan and I have most of the counter and table service credits figured out, and I'm pretty sure we'll use the snack credits on random things throughout the week.

My question is: What do you all usually eat for breakfast (not using the dining plan's counter/table service credits)?

Do you pack some breakfast pastries beforehand and bring them with you or buy some in your hotel? We're looking to not use the dining plan and not spend that much money on breakfast either.

I hope I'm making sense. It's about 1am and I can't sleep, so hopefully someone out there could understand what my delirious self is trying to say! :dizzy: Haha!

Thanks in advance..

auntfrannie
04-29-2007, 07:40 AM
We usually pack breakfast bars or have cereal in the room before leaving for the parks. Sometimes we'll grab something quick once we're in the parks (like the Bakery on Main Street or Fountain View Cafe in Epcot). We do plan one sit-down breakfast and it's always at the Kona Cafe for the Tonga Toast and REAL coffee!

Noticed that this is your first trip! Have an absolutely WONDERFUL time!!!

sunlyon
04-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Because there is a LOT of food at the CS and TS meals, we usually use a snack credit at the resort and have something lite for breakfast. My DD always gets pineapple and I will have a pastry, bagel or yogurt. We bring our refillable mugs for our drinks. If we don't want to take the mugs back to the room we just clean them out and throw them in the backpack.

If you are staying in a moderate or higher there is a fridge and coffeemaker in the room (I'm not sure about the Values). Many people have cereal or packaged pastries/

You do get a LOT of food on these plans (either that or I'm just a light eater). If you have a fridge in the room you can store your leftover desserts, etc. and have those for b'fast (if you like leftovers).

Cathy S
04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Snack credits work great for breakfast. You could enjoy rolls from any of the great bakeries in the parks (Main street Bakery,MK, Starring Rolls,MGM, Fountain View,EPCOT) for a snack credit. Or you could pay out of pocket. Breakfast is a meal we usually spend oop anf you can get a good meal for not too much $$$. A relaxing breakfast is a great idea on at least one day of your trip. For example, go to the TTC and monorail to Poly and have tonga toast at the Kona Cafe, then monorail, ferry, or walk to MK, or monorail to TTC and on to EPCOT.

First trip -- ENJOY!

Speedy1998
04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Cereal works good. If you are staying in a value resort and like milk with your cereal, you can buy a cheap cooler, and fill it with ice before you leave for the parks, and before you go to bed.

slegrant
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
On our trips for a cheap breakfast we will go over to the Wilderness Lodge and get muffins and my favorite Maple Pecan Cinnamon Roll. It's about $2.95 and well worth the visit. We also use our resort refillable mugs for coffee and hot chocolate.

6/23/07-7/9/07 Fort Wilderness
Can't wait!!!:mickey:

dixielandings
04-29-2007, 11:52 AM
One of my favorite breakfasts is at the Main St. Bakery. They have a yogurt/fruit/granola thing that is really filling and yummy and not expensive - I was actually surprised at how much we got! Plus you're on Main St in the AM - the best time to be there!

There are more but it's your first trip - don't get overloaded! I do suggest, though, that you get out of your room in the morning. We've tried to do the breakfast bar/cereal thing before, but we find that we're itching to get out to our day and those things just aren't satisfying enough for all the walking and stuff!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
We love the Main Street Bakery, too! Nothing like watching the park wake up, listening to the clop-clop of the horse going down the street, and devouring one of those "Cinnamon-Rolls-As-Big-As-Your-Head" as we will eternally label them.:cloud9: ...(Split this, so, as the Princess says, you won't "need insulin" after eating:) )
We bring blueberry and banana loaves in the suitcases for the lazy days, and have to grab at least one Mickey waffle while we're there, too! :wave:

MinnieMommie
04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Did you say you are on the DP? Do you have a refridgerator in your room? Are you big breakfast people? What do you usually like for breakfast? Are you early risers? What do you plan on for lunch? Is breakfast just a little something to hold you over or a main meal of the day? I can help you out better if I know more. :mickey:

BritCody
04-30-2007, 07:03 AM
We bring a couple of boxes of breakfast bars with us and eat them some days. Then on the other days we also use the snacks from the plan to get a sweet roll or muffins